I hate Alabama

GalensGhost

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua: ?  ;)

214923[/snapback]

I really doubt that God cares who wins or loses a college football game.

Nice try.

Who cares what an LSU fan thinks about this whole conversation?

Now go sit over in the corner. Children should be seen and not heard, or in this case, read.

214942[/snapback]

Yeah. I would have to agree with my LSU brethren. From a psychological standpoint, this entire thread is just a manifestation of a HUGE inferiority complex and/or cry for help. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. After all, it is just a game. Unless LSU is playing, that is. Aubbies should come to grips with the fact that you will never have a football tradition like Bama (you are about 11 NC's and no telling how many SEC champs) behind. You will always be a red-headed stepchild with moments of respectability. Just don't ever let a little thing like REALITY intrude on your little fantasy world and everything will be just fine. I feel your pain. Really, I do. GEAUX TIGERS! :lsu:

215324[/snapback]

Nice try. Notice that a majority of the things in this thread deal with Alabama fans elevating, as you have done, past achievements to deal with the present (its been over 20 years since Alabama dominated)... such as the bragging of national championships a lot of them probably did not witness. This could be labled as a superiority complex which develops to compensate for a inferiority complex (such as claiming we were NC's in 1935 and 1941 after losing in 2006). You will also see that along with the elevation of achievements as a attack, they also do so in a way that breaks social norms.

Also a majority of the Alabama fans that do these acts did not attend college, and Auburn fans have a reputation of actually attending Auburn (especially in the past when Alabama was dominate). The use of Bama's football tradition is a compensation of education and economic jealousy (these having neither the grades or possibly the finances to attend the University of Alabama) in these people. If you really wanted to apply the theory to the T, then you would have to go back into early childhood. To do that you then have to take into account that prior to Georgia starting the Hope scholarship that over 50% of Auburn students were from out of state (mainly Georgia) when Alabama was dominate. So the childhood incidents with Alabama fans would not be there. Please review your Adler.

Course now what compensation can we accuse you of since you feel the need to participate in a rivalry that is not your own due to the lack of one?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua:;)

214923[/snapback]

I really doubt that God cares who wins or loses a college football game.

Nice try.

Who cares what an LSU fan thinks about this whole conversation?

Now go sit over in the corner. Children should be seen and not heard, or in this case, read.

214942[/snapback]

Yeah. I would have to agree with my LSU brethren. From a psychological standpoint, this entire thread is just a manifestation of a HUGE inferiority complex and/or cry for help. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. After all, it is just a game. Unless LSU is playing, that is. Aubbies should come to grips with the fact that you will never have a football tradition like Bama (you are about 11 NC's and no telling how many SEC champs) behind. You will always be a red-headed stepchild with moments of respectability. Just don't ever let a little thing like REALITY intrude on your little fantasy world and everything will be just fine. I feel your pain. Really, I do. GEAUX TIGERS! :lsu:

215324[/snapback]

Nice try. Notice that a majority of the things in this thread deal with Alabama fans elevating, as you have done, past achievements to deal with the present (its been over 20 years since Alabama dominated)... such as the bragging of national championships a lot of them probably did not witness. This could be labled as a superiority complex which develops to compensate for a inferiority complex (such as claiming we were NC's in 1935 and 1941 after losing in 2006). You will also see that along with the elevation of achievements as a attack, they also do so in a way that breaks social norms.

Also a majority of the Alabama fans that do these acts did not attend college, and Auburn fans have a reputation of actually attending Auburn (especially in the past when Alabama was dominate). The use of Bama's football tradition is a compensation of education and economic jealousy (these having neither the grades or possibly the finances to attend the University of Alabama) in these people. If you really wanted to apply the theory to the T, then you would have to go back into early childhood. To do that you then have to take into account that prior to Georgia starting the Hope scholarship that over 50% of Auburn students were from out of state (mainly Georgia) when Alabama was dominate. So the childhood incidents with Alabama fans would not be there. Please review your Adler.

Course now what compensation can we accuse you of since you feel the need to participate in a rivalry that is not your own due to the lack of one?

239906[/snapback]

Damn, thats good.... :D

Until the 1960s, Bama didn't have tradition like Bama. I beleive the AP will show one MNC before Bear Bryant, then five after. Until 1983, Miami ( of Florida) had no MNCs. Now they are condsidered a trditional power by many fans and the media. (not that I put much stock in what the media says, but they do influence perception)

So, to say this school or that school will never have tradition like another is ignorant. But we should consider the source.

It's difficult for LSU fans to understand rivalry. They hate everyone and are desperate for the attention that a rival would give them. I repsect their football program, but the fans have proven themselves to be like the obnoxious child that will do anything for attention.

