I hate Alabama

GalensGhost

I've read a number of eloquent rants against Alabama and their obnoxious fans in a variety of places throughout this board (and others).  Let's get them all in one place.  One story at a time, brick by brick, put the pieces together. We all have anecdotes of Bama churlishness, particularly those who lived during the Bear's time. 

Here's one of mine. More to come.

I hate Alabama fans because they include far too many of the most ignorant, obnoxious people on earth.  I was in Tuscaloosa with my kids a coupld of weeks before Christmas. Wearing an orange Auburn pullover, normal attire for me. [sidebar: There are more Auburn fans in Tuscaloosa than most people realize]. It's cold and the kids want to go to a movie to break up the shopping monotony. On the way in, a cop stops me and tells my kids I've got to change my shirt or leave the theater. He thinks it's funny. It terrifies my six year old daughter.  He apologizes. We go into the theater and before the movie, they show a highlight reel of Mike Shula and the Tide football team.  A group of Bammers sitting behind us start up an "Auburn SUCKS" cheer. Over and over. Auburn SUCKS. Auburn SUCKS.  These aren't kids. These are grown people.  My 15-year old daughter is a hothead. She throws up four fingers before I can stop her.  This provokes a round of profanity from behind us.  Thankfully the previews start and the bammers settle down.

Leave the theater and head back to the mall. Cashier at Hibbetts tells me they don't take Auburn money. She's kidding, I'm sure. but I've had about enough. Back out in the hallway of the mall, this stinking overweight hag in sweatpants and a red "Got 12" t-shirt gets in my path and tells me I'm wearing the ugliest shirt she's ever seen. In case you hadn't noticed, I can be a jackass myself.  Winston Churchill came to mind. So I told her, "Lady, I can change shirts. But you..."  And I walked off.

Okay, so maybe the orange AU shirt in Tuscaloosa when the wounds were still fresh wasn't the best idea. But I still hate Bama.

For what it's worth, a lady who has known me for 15 years saw me wearing my blue AU pullover a few days after the game and sneered "you Auburn people are really coming out of the woodwork, aren't you."  How could she have missed that most of the clothes I've owned for the entire time I've known her are either orange or blue and have an AU insignia on them? I wear my gaudiest AU clothes on the days after AU loses!  Anyway... I hate Alabama. Always have. Always will.

209496[/snapback]

Uhhhh.....well...We're not as obnoxious as LSU fans are we? :no: No we are not.

Are we as Ignorant as a Tennessee graduate? :no: nothing is!

But...this is the offical "I hate ALABAMA" thread i got no room to talk.

But remember this.....Auburn is in Alabama...And what you say bout 'bama you're basicly sayin it bout the old cow college.(sorry had to throw that in there! :D ) But y'all have a nice day! :moon::boxing:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read a number of eloquent rants against Alabama and their obnoxious fans in a variety of places throughout this board (and others).  Let's get them all in one place.  One story at a time, brick by brick, put the pieces together. We all have anecdotes of Bama churlishness, particularly those who lived during the Bear's time. 

I hate Alabama fans because they include far too many of the most ignorant, obnoxious people on earth.  I was in Tuscaloosa with my kids a coupld of weeks before Christmas. Wearing an orange Auburn pullover, normal attire for me. [sidebar: There are more Auburn fans in Tuscaloosa than most people realize]. It's cold and the kids want to go to a movie to break up the shopping monotony. On the way in, a cop stops me and tells my kids I've got to change my shirt or leave the theater. He thinks it's funny. It terrifies my six year old daughter.  He apologizes. We go into the theater and before the movie, they show a highlight reel of Mike Shula and the Tide football team.  A group of Bammers sitting behind us start up an "Auburn SUCKS" cheer. Over and over. Auburn SUCKS. Auburn SUCKS.  These aren't kids. These are grown people.  My 15-year old daughter is a hothead. She throws up four fingers before I can stop her.  This provokes a round of profanity from behind us.  Thankfully the previews start and the bammers settle down.

Leave the theater and head back to the mall. Cashier at Hibbetts tells me they don't take Auburn money. She's kidding, I'm sure. but I've had about enough. Back out in the hallway of the mall, this stinking overweight hag in sweatpants and a red "Got 12" t-shirt gets in my path and tells me I'm wearing the ugliest shirt she's ever seen. In case you hadn't noticed, I can be a jackass myself.  Winston Churchill came to mind. So I told her, "Lady, I can change shirts. But you..."  And I walked off.

