Shaeffer and Eason to Ole Miss

DKW 86

Eason was an alternate rb that we were looking at. Ours are already on campus so....

He was top rb in MS. 4*, They got a very good one and for my money is likely to start in the fall.

Schaeffer gives them instant cred at qb.

According to Scout, Ole Miss is having a better year than us or bama. :blink: They signed 30 players so far, dont know specifics of how that will work out but they are in good standing. Most of the signees are very good 3 stars. few 4 and maybe no 5 stars.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

http://mississippi.scout.com/

Ogre is like Shula, very questionable in the developing players part of coaching. I still think he is a hack of a coach and his track record with OC's isn't good if he hired Mazzone.

If you look at the Rivals team rankings,

Ole Miss has 29 commitments and a total of 1,728 points.

Auburn has 19 commitments and 1,725 points.

Alabama has 19 commitments and 1.773 points.

Obviously both the AU & UA point total will move upward if and when they get commitments from some of the higher rated kids.

It is also obvious that Ole Miss will not get all 29 of those commitments into school. Who knows if it will be the higher rated kids or the lower rated kids?

Ole Miss has 24 commitments that will count toward the 2006 totals and it looks like 5 that will count toward the 2005 totals.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

AU still has Whitehead, Hawthorne, Patterson, Deas and Miller still out there waiting to commit. All are highly rated players.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&c=4&yr=2006

The Scout team rankings

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

After all is said and done, the big O has to prove he can coach and get the commitments in school and keep them in school. So far he has shown himself lacking in those areas.

Ed O just signed a VERY good OC.

The reason the OC was fired from Miami wasn't because he sucked but because Coker kept taking over the OC position and kept impeding him.

I think OM may be decent next year

O is an idiot. ever notice pete carroll dropped his name for every single head coaching job in the nation. he might as well have walked around with a billboard that said "please take him away." you ever see him try to pimp out norm chow? didn't think so.

that dude is BY FAR the worst coach in the conference. i'd rather have brooks from kentucky than O. i don't care who the kids are. he's got no discipline, the players end up hating him by the end of the year, and he can't coach.

i'll be shocked if they win more than 4 or 5 games in the 12 game schedule. O could coach the 1st team all-sec team to a losing season.

Sorry dude, but O won't earn my respect until he shows me he can coach. A politician can get kids to commit, but it takes a real coach to win football games.

kj

Okay, let me splain myself.

It is obvious to even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder that Orgeron is not a great coach. He is likely the worst HC in the SEC. I was the one posting on here as to how bad he was losing kids HE RECRUITED.

What he did this off season is to recruit a very good class for :om: One like they havent seen since CTT was there. He did this with a ton of bad press, etc.

Say what you want to but he is doing all he can to turn that doormat program around. He is doing it while fighting the Rebel Flag, the Colonel, and 150 years of entrenched racism, and a fan base as inbred as they come. He is doing ALL HE CAN AT THE MOMENT.

Do I think he will win an SEC Title? No

Do I think he will win an SEC West Title? No

But I will give props to him for working his butt off and doing all he can fighting against all the things that even CTT could not overcome after a point.

Am I afraid of Shrek as a head coach ? No way! As bad as the talent is at :om: , he still had better talent than :msu: ands still lost to them badly.

But he is getting :om: 's talent at least back to marginal. He has hired a fair staff now. Mazzone is finally gone. :om: could be better than 6-6 in an year or two. Face it, when has :om: ever consistently won with any coach?

tubby and cutcliffe won fairly consistently (i think it was something like 6 straight years going to a bowl). cut has one bad season and they boot him for the clown prince of the sec. O is an idiot, and i don't give him props.

as long as he is there, ole miss will not beat msu. just like sheila and auburn.

O is an idiot. ever notice pete carroll dropped his name for every single head coaching job in the nation. he might as well have walked around with a billboard that said "please take him away." you ever see him try to pimp out norm chow? didn't think so.

213231[/snapback]

I'm not impressed with the guy, but if Carroll had really wanted to get rid of him, that ain't hard to do. I don't think head coaches sit around going, "Man this guys sucks! I wish some sucker would take him of my hands. Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with him."

Where did Carroll drop O's name off anywhere? I don't remember him doing that at all to be honest.

As for Chow, yes...I heard and read that Carroll/Chow were not friends and Carroll was tired of Chow getting all the credit so I bet Carroll was extremely happy to see Chow go and I am sure he helped him get whatever job he wanted (Titans OC)

Hooking them is one thing, reeling 'em in and landing them in the boat is another:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...6000.xml&coll=3

-- DAVIS SWITCHES TO UGA: Tylertown, Miss., offensive tackle Josh Davis, ranked No. 60 on the Super Southeast 120, committed to Georgia Sunday. Davis, a 6-6, 295-pounder widely considered to be the top offensive lineman in Mississippi, had been committed to Ole Miss since the summer.

"I told (Ole Miss assistant) coach (Shawn) Slocum Tuesday morning that I was coming," Davis told Scout.com. "He was not too happy. He and coach (Ark) Kehoe came by my house Tuesday night to see if they could change my mind. But really, Georgia has been on my mind since mid-November. I decided that I wanted to come check them out again.

"I came to Georgia for a weekend during the football season, and I really liked it a lot when I came. I had to come up here and see it again. I just think this is the best place for me. Their academic support group is just heads and shoulders above everybody else's. I know I told Ole Miss that was I coming, and I feel bad about that, but I can not pass up an opportunity to better myself, so I have decided I am going to Georgia."

-- STEPHENS DUMPS REBS: The bleeding in Oxford, Miss., didn't stop with the loss of Davis. Flower Mound, Texas, quarterback Nick Stephens, who has also been committed to Ole Miss since the summer, backed out of that pledge Sunday. He indicated he will commit to Tennessee or Michigan later this week. The Volunteers appear to be the leader for his services.

Although the same article does report one more commit for O:

The news wasn't all bad for Ole Miss Sunday. The Rebels grabbed a verbal commitment from Tampa, Fla., offensive guard Don Mosely. The 6-2, 300-pounder chose the Rebels over West Virginia and South Florida.

And don't forget....Rouse will probably end up there too....so I'm sure you'll see a team that could play the part in Longest Yard III

It is way too early for "The big O" to earn respect from me. Yes, it appears he will sign a very good class for 2006, but all it takes to do that is salesmanship and he appears to have a great deal of that.

He signed a pretty good class last year, BUT many of them are already gone. Signees who don't last a year do the program no good at all.

It appears he got lucky when Coker "cleaned house" at Miami and I'll give him credit for quickly snapping up a couple of coaches from that program.

The real question is, will he allow these coaches to do their job, or will his coaching ideas and deficiencies carry over to drag them down?

He will earn my respect when he gets the OM program back to the state it was the three years before he arrived. I seriously doubt that he will be able to do that; only time will tell.

He will earn my respect when he gets the OM program back to the state it was the three years before he arrived.  I seriously doubt that he will be able to do that; only time will tell.

213766[/snapback]

When's the next Manning man-child supposed to be college age?? :big:

I just feel sorry for all those kids that waste good college careers at Ole Miss...I hope for their sake they walk out of there with at least a degree in hand.

Yeah, with a degree from Ole Miss he will sure know how to shop at the mall for more J Crew sportswear....

Degree, Ole Miss.... :lol:

I just feel sorry for all those kids that waste good college careers at Ole Miss...I hope for their sake they walk out of there with at least a degree in hand.

213881[/snapback]

C'mon...it's either that or go Juco...or to Idaho or some place. B)

:au::homer:

Archived