Lowder Poll

Boonan

Do you like and/or support Lowder?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like and/or support Lowder?

• Yes
    • No

Well for me, the last straw for Mr. Lowder has to do with SACS. It is one thing if the media chooses to portray you in a bad light. That happens all the time to good people with the best intentions. However, when the accreditation board specifically calls Lowder out for micromanaging the University and being a BOT member with a financial interest in the University (which is also prohibitted), then regardless of how much good he has done for the university, this simply cannot be tolerated. There is nothing more embarassing for a major university than to have its accreditation question. In doing this, Mr. Lowder put thousands of people's livelyhood in danger, and also gave a nasty black eye to the institution that we all love. This, in my eyes, is inexcusable. Even if, in some strange parallel universe, the man was completely innocent he should have still seen the severity of the situation and out of love for auburn and proper human decency stepped down. And another thing that bugs the $h!t out of me about the board of trustees in general is that I will graduate from this school without ever seeing a University President in office that rightfully belonged there. Muse (who I am in no way trying to heroify) challenged the BOT and was run off, since then there has not been a president that was actually voted into office by the students, alumni, governor and BOT, the way it should be done. Walker and Richardson were both "interim" presidents appointed by the BOT to serve for a short period of time while the BOT "interviewed" candidates for the job. However the BOT interviewed just a small number of applicants and decided that there was no one on earth suited for the job, so the man that they picked must stay in office. Stalin would be proud. In saying all this, I am sure Lowder is a fine upstanding citizen who gives generously to cancer reaseach and orphanages, and adopts little somalian kids that are starving, but HE IS NO GOOD FOR AUBURN. I'd just as soon see him do cartwheels across I-85 than stay in office. :angry:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't the former President decide to make that trip and call for those others to go with him?

211485[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. I sat in Pres. Walker's skybox with him at the Miss. St. game before the ill fated trip to Louisville. He was clearly down on TT and I was curious why. Yet everybody seems to blame Lowder and have forgotten about Walker.

back to the subject at hand....

I appreciate every $ that lowder has given to Auburn University, but I detest the price for that money.  I detest the fact, that the amount of money you give determines the amount of power you have.  I greatly detest what he does with that power.  Because of how he uses his power, I don't want him at auburn....He has put auburn in a negative light far too many times with his "control", and its simply not worth it..  I know everybody associated with auburn university is not on the up and up....but i expect the BOT  to adhere to some professionalism, and ETHICS...and lowder has no ethics...he does what he wants when he wants.... I for one, can't wait for the day he is no longer on the BOT....

211463[/snapback]

I really, really wish you and others of like mind would call the man, schedule some time with him, be blunt with him about your opinions, and then come back and tell us what you think. At least have a factual basis for your opinion.

211475[/snapback]

PT, I'd love to meet lowder..but i don't have enough money for him to take his time with me....i don't have anything he wants....so it would never happen. My basis for my opinion is the forcing out and downright firing of coaches because he wanted them gone..my basis is a plane ride to Louisville to offer a job to someone at auburn university that wasn't even available.. Correct me if i'm wrong.but isn't everybody else that was on that plane gone from auburn except the BOT members??? Why is that??

211477[/snapback]

I'm not trying to be ugly so please understand that. But all you know is that Lowder's plane was used to go to Louisville. You don't know for a fact that Lowder was involved at all. His plane is used all the time for various trips that he isn't involved with. I agree with you on the BOTS who were on the plane....McWhorter and Byron Franklin. I agree they should have resigned. It amazes me why people come down on Lowder so bad over this but seem to have forgotten that Franklin,

a former player, was directly involved.That, to me, is inexcuseable.

Look, I am not paid to support Lowder and in fct do not even know him all that well. As I have said here many times before, it just galls me to hear Auburn people be so critical of an Auburn man with offering any facts whatsoever. People have formed their opinion of him based largely on what the have read or heard. Go back and read this thread and see how much evidence people give to support their harsh opinions.