Okay, so maybe the orange AU shirt in Tuscaloosa when the wounds were still fresh wasn't the best idea. But I still hate Bama.

For what it's worth, a lady who has known me for 15 years saw me wearing my blue AU pullover a few days after the game and sneered "you Auburn people are really coming out of the woodwork, aren't you."  How could she have missed that most of the clothes I've owned for the entire time I've known her are either orange or blue and have an AU insignia on them? I wear my gaudiest AU clothes on the days after AU loses!  Anyway... I hate Alabama. Always have. Always will.

209496[/snapback]

But remember this.....Auburn is in Alabama...And what you say bout 'bama you're basicly sayin it bout the old cow college.(sorry had to throw that in there! :D ) But y'all have a nice day! :moon::boxing:

214493[/snapback]

Let me make this perfectly clear.

Yes, Alabama fans are more obnoxious than LSU fans. Decidedly so.

Yes, Alabama fans are more ignorant than Tennessee fans. Decidedly so.

I have, on occasion, found myself hoping LSU or Tennessee won a game. I have, on occasion, worn clothes that were yellow, purple or orange.

I have never found myself wanting Alabama to do anything other than lose, even if it is something as ridiculous as Kenny Stabler being denied the NFL Hall of Fame. I hope they lose the coin flip before every game. I don't even want them to win that.

I have never worn anything close to crimson in my life. No ties, hats, shirt or any other piece of apparel that could be mistaken for that diseased color.

I wish Eli Gold would lose his voice five minutes after the kickoff of every game and regain it only if Alabama loses.

I think Sela Ward is one butt ugly cow because she went to Alabama. I can't get past it.

My first-born daughter was given an Alabama jumpsuit by a well-meaning yet unaware great aunt. I burned it in the bar-b-q grill. In front of said aunt. Had to make a point.

I once returned a gift I bought at Brombergs because the day after I bought it, I saw an online ad on the Auburn Tigers site and they were advertisitng a crystal elephant for sale. I was offended. They could not have my money.

The Seahawks used to be one of my favorite teams. I hate them now. Go Steelers.

Tampa Bay and Miami used to be two of my least favorite teams. I love them both now. Go Fins and Bucs.

You could not pay me to eat at Bob Baumhower's Wings. I don't care if you made my salad out of $100 bills and filled my plate with pieces of gold. I'd rather eat dog food from a can.

Want more?

209496[/snapback]

214493[/snapback]

I have, on occasion, found myself hoping LSU or Tennessee won a game. I have, on occasion, worn clothes that were yellow, purple or orange.

I have never found myself wanting Alabama to do anything other than lose, even if it is something as ridiculous as Kenny Stabler being denied the NFL Hall of Fame. I hope they lose the coin flip before every game. I don't even want them to win that.

I have never worn anything close to crimson in my life. No ties, hats, shirt or any other piece of apparel that could be mistaken for that diseased color.

I wish Eli Gold would lose his voice five minutes after the kickoff of every game and regain it only if Alabama loses.

I think Sela Ward is one butt ugly cow because she went to Alabama. I can't get past it.

My first-born daughter was given an Alabama jumpsuit by a well-meaning yet unaware great aunt. I burned it in the bar-b-q grill. In front of said aunt. Had to make a point.

I once returned a gift I bought at Brombergs because the day after I bought it, I saw an online ad on the Auburn Tigers site and they were advertisitng a crystal elephant for sale. I was offended. They could not have my money.

Tampa Bay and Miami used to be two of my least favorite teams. I love them both now. Go Fins and Bucs.

You could not pay me to eat at Bob Baumhower's Wings. I don't care if you made my salad out of $100 bills and filled my plate with pieces of gold. I'd rather eat dog food from a can.

Want more?

214511[/snapback]

Very well said Ghost.... Hey...have you seen this yet??

RiseFall.JPG

... Want more?

