Lowder Poll

Boonan

Do you like and/or support Lowder?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like and/or support Lowder?

• Yes
    • No

As diplomatically as I can say this on the Internet....

1) I do not support his interference with AU Athletics. I think we will have a pall over us for however long he is on the BOT.

2) Overall, he has been a huge plus to the school.

I know, some will ask what I am smoking. I am totally SANE here though. I do not like what he has done to our image in the public eye. We will forever be remembered for the plane ride. Can any coach ever be totally supported by Lowder and the BOT? Probably not...

All that aside, I think I am one of the loudest, if not THE loudest, on the net objecting to Lowder basically naming JJ as AD. He, however, has turned out to be a very good AD though. I am shocked at how well he is doing just this so far. The Under Armor deal may turn out to be one of the best things ever to happen to us for national exposure. I think he may become the best in the SEC soon. Next time I see the man face to face I will apologize and tell him I am sorry for doubting him.

We are looking for a new President. Before it is over, Lowder will name him too. He hired CPD, CTT, and CTB. Three of the best coaches in :au: history. He will likely hire the next one too. He lays out the cash that allows us to hire the big dogs.

Lowder, Ego and all, has stepped up to the plate and donated the BIG bucks to the school. I cant resent the guy for that. If I had the cash I would be right there with him myself. I, and many here do not have that cash though. Lowder has been successful enough to be able to give that kind of cash to :au: and I cant complain. If you want to complain about it than get ready to organize and give to make up the difference yourselves.

Let me recommend that you start here.

Then spend some cash here too.

If you are not putting up the jack, then you are not really addressing the problem. The facilities and buildings we enjoy today are in large part due to BL's support years ago. So, if you are criticizing Lowder for the interference than you need to do the links and step up to the plate.

211767[/snapback]

Amen and Amen. :au:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post David. It's refreshing to see someone offer positive suggestions to support theior opinion without bashing other people.

I hate it when I let myself get into endless diatribe like this thread. I think I need to step away from the plate for awhile and give myself an attitude talk. I'll be back when I have succeeded. :(

Guest Tigrinum Major

David made some excellent points, folks. Much of what we hear from the media is rumor and innuendo anyway. And much of that is because Lowder does not make himself accessible to the media.

I did not vote in the poll. I neither love nor hate Lowder. He has been a driving force in what has been a great era in Auburn athletics (basketball notwithstanding) and Auburn academics (exclusive of the SACS situation.)

Is he perfect? No, but no man is. There has only been one that has walked the Earth and I don't think He was concerned with the results of the Iron Bowl nor academic accreditation.

As diplomatically as I can say this on the Internet....

1) I do not support his interference with AU Athletics. I think we will have a pall over us for however long he is on the BOT.

2) Overall, he has been a huge plus to the school.

I know, some will ask what I am smoking. I am totally SANE here though. I do not like what he has done to our image in the public eye. We will forever be remembered for the plane ride. Can any coach ever be totally supported by Lowder and the BOT? Probably not...

All that aside, I think I am one of the loudest, if not THE loudest, on the net objecting to Lowder basically naming JJ as AD. He, however, has turned out to be a very good AD though. I am shocked at how well he is doing just this so far. The Under Armor deal may turn out to be one of the best things ever to happen to us for national exposure. I think he may become the best in the SEC soon. Next time I see the man face to face I will apologize and tell him I am sorry for doubting him.

We are looking for a new President. Before it is over, Lowder will name him too. He hired CPD, CTT, and CTB. Three of the best coaches in :au: history. He will likely hire the next one too. He lays out the cash that allows us to hire the big dogs.

Lowder, Ego and all, has stepped up to the plate and donated the BIG bucks to the school. I cant resent the guy for that. If I had the cash I would be right there with him myself. I, and many here do not have that cash though. Lowder has been successful enough to be able to give that kind of cash to :au: and I cant complain. If you want to complain about it than get ready to organize and give to make up the difference yourselves.

Let me recommend that you start here.

Then spend some cash here too.

If you are not putting up the jack, then you are not really addressing the problem. The facilities and buildings we enjoy today are in large part due to BL's support years ago. So, if you are criticizing Lowder for the interference than you need to do the links and step up to the plate.

211767[/snapback]

If the only cookie jar the man had his hand in was athletics, it wouldn't bother me at all. Unfortunately he has a hand in a lot more. He is an embarassment to Auburn. Just because you have money to throw around doesn't make you less of an ass. Everyone that praises him praises him for one reason, reason and one reason only "he gives a lot of $$$$ to the University". BFD. I'd rather take classes in a barn and play football in a cow pasture than accept money from someone who puts his own interests above Auburn's. BOBBY LOWDER IS NOT, AND NEVER WILL BE AN AUBURN MAN, BOBBY LOWDER IS A BOBBY LOWDER MAN AND THAT"S IT. He just can't live up to the creed. Ok, I over it now. I'lll just take solace in the fact that I could beat him in a foot race.