I appreciate every $ that lowder has given to Auburn University, but I detest the price for that money.  I detest the fact, that the amount of money you give determines the amount of power you have.  I greatly detest what he does with that power.  Because of how he uses his power, I don't want him at auburn....He has put auburn in a negative light far too many times with his "control", and its simply not worth it..  I know everybody associated with auburn university is not on the up and up....but i expect the BOT  to adhere to some professionalism, and ETHICS...and lowder has no ethics...he does what he wants when he wants.... I for one, can't wait for the day he is no longer on the BOT....

211463[/snapback]

I really, really wish you and others of like mind would call the man, schedule some time with him, be blunt with him about your opinions, and then come back and tell us what you think. At least have a factual basis for your opinion.

211475[/snapback]

PT, I'd love to meet lowder..but i don't have enough money for him to take his time with me....i don't have anything he wants....so it would never happen. My basis for my opinion is the forcing out and downright firing of coaches because he wanted them gone..my basis is a plane ride to Louisville to offer a job to someone at auburn university that wasn't even available.. Correct me if i'm wrong.but isn't everybody else that was on that plane gone from auburn except the BOT members??? Why is that??

211477[/snapback]

I'm not trying to be ugly so please understand that. But all you know is that Lowder's plane was used to go to Louisville. You don't know for a fact that Lowder was involved at all. His plane is used all the time for various trips tha the isn't involved with. I agree with you on the BOTS who were on the plane....McWhorter and Byron Franklin. I agree they should have resigned. It amazes me why people come down on Lowder so bad over this but seem to have forgotten that Franklin,

a former player, was directly involved.That, to me, is inexcuseable.

211579[/snapback]

And I thought the Bammer Kool-aid was of the highest strength. Don't bother passin' it around PT, I'd like to keep at least one foot on Earth.

Well for me, the last straw for Mr. Lowder has to do with SACS.   It is one thing if the media chooses to portray you in a bad light.  That happens all the time to good people with the best intentions.  However, when the accreditation board specifically calls Lowder out for micromanaging the University and being a BOT member with a financial interest in the University (which is also prohibitted), then regardless of how much good he has done for the university, this simply cannot be tolerated.  There is nothing more embarassing for a major university than to have its accreditation question.  In doing this, Mr. Lowder put thousands of people's livelyhood in danger, and also gave a nasty black eye to the institution that we all love.  This, in my eyes, is inexcusable.  Even if, in some strange parallel universe, the man was completely innocent he should have still seen the severity of the situation and out of love for auburn and proper human decency stepped down.  And another thing that bugs the $h!t out of me about the board of trustees in general is that I will graduate from this school without ever seeing a University President in office that rightfully belonged there.  Muse (who I am in no way trying to heroify) challenged the BOT and was run off, since then there has not been a president that was actually voted into office by the students, alumni, governor and BOT, the way it should be done.  Walker and Richardson were both "interim" presidents appointed by the BOT to serve for a short period of time while the BOT "interviewed" candidates for the job.  However the BOT interviewed just a small number of applicants and decided that there was no one on earth suited for the job, so the man that they picked must stay in office.  Stalin would be proud.   In saying all this, I am sure Lowder is a fine upstanding citizen who gives generously to cancer reaseach and orphanages, and adopts little somalian kids that are starving, but HE IS NO GOOD FOR AUBURN.  I'd just as soon see him do cartwheels across I-85 than stay in office.  :angry:

211560[/snapback]

SACS is a joke. Yes they made some accusations about Lowder but none of them were proven to be a problem. Otherwise why didn't they do something beyond probation? SACS put us on probation while the "investigation" was going on. But no one close to the situation was ever worried about losing accreditation. Why? because if you do a little homework you will find it a fact that SACS has NEVER discredited any major college/university. ABET accreditation is much more important than SACS. And while SACS was playing like they were important, we again got fully accredited by ABET for another five year period.

If SACS has caused us some accreditation problems, there would have been some bad consequences. But as I say they never have to a major school.