214511[/snapback]

Agree with pretty much everything you say GG ... but don't go hatin' on the Seahawks. Shaun hasn't been racking up all those yards by himself. He's got a Pro Bowl FB in Mack Strong (UGA) and two more Pro Bowl linemen in Walter Jones (FSU) and Steve Hutchinson (Mich,) not to mention an OG from dear old :au: in Chris Gray. Also, check out the Quick Poll results on who the fans expect to be the deciding factor in the SB: Poll Alexander is running a distant 4th out of 4 choices.

Sela Ward? :no: Yeah, OK. ... I know my eyes will get progressively weaker as I age but brother I ain't there yet!

Agree with pretty much everything you say GG ... but don't go hatin' on the Seahawks.  Shaun hasn't been racking up all those yards by himself.  He's got a Pro Bowl FB in Mack Strong (UGA) and two more Pro Bowl linemen in Walter Jones (FSU) and Steve Hutchinson (Mich,) not to mention an OG from dear old  :au: in Chris Gray.  Also, check out the Quick Poll results on who the fans expect to be the deciding factor in the SB:  Poll  Alexander is running a distant 4th out of 4 choices. 

Sela Ward?  :no:   Yeah, OK. ... I know my eyes will get progressively weaker as I age but brother I ain't there yet!

214537[/snapback]

Sorry. I know Walter Jones. I've known him since he was a little kid. Know his mom and his stepsons very well. Walter's a great guy. I wish him well.

However......

Did you see Shaun Alexander running up and down the field with the NFC Championship trophy held over his head? Prima donna. Have you heard the unrelenting smack from Bama fans who can't understand why recruits don't want to come there because as Alexander proves, the Crapshoot is clearly the path to NFL greatness? To their mind, Alexander obviously and easily trumps Carnell, Rudi, Stephen, Ronnie, Fred, Tony and Heath.

No, I won't be rooting for the Seahawks. I will be hoping that the Steeler defense slams Alexander to the turf every time his hands touch the ball. I hope they leave him so dazed and confused that he pees in his water bottle and drinks from the toilet.

As far as Sela goes, there are hundreds of other actresses just as attractive as she supposedly is who do not have her awful baggage. If I hear one more time how "she used to date Joe Namath" when she was an Alabama cheerleader from one of these ignorant, in-bred, four-toothed, snuff-dipping sons a beartches around here.... You ask me, she is one butt-ugly heifer.

I hate Alabama and everything it produces.

Agree with pretty much everything you say GG ... but don't go hatin' on the Seahawks.  Shaun hasn't been racking up all those yards by himself.  He's got a Pro Bowl FB in Mack Strong (UGA) and two more Pro Bowl linemen in Walter Jones (FSU) and Steve Hutchinson (Mich,) not to mention an OG from dear old  :au: in Chris Gray.  Also, check out the Quick Poll results on who the fans expect to be the deciding factor in the SB:  Poll  Alexander is running a distant 4th out of 4 choices. 

Sela Ward?  :no:   Yeah, OK. ... I know my eyes will get progressively weaker as I age but brother I ain't there yet!

214537[/snapback]

214603[/snapback]

Sorry Galen. I have to disagree. UAT produces a lot of things to laugh about.

Sela Ward?   :no:   Yeah, OK. ... I know my eyes will get progressively weaker as I age but brother I ain't there yet!

214537[/snapback]

214603[/snapback]

Sorry Galen. I have to disagree. UAT produces a lot of things to laugh about.

214609[/snapback]

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes :ua: , and hates :au: . He has given :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's. You could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates AU , so who cares whether or not you hate :ua: ? ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major
As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua:;)

214923[/snapback]

I really doubt that God cares who wins or loses a college football game.

Nice try.

Who cares what an LSU fan thinks about this whole conversation?

Now go sit over in the corner. Children should be seen and not heard, or in this case, read.

209496[/snapback]

214493[/snapback]

Want more?

214511[/snapback]

Very well said Ghost.... Hey...have you seen this yet??

RiseFall.JPG

214515[/snapback]

not even cool...... :puke::no:

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua: ?  ;)

214923[/snapback]

Nice try.

Now go sit over in the corner. Children should be seen and not heard, or in this case, read.