BTW does anyone else smell urine?

As for the original topic of this thread, yeah I hate Bama, but I love them hating us.

I think uaters attempt to hide their jealousy with hate. They know WHO "OWNS" football in this State. :au::cheer:

Until the 1960s, Bama didn't have tradition like Bama.  I beleive the AP will show one MNC before Bear Bryant, then five after. Until 1983, Miami ( of Florida) had no MNCs.  Now they are condsidered a trditional power by many fans and the media.  (not that I put much stock in what the media says, but they do influence perception)

As for the original topic of this thread, yeah I hate Bama, but I love them hating us.

240010[/snapback]

Wrong. 12 of our conference titles have been won w/o Bryant as the head coach along with. We've always had "Bama like" tradition, sorry.

And for the record, I don't hate Auburn at all. But I do love knowing that you hate us!!

Link: http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/alabama_database.htm

Until the 1960s, Bama didn't have tradition like Bama.  I beleive the AP will show one MNC before Bear Bryant, then five after.

240010[/snapback]

Wrong. 12 of our conference titles have been won w/o Bryant as the head coach along with. We've always had "Bama like" tradition, sorry.

And for the record, I don't hate Auburn at all. But I do love knowing that you hate us!!

241371[/snapback]

Way to read carefully, notice I said before Bryant and mentioned MNCs. But to your point about conference titles, Bama had eight before Bryant (including the Southern Conference records)

It certainly wasn't the same program after Bryant arrived that it was before. And note the 27 year stretch between the MNC of 1934 (pre-AP) and 1961 (AP), that included only three conference championships.

Until the 1960s, Bama didn't have tradition like Bama.  I beleive the AP will show one MNC before Bear Bryant, then five after. Until 1983, Miami ( of Florida) had no MNCs.  Now they are condsidered a trditional power by many fans and the media.  (not that I put much stock in what the media says, but they do influence perception)

240010[/snapback]

241371[/snapback]

Quick question wc.

Is it really worth bragging about averaging a shade under 7 wins a year?

Nice try. Notice that a majority of the things in this thread deal with Alabama fans elevating, as you have done, past achievements to deal with the present (its been over 20 years since Alabama dominated)... such as the bragging of national  championships a lot of them probably did not witness. This could be labled as a superiority complex which develops to compensate for a inferiority complex (such as claiming we were NC's in 1935 and 1941 after losing in 2006).  You will also see that along with the elevation of achievements as a attack, they also do so in a way that breaks social norms.

Huh? :blink:

Surely you jest.

239906[/snapback]

On this, we can agree.

Nice try. Notice that a majority of the things in this thread deal with Alabama fans elevating, as you have done, past achievements to deal with the present (its been over 20 years since Alabama dominated)... such as the bragging of national  championships a lot of them probably did not witness. This could be labled as a superiority complex which develops to compensate for a inferiority complex (such as claiming we were NC's in 1935 and 1941 after losing in 2006).  You will also see that along with the elevation of achievements as a attack, they also do so in a way that breaks social norms.

Huh? :blink:

Surely you jest.

239906[/snapback]

On this, we can agree.

241701[/snapback]

First part applying Adlers rule of individual psychology in dealing with complexes. I was just throwing out some years, I could have used 78 if you liked, it still has no bearing on 2006 results.

Second part my parents went to school here in the late 60's early 70's. The joke was that Georgia had three major schools. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn. Majority of people that cheered for Auburn did actually attend Auburn during that time period when Alabama was dominate. Alabama's winning gave them alot of fans that had no affiliation with a university. Just saw the other day 48% of Auburn is out of state, and over 50% of Auburn was out of state prior to the Hope Scholarship in Georgia. Those that did not attend college during those days in the state of Alabama cheered for Alabama... mean ya'll brag about how Alabama has the most support from the state, even today. Again applying Adler, complexes would have had to develop in childhood, if your fans are coming out of Georgia they were not exposed to Alabama fans in early childhood... therefore the complex couldn't develop and if so it would most likely be toward Georgia.

Until the 1960s, Bama didn't have tradition like Bama.  I believe the AP will show one MNC before Bear Bryant, then five after.

240010[/snapback]

Correction: before Bryant's arrival at UAT, they had no AP championship. AU received the 1st AP Championship in the state of Alabama in 1957.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Oh my... I log in and what do I see?
I hate Alabama

By: wincrimson

There is hope for you yet wc!

239377[/snapback]

Oh no no no... Just b/c I come down to watch my cousin march doesn't mean that I'll be sportin' the orange and blue.

I bleed crimson and you do too. :cheer:

239385[/snapback]

That really doesn't show a lot of class on your part. I've been to a number of Alabama games and out of respect for the people I attend with, I wear neutral colors. I wouldn't show up in BDS (unless Auburn was playing there) in AU gear just to be a jackass.