Well for me, the last straw for Mr. Lowder has to do with SACS.  It is one thing if the media chooses to portray you in a bad light.  That happens all the time to good people with the best intentions.  However, when the accreditation board specifically calls Lowder out for micromanaging the University and being a BOT member with a financial interest in the University (which is also prohibitted), then regardless of how much good he has done for the university, this simply cannot be tolerated.  There is nothing more embarassing for a major university than to have its accreditation question.  In doing this, Mr. Lowder put thousands of people's livelyhood in danger, and also gave a nasty black eye to the institution that we all love.  This, in my eyes, is inexcusable.  Even if, in some strange parallel universe, the man was completely innocent he should have still seen the severity of the situation and out of love for auburn and proper human decency stepped down.  And another thing that bugs the $h!t out of me about the board of trustees in general is that I will graduate from this school without ever seeing a University President in office that rightfully belonged there.  Muse (who I am in no way trying to heroify) challenged the BOT and was run off, since then there has not been a president that was actually voted into office by the students, alumni, governor and BOT, the way it should be done.  Walker and Richardson were both "interim" presidents appointed by the BOT to serve for a short period of time while the BOT "interviewed" candidates for the job.  However the BOT interviewed just a small number of applicants and decided that there was no one on earth suited for the job, so the man that they picked must stay in office.  Stalin would be proud.  In saying all this, I am sure Lowder is a fine upstanding citizen who gives generously to cancer reaseach and orphanages, and adopts little somalian kids that are starving, but HE IS NO GOOD FOR AUBURN.  I'd just as soon see him do cartwheels across I-85 than stay in office.  :angry:

211560[/snapback]

SACS is a joke. Yes they made some accusations about Lowder but none of them were proven to be a problem. Otherwise why didn't they do something beyond probation? SACS put us on probation while the "investigation" was going on. But no one close to the situation was ever worried about losing accreditation. Why? because if you do a little homework you will find it a fact that SACS has NEVER discredited any major college/university. ABET accreditation is much more important than SACS. And while SACS was playing like they were important, we again got fully accredited by ABET for another five year period.

If SACS has caused us some accreditation problems, there would have been some bad consequences. But as I say they never have to a major school.

211581[/snapback]

Regardless of whether SACS is a "joke" or not, and whether or not they were serious about revoking our accreditation, the fact of the matter remains that Auburn's accreditation was in question and the blame for that embarrassment lies right at the feet of Mr. Lowder. On top of this, PT, how can you excuse Mr. Lowder and the BOT's handpicking of our last two presidents, and pigeonholing the actual voting process? Just adding fuel to the fire, the first president Mr. Lowder and company handpicked turned out to be a real winner didn't he? The embarassment that was William Walker's Univ. presidency is just another way that Mr. Lowder's triffling has brought shame to Auburn. Outside of the almighty dollar, there is no way you can tell me Mr. Lowder is good for Auburn. It is debateable whether or not SACS is a joke, it is quite obvious, however, that Mr. Lowder is.

Well for me, the last straw for Mr. Lowder has to do with SACS.   It is one thing if the media chooses to portray you in a bad light.  That happens all the time to good people with the best intentions.  However, when the accreditation board specifically calls Lowder out for micromanaging the University and being a BOT member with a financial interest in the University (which is also prohibitted), then regardless of how much good he has done for the university, this simply cannot be tolerated.  There is nothing more embarassing for a major university than to have its accreditation question.  In doing this, Mr. Lowder put thousands of people's livelyhood in danger, and also gave a nasty black eye to the institution that we all love.  This, in my eyes, is inexcusable.  Even if, in some strange parallel universe, the man was completely innocent he should have still seen the severity of the situation and out of love for auburn and proper human decency stepped down.  And another thing that bugs the $h!t out of me about the board of trustees in general is that I will graduate from this school without ever seeing a University President in office that rightfully belonged there.  Muse (who I am in no way trying to heroify) challenged the BOT and was run off, since then there has not been a president that was actually voted into office by the students, alumni, governor and BOT, the way it should be done.  Walker and Richardson were both "interim" presidents appointed by the BOT to serve for a short period of time while the BOT "interviewed" candidates for the job.  However the BOT interviewed just a small number of applicants and decided that there was no one on earth suited for the job, so the man that they picked must stay in office.  Stalin would be proud.   In saying all this, I am sure Lowder is a fine upstanding citizen who gives generously to cancer reaseach and orphanages, and adopts little somalian kids that are starving, but HE IS NO GOOD FOR AUBURN.  I'd just as soon see him do cartwheels across I-85 than stay in office.  :angry:

211560[/snapback]

211581[/snapback]

Regardless of whether SACS is a "joke" or not, and whether or not they were serious about revoking our accreditation, the fact of the matter remains that Auburn's accreditation was in question and the blame for that embarrassment lies right at the feet of Mr. Lowder. On top of this, PT, how can you excuse Mr. Lowder and the BOT's handpicking of our last two presidents, and pigeonholing the actual voting process? Just adding fuel to the fire, the first president Mr. Lowder and company handpicked turned out to be a real winner didn't he? The embarassment that was William Walker's Univ. presidency is just another way that Mr. Lowder's triffling has brought shame to Auburn. Outside of the almighty dollar, there is no way you can tell me Mr. Lowder is good for Auburn. It is debateable whether or not SACS is a joke, it is quite obvious, however, that Mr. Lowder is.

211598[/snapback]

By last two I assume you mean Muse and Walker. I agree both were disasters. I don't agree at all that they were hand picked by Lowder. In fact Lowder and Muse didn't get along. It's kind of funny because there are other people here who liked Muse and in earlier threads balsted Lowder for running him off. Go figure!

I know Bill Walker well and always thought fairly well of him as Dean of Engineering. But he wheeled and dealed and made his way to the presidency where he was over his head. That was proven by Petrinogate. All I ask is that in these type threads that people say it is their opinions about things or support statements by facts.

IMHO, the mods shoule move this thread to another more appropriate forum since it has little to do with football :D

All I ask is that in these type threads that people say it is their opinions about things or support statements by facts.

IMHO, the mods shoule move this thred to another more appropriate forum since it has little to do with football :D

211603[/snapback]

Now PT, you know that would be too much to ask. :rolleyes::P

Good idea on the move. :)

By last two I assume you mean Muse and Walker.

211603[/snapback]

I think he meant Walker and Richardson.

It seemed Walker felt "pantsed" at that Tech game in Atlanta. (I know I certainly did - at that time I was the lone Auburn guy in an engineering office half-full of degrees from the North Ave Trade School). Perhaps it was Walker's engineering background and the crap he no doubt took from his GT counterparts that day - one solace about their better reputation in engineering academia was that we owned them on the gridiron, and then we go and lay that egg! I think Dr. Walker begrudged Tubs for that game, no doubt.

true

211617[/snapback]

That being the case, it is my opinion that you have to give

Gov. Riley full credit(or blame) for Richardson. In fact, Riley indicated he wanted someone like Richardson to serve in an acting capacity and not be intimidated by the BOTs. Yet many have criticized him and nicknamed him "hacksaw" because he has often made moves and made decisions without inputs from others. Can't have it both way folks.

But one thing for sure, God forbid the day when students decide by vote who should be president (not directed at you or any particular student but the student body as a whole). Heck, the SGA can't even decide what to call a Christmas tree with stirring up a controversy and..........giving Auburn bad press in the

media :poke:

It amazes me at the number of AU people would respond to question such as this and then put down one of our on in public with little more to base it on than newspaper articles. Do these comments help AU in any way or are they potentially detrimental. We are acting like piranha attacking our own. Louder has brought much good to AU and I hope he will continue to do so.

211463[/snapback]

211475[/snapback]

Well PT - It's time to put up or shut up. You arrange a deposition w/ THE MAN to be asked unrestricted questions by the attys on this board. In addition, THE MAN will be strapped to a lie dectector. We'll find the facts about this fine man and post them here on the board. How can such a fine man fail to accept this offer to completely clear his name? I'll put my time in pro bono.