214942[/snapback]

Yeah. I would have to agree with my LSU brethren. From a psychological standpoint, this entire thread is just a manifestation of a HUGE inferiority complex and/or cry for help. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. After all, it is just a game. Unless LSU is playing, that is. Aubbies should come to grips with the fact that you will never have a football tradition like Bama (you are about 11 NC's and no telling how many SEC champs) behind. You will always be a red-headed stepchild with moments of respectability. Just don't ever let a little thing like REALITY intrude on your little fantasy world and everything will be just fine. I feel your pain. Really, I do. GEAUX TIGERS! :lsu:

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua: ?  ;)

214923[/snapback]

Nice try.

214942[/snapback]

Yeah. I would have to agree with my LSU brethren. From a psychological standpoint, this entire thread is just a manifestation of a HUGE inferiority complex and/or cry for help. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. After all, it is just a game. Unless LSU is playing, that is. Aubbies should come to grips with the fact that you will never have a football tradition like Bama (you are about 11 NC's and no telling how many SEC champs) behind. You will always be a red-headed stepchild with moments of respectability. Just don't ever let a little thing like REALITY intrude on your little fantasy world and everything will be just fine. I feel your pain. Really, I do. GEAUX TIGERS! :lsu:

215324[/snapback]

Can you believe someone would edit a post and STILL have it come out reading like this?

Says a LOT about LSU. :roflol:

Of course the chance that this dweeb actually went to LSU is about 50/1.

214923[/snapback]

Nice try.

214942[/snapback]

215324[/snapback]

thats big smack coming from a fan of a school who considers us their biggest rival.

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though GOD likes  :ua: , and hates  :au: . He has given  :ua: loads of tradition, a bunch more  :sec: championships, and a slew of one-loss NC's.  You  could go three years without a defeat and not pull off the NC. GOD hates  AU , so who cares whether or not you hate  :ua:;)

214923[/snapback]

Nice try.

214942[/snapback]

Agreed mister TM!

• 1 month later...

Tonight I was dog cussed, called many other names I can't repeat, and was told I go to a "pig college" by a good ole boy turd fan from Rehobeth AL who when we questioned where he went to school he claimed good ole uat. So if he goes to bama, what was he doing in Dothan and the surrounding areas?

Tonight I was dog cussed, called many other names I can't repeat, and was told I go to a "pig college" by a good ole boy turd fan from Rehobeth AL who when we questioned where he went to school he claimed good ole uat.  So if he goes to bama, what was he doing in Dothan and the surrounding areas?

226199[/snapback]

Maybe they are on Spring break. Gotta pump that gas and sell those slurpees to pay tuition.

• 2 months later...

I HATE ALABAMA BECAUSE:

:au: In the firsst grade, I had this mean teacher named Ms. Harrison. Ms. Harrison didn't get me. She was always mad at me, and it almost seemed that she looked for a reason to be mad. I always talked in class, and was always coming up with things that accidentally got me in trouble. My punishment was always to lift up my pants legs and get a lick with the paddle on the calf of my leg, and I am just now 29 YEARS OLD!!! Its not like this was 1900 or something, this was the early part of the 80's. Anyway, Ms. Harrison was mean. That is all the emotion I ever saw out of her. Untill.....One day, Paul Bear Bryant DIED. Ms. Harrison wheeled one of those big ole' flip knobed T.V.'s into the room, and made us watch PBB's funeral. SHE STARTED CRYING! At that age, my parents were Alabama fans. That is what I had been exposed to. However, all I knew was that Paul Bear Bryant was Alabamas coach, and that Auburn HATED Alabama. I stood up, walked up to the front of the class, and told her I was glad he was dead BECAUSE I WAS AN AUBURN FAN!!!!!!!! In that moment, I meant it. I was an Auburn Fan. I got suspended from school for the first time that day, and my butt beat at home. I never waivered though....I love Auburn. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Christopher 02'

I HATE ALABAMA BECAUSE:

:au:   In the firsst grade, I had this mean teacher named Ms. Harrison.  Ms. Harrison didn't get me.  She was always mad at me, and it almost seemed that she looked for a reason to be mad.  I always talked in class, and was always coming up with things that accidentally got me in trouble.  My punishment was always to lift up my pants legs and get a lick with the paddle on the calf of my leg, and I am just now 29 YEARS OLD!!!  Its not like this was 1900 or something, this was the early part of the 80's.  Anyway, Ms. Harrison was mean.  That is all the emotion I ever saw out of her.  Untill.....One day, Paul Bear Bryant DIED.  Ms. Harrison wheeled one of those big ole' flip knobed T.V.'s into the room, and made us watch PBB's funeral.  SHE STARTED CRYING!  At that age, my parents were Alabama fans.  That is what I had been exposed to.  However, all I knew was that Paul Bear Bryant was Alabamas coach, and that Auburn HATED Alabama.  I stood up, walked up to the front of the class, and told her I was glad he was dead BECAUSE I WAS AN AUBURN FAN!!!!!!!!  In that moment, I meant it.  I was an Auburn Fan.  I got suspended from school for the first time that day, and my butt beat at home.    I never waivered though....I love Auburn.  WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Christopher  02'

