New DC named

tgfny

I'm gonna have to fail something so I have to stay for Fall now :big: Just kidding.

I'm pumped about this hire.

BTW anyone know where you get to listen to these press conferences as they happen?

I am certain this was not a "spur of the moment" thing.

GREAT hire. This may be the missing piece of the puzzle that puts us over the TOP ! ! ! ! :au::cheer:

I honestly don't know, but my guess is that you can hear it on www.auburntigers.com for only the cost of your first born.

217636[/snapback]

Well I have no children atm, but is a college town and I got 17 minutes! lol

This is a sign of a healthy program IMO. When you can move quickly after losing your DC and scoop up your first choice as a replacement, something is going right. I agree with you WT, this may be the piece to the puzzle we have all been waiting for.

War Damn Muschamp!

I'm gonna have to fail something so I have to stay for Fall now  :big: Just kidding.

I'm pumped about this hire.

BTW anyone know where you get to listen to these press conferences as they happen?

217631[/snapback]

Wouldn't trade coordinators with any team in the country now.

I honestly don't know, but my guess is that you can hear it on www.auburntigers.com for only the cost of your first born.

217636[/snapback]

Well I have no children atm, but is a college town and I got 17 minutes! lol

217637[/snapback]

I am sure they will take an IOU instead...

:roflol:

Really excited about this hire!

I was just looking at some LSU-fan comments and most of them really didn't want Muschamp to end up at Auburn. Appearently hes a great motivator and superb recruiter that appearently "knows the Louisiana highschool football recruiting turf as well as anyone else does"

"Muschamp has been a member of the LSU coaching staff since 2001. He began his tenure as linebackers coach before being promoted to defensive coordinator in 2002. This past year, LSU had one of the nation’s top defenses as it permitted an average of 17.1 points and 256.9 yards per game. They also allowed an average of only 2.9 yards per rush attempt. The unit, which claimed two first-team All-America performers in defensive end Marcus Spears and cornerback Corey Webster, tallied three touchdowns, including two off interceptions and another on a fumble return. In 2003, the Tigers' defense under Muschamp led the nation in both scoring defense (11.0 points per game) and total defense (252.0 yards per game). LSU finished the year as the SEC's top-ranked defense in seven different categories, as it set a school record with 44 sacks and seven returns for scores (5 interceptions, 2 fumbles). Muschamp joined the LSU staff after serving one year (2000) as defensive coordinator at Valdosta State. That followed one-year stints as secondary coach at Eastern Kentucky (1999) and West Georgia (1998). He also was a graduate assistant at Auburn for three years, from 1995-97, and earned his master's degree there in ’97. Muschamp was a four-year letterman at Georgia, from 1991-94, where he played linebacker and was a part of two bowl teams. He also earned a spot on the SEC Academic Honor Roll in 1993. He and his wife, Carol, have a son, Jackson. " - from the dolphins website, 1/05

Welcome to the board tgnfy!! Long time no see ;)

War Damn Muschamp!!

He should be able to do great things with the talent he's got this year!

Welcome to the board tgnfy!!  Long time no see ;)

War Damn Muschamp!!

He should be able to do great things with the talent he's got this year!

217665[/snapback]

Thanks boss, figured I could always use one more board to keep me away from work.

WARRRRRRRRRRR EAGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE COACH MUSCHAMP!!!!!!

I just got home from class and saw that we hired him, I am soooooooo stoked over this hire, this is gunna be GREAT for Auburn. I love his style of defense. I can remember watching his defenses when he was at lsu and admiring those defenses. Now we are gunna have that reckless, ruthless defense like lsu had a couple years ago! (I hope we do! :D )

I only wish his picture on rivals didn't look soo absolutely goofy...lol

Nevermind, they changed it

heard he blitzes a lot :) i like.

quote from my boss today "last year 3rd and long was a nice way of saying first and 10"...i got a laugh out of that one

Not trying to rain on your parade. Everyone knows that Saban ran those defenses when Muschamp was the DC. He is a good motivator jumping up and down and slapping his players on the helmet. But, Saban coached our defenses and called the plays.

Archived