211523[/snapback]

OK Legal, I'll bite. Here's the deal. I will make every effort to set up such a meeting with you and two other attorneys here on the board. We will also have representatives form the state's three major newspapers who will nominate the person to give the lie detector test. You and Mr. Lowder will agree on one of those nominated. In opening the meeting you, giving your real identity, will state to Lowder that you question his character and integrity in matters concerning his serving on the BOT and decisions he has made concerning the best interests of Auburn. You will state your specific charges and he will answer questions related to those charges. If he passes the lie detector test you will give him $100,000 pending further lawsuit awards in a defamation of character lawsuit. You will agree

all posts by you on this board concerning Lowder will be available in any court hearing. If I arrange the meeting and you subsequently back out, you will pay me $10,000 for my time.

Do we have a deal?

211463[/snapback]

211475[/snapback]

Well PT - It's time to put up or shut up. You arrange a deposition w/ THE MAN to be asked unrestricted questions by the attys on this board. In addition, THE MAN will be strapped to a lie dectector. We'll find the facts about this fine man and post them here on the board. How can such a fine man fail to accept this offer to completely clear his name? I'll put my time in pro bono.

211523[/snapback]

OK Legal, I'll bite. Here's the deal. I will make every effort to set up such a meeting with you and two other attorneys here on the board. We will also have representatives form the state's three major newspapers who will nominate the person to give the lie detector test. You and Mr. lowder will agree on one of those nominated.I n opening the meeting you, giving your real identity, will state to Lowder that you question his character and integrity in matters concerning his serving on the BOT and decisions he has made concerning the best interests of Auburn. You will state your specific charges and he will answer questions related to those charges. If he passes the lie detector test you will give him $100,000 pending further lawsuit awards in a defamation of character lawsuit. IF I arrange the meeting and you subsequently back out, you will pay me $10,000 for my time.

Do we have a deal?

211630[/snapback]

You know, I hate to call someone an IDIOT, so I won't. You though, are more full of crap than a Christmas Turkey. If you knew anything about law, defamation expecially, you should know that opinions are not actionable. I'd be a fool, not to question his effect on the character, integrity and good will of Auburn University.

Don't think my questions would be so limited PT. I want to know about his fine moral fiber as well. Did you know that certain people can pass lie dectector tests without telling the truth?

I'll put him in a chair, tell him I think he's a horse's ass and put the questions to him if that's what you want. I wouldn't spend on dime on you or him. If some of the others here want to gather up you pittiful blood money, I'll do the work.

:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::thumbsup:

211463[/snapback]

211475[/snapback]

211523[/snapback]

OK Legal, I'll bite. Here's the deal. I will make every effort to set up such a meeting with you and two other attorneys here on the board. We will also have representatives form the state's three major newspapers who will nominate the person to give the lie detector test. You and Mr. lowder will agree on one of those nominated.I n opening the meeting you, giving your real identity, will state to Lowder that you question his character and integrity in matters concerning his serving on the BOT and decisions he has made concerning the best interests of Auburn. You will state your specific charges and he will answer questions related to those charges. If he passes the lie detector test you will give him $100,000 pending further lawsuit awards in a defamation of character lawsuit. IF I arrange the meeting and you subsequently back out, you will pay me $10,000 for my time.

Do we have a deal?

211630[/snapback]

You know, I hate to call someone an IDIOT, so I won't. You though, are more full of crap than a Christmas Turkey. If you knew anything about law, defamation expecially, you should know that opinions are not actionable. I'd be a fool, not to question his effect on the character, integrity and good will of Auburn University.

Don't think my questions would be so limited PT. I want to know about his fine moral fiber as well. Did you know that certain people can pass lie dectector tests without telling the truth?

I'll put him in a chair, tell him I think he's a horse's ass and put the questions to him if that's what you want. I wouldn't spend on dime on you or him. If some of the others here want to gather up you pittiful blood money, I'll do the work.

:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::thumbsup:

211633[/snapback]

Oh I know opinions are not actionable. That's why I stipulated that you state your charges (accusations) and not opinions in an open meeting with the press in attendance.

It was you who told me to put up or shut up. (I don't moon Auburn people even when we have different opinions).

This whole thead has become ridiculous so I'm out of it. You can have the last word.

Yeah, you just don't want to know the truth. That is obvious. Kiss ol' Bobby's behind all you want.

BTW. I do wish for you to understand that I do enjoy you and look forward to meeting you someday. We are in total disagreement about Big Pappa Lowder, but I do know that we both love AU.

:hug:

LegalEagle,

If you have evidence why don’t you make it public? I don’t know Lowder and probably never will. But I have never, I repeat, never, heard or seen anyone give any evidence of him doing anything detrimental to Auburn University. I do remember Larry Flint having a problem with Lowder & the BOT. But Flint seemed to have problems with a lot of folks in positions above him didn’t he?

I don't have an agenda other than the truth and the betterment of Auburn University. So don’t take that like I am taking up for Mr. Lowder, just looking for something more substantive than “he is bad” or “he has a big ego”.

I do remember Larry Flint having a problem with Lowder & the BOT.  But Flint seemed to have problems with a lot of folks in positions above him didn’t he?

211643[/snapback]

I seriously doubt Larry Flint (publisher of Penthouse) would have a problem with folks in any position - except for the whole wheelchair-bound thing, of course....

Perhaps you meant Wayne Flint?

LegalEagle,

If you have evidence why don’t you make it public?  I don’t know Lowder and probably never will.  But I have never, I repeat, never, heard or seen anyone give any evidence of him doing anything detrimental to Auburn University.  I do remember Larry Flint having a problem with Lowder & the BOT.   But Flint seemed to have problems with a lot of folks in positions above him didn’t he?  

I don't have an agenda other than the truth and the betterment of Auburn University.  So don’t take that like I am taking up for Mr. Lowder, just looking for something more substantive than “he is bad” or “he has a big ego”.

211643[/snapback]

You do a great job of saying it. Wish i could be so succint.

And freebody is right, it is Wayne Fyntt but he and Larry would make a great pair. :big:

true

211617[/snapback]

That being the case, it is my opinion that you have to give

Gov. Riley full credit(or blame) for Richardson. In fact, Riley indicated he wanted someone like Richardson to serve in an acting capacity and not be intimidated by the BOTs. Yet many have criticized him and nicknamed him "hacksaw" because he has often made moves and made decisions without inputs from others. Can't have it both way folks.

But one thing for sure, God forbid the day when students decide by vote who should be president (not directed at you or any particular student but the student body as a whole). Heck, the SGA can't even decide what to call a Christmas tree with stirring up a controversy and..........giving Auburn bad press in the

media :poke:

211619[/snapback]

I know that Governor Riley had a big part in choosing Ed Richardson, but the BOT didn't really pitch a fit about it either. What really bothers me is how the BOT has not been doing its job and actively seeking out someone to fill the vacancy. They did the same thing with WW Walker. And your comment about "God forbid the day when the students decide the who should be president.", falls under the catergory of misguided remark of the century. By rule, as I understand it, the University President is supposed to be voted on by 4 blocks with equal weight to each, one block going to the students, one to the alumni, one to the BOT, and one to the Governor. My country trusts the auburn student body to vote for congressmen and presidents of the country, why does it seem so wrong for the universtiy to trust us with election of its president. I'm only 40 grand in debt because of this place, God forbid I get a very miniscule say in who runs the show. Unfortunately, I don't get that say. It is reserved soley for Mr. Lowder and the BOT, due to their constant loopholing. This is one of the issues that SACS had with Auburn concerning "micromanagement". Like I said, I am sure if I met Mr. Lowder I would think him a saint, but it appears to me that he treats Auburn like a whore, just gives her money and has his way with her.