239217[/snapback]

Wow... this is a classic

I HATE ALABAMA BECAUSE:

:au:   In the firsst grade, I had this mean teacher named Ms. Harrison.  Ms. Harrison didn't get me.  She was always mad at me, and it almost seemed that she looked for a reason to be mad.  I always talked in class, and was always coming up with things that accidentally got me in trouble.  My punishment was always to lift up my pants legs and get a lick with the paddle on the calf of my leg, and I am just now 29 YEARS OLD!!!  Its not like this was 1900 or something, this was the early part of the 80's.  Anyway, Ms. Harrison was mean.  That is all the emotion I ever saw out of her.  Untill.....One day, Paul Bear Bryant DIED.  Ms. Harrison wheeled one of those big ole' flip knobed T.V.'s into the room, and made us watch PBB's funeral.  SHE STARTED CRYING!  At that age, my parents were Alabama fans.  That is what I had been exposed to.  However, all I knew was that Paul Bear Bryant was Alabamas coach, and that Auburn HATED Alabama.  I stood up, walked up to the front of the class, and told her I was glad he was dead BECAUSE I WAS AN AUBURN FAN!!!!!!!!  In that moment, I meant it.  I was an Auburn Fan.  I got suspended from school for the first time that day, and my butt beat at home.    I never waivered though....I love Auburn.  WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Christopher  02'

239217[/snapback]

You will have a lot of fans around here...

LOL I don't *hate* Auburn. I do harbor an intense dislike for y'all though. ;)

Actually, my cousin is going to be an AU majorette this year, and I plan on spending some Saturdays down there when the Tide is away. You can pick me out by my :ua: colors.

Oh my... I log in and what do I see?
I hate Alabama

By: wincrimson

There is hope for you yet wc!

239377[/snapback]

Oh no no no... Just b/c I come down to watch my cousin march doesn't mean that I'll be sportin' the orange and blue.

I bleed crimson and you do too. :cheer:

Watch out for the T H U M B ! ! ! ! :big::au::cheer:

I dated my wife for 3 1/2 years before we got married of which nearly two years were somewhat long distance (Montgomery - Birmingham). One weekend I am on my way to see her in B'ham and I get pulled over on I-65 N just past the 85 interchange.

While I am in the patrol car I get the preaching from the officer about the horrilble things he has witnessed due to people speeding. I was doing 67 in a 55, mind you. They had been doing work on the interstate and the limit has been reduced. But I digress. He tells me of a recent accident he worked that winds up being the one that killed my best friend. I let him know this. He goes on and on and finally hands me my ticket. I exit the car and start to close the door and he says, "one more thing. Roll Tide." (I have an Auburn Tag and was wearing an Auburn shirt.) What a jackass! One of the many reasons I hate Alabama.

I dated my wife for 3 1/2 years before we got married of which nearly two years were somewhat long distance (Montgomery - Birmingham).  One weekend I am on my way to see her in B'ham and I get pulled over on I-65 N just past the 85 interchange.

While I am in the patrol car I get the preaching from the officer about the horrilble things he has witnessed due to people speeding.  I was doing 67 in a 55, mind you.  They had been doing work on the interstate and the limit has been reduced.  But I digress.  He tells me of a recent accident he worked that winds up being the one that killed my best friend.  I let him know this.  He goes on and on and finally hands me my ticket.  I exit the car and start to close the door and he says, "one more thing.  Roll Tide."  (I have an Auburn Tag and was wearing an Auburn shirt.)  What a jackass!  One of the many reasons I hate Alabama.

239852[/snapback]

As if we don't need any more reasons.... They wonder why they are the most hated fan base in all of college football... hey, maybe they'll claim an NC for that too....

Archived