I hate Alabama

239377[/snapback]

Oh no no no... Just b/c I come down to watch my cousin march doesn't mean that I'll be sportin' the orange and blue.

239385[/snapback]

That really doesn't show a lot of class on your part. I've been to a number of Alabama games and out of respect for the people I attend with, I wear neutral colors. I wouldn't show up in BDS (unless Auburn was playing there) in AU gear just to be a jackass.

243214[/snapback]

Blindly jumping to conclusions doesn't show a lot of intelligence on your part. I've been to a number of Auburn games and out of respect for the people I attend with, I wear neutral colors. I wouldn't show up in JHS (unless Alabama was playing there) in UA gear just to be a jackass.

Did you were crimson and white when you came to 'Bama games? No. Will I wear orange and blue when I come to your place? Of course not.

Care to point out where I said I would be decked out in Bama gear?

I hate Alabama

239377[/snapback]

239385[/snapback]

243214[/snapback]

Blindly jumping to conclusions doesn't show a lot of intelligence on your part. I've been to a number of Auburn games and out of respect for the people I attend with, I wear neutral colors. I wouldn't show up in JHS (unless Alabama was playing there) in UA gear just to be a jackass.

Did you were crimson and white when you came to 'Bama games? No. Will I wear orange and blue when I come to your place? Of course not.

243674[/snapback]

Okay. I understood your "i bleed crimpson" deal to mean you were going to wear the bama stuff just to make your point.

I can't understand why anyone would purposely wear that garish Bama garb to begin with. And I certainly don't see how anyone in their right mind could get pumped up listening to a sound pumped over the loudspeakers that -- to be honest -- reminds me of an old man straining to pass a massive air biscuit (PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!). But to each his own.

I hate Alabama

239377[/snapback]

239385[/snapback]

243214[/snapback]

243674[/snapback]

Okay. I understood your "i bleed crimpson" deal to mean you were going to wear the bama stuff just to make your point.

I can't understand why anyone would purposely wear that garish Bama garb to begin with. And I certainly don't see how anyone in their right mind could get pumped up listening to a sound pumped over the loudspeakers that -- to be honest -- reminds me of an old man straining to pass a massive air biscuit (PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!). But to each his own.

243772[/snapback]

I actually wear a crimson or red/white Polo shirt to the games anyway...

If you were a not a rival, you would get pumped up over that intro. But the again, I realize how you couldn't get pumped up about a man that completely owned you and coached your hated Bama to be the #1 football progam in America during his tenure.

And btw, did Pat Dye really sound all that great at his dedication? He was on Finebaum the week before and could barely get through the interview he was coughing so much. He's not exactly alpha male these days either....... but then again, I'll leave the worm food jokes to you Barners. Y'all are pros at it making fun of the weak/dead.

Guest Tigrinum Major

He was talking about the elephant that bleats over the loudspeaker, I believe.

Not the quotes of Bryant.

243867[/snapback]

You're prolly right. The "old man" reference is what caught my eye.

My b.

243867[/snapback]

Oops, I thought he was referring to the flatulence of Bryant that they captured and play before every game. :big:

243907[/snapback]

Whatever that noise is. I guess it's supposed to be an elephant. All I know is that when my daughter was 3 or 4 and heard it on the radio, she burst out laughing and said "Daddy, somebody POOTED!"

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Sounds like painful gas to me.

That would fit in with the whole uat gameday atmosphere. :D

244217[/snapback]

I do hate Alabama, but that's not the reason for this question:

I've been to almost every SEC football stadium. There is more alcohol (abuse) at LSU than anywhere, that's a given. Beyond LSU, however, am I alone in the perception that there are more drunks at an Alabama game than anywhere else? Ole Miss comes in third.

Jordan Hare is way down the list. In all the years I've been coming to games, I've only had to ask some obnoxious drunk to settle down twice.

244217[/snapback]

I've been to almost every SEC football stadium. There is more alcohol (abuse) at LSU than anywhere, that's a given. Beyond LSU, however, am I alone in the perception that there are more drunks at an Alabama game than anywhere else? Ole Miss comes in third.

Jordan Hare is way down the list. In all the years I've been coming to games, I've only had to ask some obnoxious drunk to settle down twice.

244278[/snapback]

I would have to say that Ben Hill-Griffin Stadium has just as many drunks as Red Stick does. If those obnoxious folks aren't drunk they should be.

Beyond those two, I haven't seen any stadium with too many overall.

244217[/snapback]

244278[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% Ghost.

p.s. Let me take this opportunity to say "Sorry" again. I should have listened to you the first TWO times. :D

Archived