New Recruiting Assignments

Proud Tiger

With the retirement of Coach Whitt and the departure of DC Gibbs, and the hiring of Muschamp and Willis, Tubs has made some changes in the the recruiting territories for his coordinators and asst. coaches. Here are the new assignments:

--Coach Dunn: areas of Alabama north of B'ham, including Decatur and Huntsville. In Mississippi, Columbus south including Hattiesburg. Also Kentucky and North Carolina.

--Coach Ensminger: Florida Panhandle to Jacksonville and down to Ocala. South and Southeast Georgia including Cairo, Bainbridge, Valdosta, Savannah, and Waycross. In Louisiana, from Alexandria south.

--Coach Gran: Dade and Broward counties in South Florida

--Coach Knox:Tuscaloosa, Coosa and Chilton counties in Alabama. Delta region of Mississippi, the Western coast of Florida, including Tampa, Naples, Sarasota and Lakeland..Southern Louisiana, including Baton Rouge and new Orleans. Eastern side of I-85 in Georgia to to Milledgeville and south of I2-20.

--Coach Nall:Western Georgia, including Carrolton, Macon, Columbus, and Albany. Northern third of Mississippi, from I-82 north, including Columbus, Greenwood, Greenville, and Tupelo. Nashville and everything west in Tennessee. State of Arkansas.

--Coach Price: In Alabama, B'ham, Gasden. Anniston and Pell City. Inside the loop in Atlanta. Small part of of Florida, including Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Palm bay and West Palm beach. Kansas junior colleges and state of South Carolina.

--Coach Willis: taking over a lot of coach Whitt's areas. He will handle areas south of Montgomery including Mobile. Also includes Demopolis, Selma and Russell County. Willis will also cover junior colleges in Arizona and Virginia, including military prep schools.

So if you know of good prospects in these areas alert the appropriate coach.

With the retirement of Coach Whitt and the departure of DC Gibbs,  and the hiring of Muschamp and Willis, Tubs has made some changes in the the recruiting territories for his coordinators and asst. coaches. Here are the new assignments:

--Coach Dunn: areas of Alabama north of B'ham, including Decatur and Huntsville. In Mississippi, Columbus south including Hattiesburg. Also Kentucky and North Carolina.

--Coach Ensminger: Florida Panhandle to Jacksonville and down to Ocala. South and Southeast Georgia including Cairo, Bainbridge, Valdosta, Savannah, and Waycross. In Louisiana, from Alexandria south.

--Coach Gran: Dade and Broward counties in South Florida

--Coach Knox:Tuscaloosa, Coosa and Chilton counties in Alabama. Delta region of Mississippi, the Western coast of Florida, including Tampa, Naples, Sarasota and Lakeland..Southern Louisiana, including Baton Rouge and new Orleans. Eastern side of I-85 in Georgia to to Milledgeville and south of I2-20.

--Coach Nall:Western Georgia, including Carrolton, Macon, Columbus, and Albany. Northern third of Mississippi, from I-82 north, including Columbus, Greenwood, Greenville, and Tupelo. Nashville and everything west in Tennessee. State of Arkansas.

--Coach Price: In Alabama, B'ham, Gasden. Anniston and Pell City. Inside the loop in Atlanta. Small part of of Florida, including Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Palm bay and West Palm beach. Kansas junior colleges and state of South Carolina.

--Coach Willis: taking over a lot of coach Whitt's areas. He will handle areas south of Montgomery including Mobile. Also includes Demopolis, Selma and Russell County. Willis will also cover junior colleges in Arizona and Virginia, including military prep schools.

So if you know of good prospects in these areas alert the appropriate coach.

220307[/snapback]

Thx for the info PT.... :au:

I don't know a lot about how recruiting territories are determined, but that list really looks disjointed and makes for a lot more miles travelled than necessary. I worked in an industry where we had territorial responsibility for sales and service and if anyone had proposed such a split as that, he would have been laughed out of the house. Of course, we didn't have private jets to whisk our folks to wherever they needed to be! There must be a lot more money in CFB than in the business world, LOL.

I know Dade and Broward counties in Florida are football proving grounds, but I'm sorry, I just don't understand why the staff has placed this much emphasis on this area. According to Proud's post, Gran has 2 counties, and that's it. Seems to me the Bham and Atl regions would be of equal importance due to large talent pools.

From what I understand about the area, the concentration of D-1 prospects in Dade and Broward county is totally off the chart. We usually have at least one signee from that area every year. Supposedly, that area will send more kids to D-1 every year than the whole state of Alabama. It must be true since Coach Gran has only those two counties.

I think he does have some other responsibilities. Wasn't he responsible for recruiting Ben Tate?

I don't know a lot about how recruiting territories are determined, but that list really looks disjointed and makes for a lot more miles travelled than necessary.  I worked in an industry where we had territorial responsibility for sales and service and if anyone had proposed such a split as that, he would have been laughed out of the house.  Of course, we didn't have private jets to whisk our folks to wherever they needed to be!  There must be a lot more money in CFB than in the business world, LOL.

220367[/snapback]

Purely hypothetical on my part, since I actually know nothing about how this works, but I'd conjecture that if a person had particlularly good connections or relations in an area, it would be wise for him to retain responsibility for that area even if also active in other, disjointed territories. Again, just speculating...

Archived