:angry:

PT,

You know, if you want me off this board - start a poll and if the majority want me off . . . off I'll go. You can pass the Kool-aid all around and all will be blissful.

Guest Tigrinum Major
PT,

You know, if you want me off this board - start a poll and if the majority want me off . . . off I'll go.  You can pass the Kool-aid all around and all will be blissful.

211817[/snapback]

I will vote in that poll. FWIW, the starting price is $20 for a vote in your favor.

Seriously, I for one don't want you gone, LE. I don't always agree with you, but rarely do I agree with 100% of what anyone says. You have some strong opinions that are not neccessarily right or wrong, but I appluad you for standing by them.

I agree with PT on this issue, just not as vehemently as he does. There are a lot of things bandied about that may or may not be true. If Lowder had to defend everything, he would never get anything done.

I dislike all the negative press, but I don't put much stock in it either. Call me a money grabbing Kool-aid drinker, but that is my opinion.

Here's my take on the matter. And I have to be blount!

Mr. Lowder has done things that would be considered heracy in other venues. While his money has been welcomed, his antics and behind the back politics have not! A man who TRUELY loves his alma mater, his family, ect. ect., should do it in a way that has no ramifications. And this, Mr. Lowder, is your downfall.

I met the man for the very first time before the South Carolina game this season in the quad. He and his wife were making their way to the cozy venue up top in the box level. During our 5 minute conversation I never felt like he was genuine. In fact, I felt like he was looking past, above, or in his mind, down at me. He did'nt know me from adam in regards to who/what/where and how much I was worth or how important (or un-important) I may have been to Auburn. His wife seemed a bit more on the "nice side", as would be said by most. In my mind, he's a self serving, behind the scenes homer who could care less about what the majority feels is best for the Auburn Family. And he has given us many, many reasons to ache at his bequest.

:thumbsdown:

:homer: Or not, if you got kids at Auburn, they are in better buildings and classrooms due in some part to him.

Dont get me wrong. I still do not truly care about the way he goes about it. but he gets things done.

Jack Welch, ruffled a ton of feathers, but I bought the guys stock while he was at GE because he was a winner. Many benefitted because of him tho.

Dye was not that lovable either at times, but he won. We benefitted because of him tho.

Lowder is very frankly not lovable at all, but we all benefit because of him tho for better or worse.

Well, is that a guy who is coming forward to get the truth out?

Why would a completely innocent man, who loves OUR university pass on the opportunity to clear up the matters of Petriongate, BusterBrown, SACS, undue influence, serving on a board after his term had run, etc. ?  Hell, I'd jump at the opportunity if I were in his position.  If he did that and showed himself to be nothing other than a generous benefactor of AU, hell, I'd get right down there with some of the others on this board, knock them out of the way and kiss his butt!

211722[/snapback]

"If I were to try to read, much less answer all the attacks on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business.

I do the best I know how -- the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what is said about me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten thousand angels swearing I was right would make no difference."

-- Abraham Lincoln

I believe Bobby Lowder could well use the above quote concerning why he doesn't respond to all the ridiculous attacks made against him ... bottom line is because he is too intelligent.

I do not know Bobby Louder and have never met him, but I would defend his reputation against all the unfounded crap that has been hurled against. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the attack Bobby Lowder began with those with Tuscaloosa connections and sit back and watch how some of us with nothing better to do than attack a man who has done so much for Auburn.

For those of you who aren't grown up I can understand. For those of you who are grown up, try hard to act like it.

Some appear to attack because they don't care for his personality ... they don't feel like he's Mr. Congeniality. Others attack because of articles they've read or things people have said ... basically nothing is substantiated. The fact is Lowder's an Auburn man who dearly loves our school and contributes greatly of his time and money and as such he deserves much more respect than what some of you are giving him on this thread.

Think about it.

Lowder is very frankly not lovable at all, but we all benefit because of him tho for better or worse.

wha?? :huh:

211945[/snapback]

Hey go look at the new business building, or the new athlete's study building or whatever...

Lowder put up the cash for them. I was leaving it up to you whether we benefitted from them. (Poorly worded I admit.) I think we have.

211945[/snapback]

Hey go look at the new business building, or the new athlete's study building or whatever...

Lowder put up the cash for them. I was leaving it up to you whether we benefitted from them. (Poorly worded I admit.) I think we have.

211992[/snapback]

I was just :poke: I am Philosohpy major. We get reemed for saying stuff like that in class.

Archived