DE Bryant Miller

DKW 86

He wouldnt be afraid of him.

But if one school has 1 top DE commited, another that you like has 0...where would you go?

213545[/snapback]

Does it really matter? Top recruits hardly EVER worry about that kind of thing. USC still gets two to three 4-5 star WR recruits per year eventhough they already have well established stars. USC a coulpe years ago got committments from three RBs, one 5 star and two 4 stars. Obviously I'm not saying that we're USC, but even if we land Miller Whithead shouldn't be pressed about playing time. Whitehead said that if he committs to Auburn that he'd come in looking for a starting job NEXT YEAR, he truly believes that he can compete with the players already on the team...he wont care about another DE committment thats rated lower than himself. Besides, we lose a couple of DEs next year so its not like theres a logjam waiting to happen.

But if one school has 1 top DE commited, another that you like has 0...where would you go?

213545[/snapback]

If I were in their position and had not grown up dreaming of playing for a particular team, I would look at the best fit for me. Coaches, players, facilities, recent winning on the field, which school I felt the most at home with. Intentionally I left academics last, not because it is last, but because a person can get an education anywhere. Of course if I planned to major in something that one school did not offer, that would obviously affect the decision. One thing is for sure, if I had grown up loving school A and they had not been recruiting me and I subsequently gave a commitment to the coaches at school B. Then school A came and offered late because they had missed on one of their targets, I would say "Sorry, but I have given my word to school B. I grew up loving your school but now my loyalties are with these guys and when we play I will be giving 200% to beat you guys."

But then that is just me. :)

213545[/snapback]

To the one where I can WIN!!! :roflol:

:au::homer:

213545[/snapback]

To the one where I can WIN!!! :roflol:

:au::homer:

213616[/snapback]

Bingo! It did not bother Ben O-Devin A.-Anthony M. at all that they would be in competition for playing time with other "studs" at their position. It worked out well. Auburn is the ONLY School in SEC History to have FOUR 1000 yd. recievers on a team at one time.

Success! :au::cheer:

Coach Tubs has never been caught up on recruiting the "five star" guys. AU's recruiting classes have never been about hanging the class on one big player.

Thats why we are LOADED at nearly every position on the field. Most of our guys came in as two, three, or possibly four star players and made themselves into athletes that any other coach would swap their five star recruits for.

That said, I don't think it will matter one bit how many DEs we sign. As long as they are a team oriented player who will accept coaching, CTT will find a way to get them on the field and have them contribute in a big way.

Mr. Miller said "If Miami offers, I'll sign with them." This bothers me to not only accept, but go after a player with this mentality... is this good for us?

Only if Miami doesn't offer him...

We as fans didn't ask that question when Brandon Cox or Travis Williams signed with Auburn, nor should we with Miller IMO.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Mr. Miller said "If Miami offers, I'll sign with them." This bothers me to not only accept, but go after a player with this mentality... is this good for us?

213701[/snapback]

I say that it is good for us. If Miami does not offer him a scholarship, then we get him more than likely. Will he feel slighted and work harder to prove his critics wrong? I would hope so. And if we ever met Miami in a bowl game, I would hope that he would play like a man possessed to prove Coker wrong.

Would I like every player we sign to have grown up a lifelong Auburn fan? Sure. But that isn't realistic. We recruit players all the time that do not list us as their favorite. To not do so might cost us in the long run.

Sometimes it comes down to numbers. Miami may think they have better players available. Who knows? I trust Coach Tubs and his Staff. They have EARNED it. :au:

Who knows? I trust Coach Tubs and his Staff. They have EARNED it. :au:

213711[/snapback]

Wow! Quote of the Day; Quote of the Recruiting Season!

It's nice to be interested in recruiting, but we should admit we don't know a whole lot and yet it appears that CTT has a proven record of getting the guys we need at AU. So, while you're on the edge of your chair and check the boards every 30 minutes, remember, It'll be okay. Relax, breath deep, exhale.

Archived