New DC named

tgfny

Not trying to rain on your parade.  Everyone knows that Saban ran those defenses when Muschamp was the DC.  He is a good motivator jumping up and down and slapping his players on the helmet.  But, Saban coached our defenses and called the plays.

217730[/snapback]

*snort*

You know nothing about football. If anything, the exact opposite was true. Saban got a lot of credit for work done by Muschamp.

Not trying to rain on your parade.  Everyone knows that Saban ran those defenses when Muschamp was the DC.  He is a good motivator jumping up and down and slapping his players on the helmet.  But, Saban coached our defenses and called the plays.

217730[/snapback]

According to Bill Oliver, this may be a popular view on the Bayou, but it's only about half true...if that.

Ah, yes, here it is........ was waiting for that first Muschamp doesn't know what he is doing post from LSU.

I'm not trying to say your a idiot, but according to Bill Oliver and a article that was posted on here interviewing Muschamp prior to the LSU/OU game, Muschamp was running the defense during the games.

Saban doesn't seem to me the type of coach that would let someone take credit for calling the D if they were not in fact doing that.

here's the rebuttal i have for anyone who says saban was the key to those defenses. that may be true, BUT saban is a great football coach. great. and he's a notorious j-hole to his assistants. SO, he clearly thought very, very, very highly of will muschamp to drag him from the bayou to south beach with him. very highly. so even if he wasn't the mastermind of those defenses, he's clearly a really good coach (or else satan would've dropped him or run him off like he did to so many other assistants), and it never hurts a good coach to be an understudy to a great coach. whether he was the man in the bayou or not, i like what i'm getting.

Think about this...

The Miami article on the subject said that he made the game day calls last year for the dolphins. THat means that he made them for atleast one year for Saban at LSU (Saban wouldn't have turned those duties over at the point).

And this...

People were so impressed by Miami and the job Saban did that many of his coaches were sought for big promotions. Lineman to Rams... And we got the closest thing to a Saban protege out there. And Saban is a Belichik protege and Belichik is a Parcells protege. not everyone likes this family tree, but it is a pretty good one that I am glad to get connected to at AU. (Of course in some ways Parcells might be considered a Ray Perkins protege, :blink: )

And a question...

Saban and Oliver (and Muschamp under them) were big 3-4 guys, not 4-3 guys like CTT. Every year he has been big on bringing in someone that runs a system like the one he believes in. What will do next year. I guess we will really get to see who's defense gets run around here next year. If it is really CTT that is behind the great defenses then we will run a 4-3. If he lets his coodrinators do their thing on defense then we will run a 3-4. Would have loved to see Mcglover coming off the edge as a OLB in a 3-4.

217730[/snapback]

I bet that is why Saban took him to the Dolphins. He didn't want a real coach, just somebody to slap those pros on the side of the helmet. I wonder why he left Jimbo at LSU... :poke:

Nice try...

This is a GREAT hire for AU......and i'm not happy about it!!!! :no::no::D

While Saban did run the defense Muschamp played a huge role!!!! He is a great guy and really fun to watch on the sidelines.....lots of energy and emotion.

Again........GREAT HIRE.........I HATE YOU GUYS!!! :D

Archived