I do remember Larry Flint having a problem with Lowder & the BOT.   But Flint seemed to have problems with a lot of folks in positions above him didn’t he?

211643[/snapback]

I seriously doubt Larry Flint (publisher of Penthouse) would have a problem with folks in any position - except for the whole wheelchair-bound thing, of course....

Perhaps you meant Wayne Flint?

211663[/snapback]

That was an attempt at sarcasm, I must have failed. :(

I have documented my "concerns" over the years in this forum. I too would love to know the truth. One of the members of this board is willing to set up a meeting to determine the truth for $10,000 to line his pocket. Hell, I'd be willing to learn a lie or even a rumor for $10k!

Oops, in addition it will only cost $100k to question the little man, and then only after you talk dirty to him. Well, is that a guy who is coming forward to get the truth out?

Why would a completely innocent man, who loves OUR university pass on the opportunity to clear up the matters of Petriongate, BusterBrown, SACS, undue influence, serving on a board after his term had run, etc. ? Hell, I'd jump at the opportunity if I were in his position. If he did that and showed himself to be nothing other than a generous benefactor of AU, hell, I'd get right down there with some of the others on this board, knock them out of the way and kiss his butt!

Basically this topic is all jabber, because we won't be able to know the truth about what exactly happened. But we all know that he has tarnished AU in the public eye and according to our poll is not thought well of by those who love AU.

The answer is clear - its been said before and repeated in this thread. If he really loves AU more than his ego, he should resign from the board and continue giving.

DOn't know the man or all the true facts of the matter...ppl speculate alot....but in my opinion he's done more good than harm...

As diplomatically as I can say this on the Internet....

1) I do not support his interference with AU Athletics. I think we will have a pall over us for however long he is on the BOT.

2) Overall, he has been a huge plus to the school.

I know, some will ask what I am smoking. I am totally SANE here though. I do not like what he has done to our image in the public eye. We will forever be remembered for the plane ride. Can any coach ever be totally supported by Lowder and the BOT? Probably not...

All that aside, I think I am one of the loudest, if not THE loudest, on the net objecting to Lowder basically naming JJ as AD. He, however, has turned out to be a very good AD though. I am shocked at how well he is doing just this so far. The Under Armor deal may turn out to be one of the best things ever to happen to us for national exposure. I think he may become the best in the SEC soon. Next time I see the man face to face I will apologize and tell him I am sorry for doubting him.

We are looking for a new President. Before it is over, Lowder will name him too. He hired CPD, CTT, and CTB. Three of the best coaches in :au: history. He will likely hire the next one too. He lays out the cash that allows us to hire the big dogs.

Lowder, Ego and all, has stepped up to the plate and donated the BIG bucks to the school. I cant resent the guy for that. If I had the cash I would be right there with him myself. I, and many here do not have that cash though. Lowder has been successful enough to be able to give that kind of cash to :au: and I cant complain. If you want to complain about it than get ready to organize and give to make up the difference yourselves.

Let me recommend that you start here.

Then spend some cash here too.

If you are not putting up the jack, then you are not really addressing the problem. The facilities and buildings we enjoy today are in large part due to BL's support years ago. So, if you are criticizing Lowder for the interference than you need to do the links and step up to the plate.

Legal Eagle.....since you won't leave this alone I will make a couple of comments:

1. If Lowder or any public official responded to every thing he is accused of, he would be doing it full time. I really don't know lowder so it's nothing personal with me. But in talking to him one time I asked him the same thing....why he didn't respond to or even sue some of his detractors. He said that would be a waste of time because there will always be critics of public figures.

2. You continue to take shots at me as well because I differ with you. You say put up or shut up then whine and call me an idiot when I call your bluff. Like you don't know Lowder, I don't know you. But you indicate that the 17 or so people who voted "for" Lowder in the poll don't love Auburn. I consider that an affront to my loyalty to Auburn. You tarnish my reputation in public and I would like for you to resign from this board based on the same logic that you call for Lowder's resignation from the BOT. That must hurt to find yourself in the same boat as Lowder.

Archived