What rivalry game would you like to see?

AUesquire

If you could choose a college football rivalry other than one Auburn is involved in, who would it be and why?  First, give your SEC game and where it is played.  Then anyone in the country.  For me:

SEC would be UGA/UF in Jacksonville and then UA/UT in Knoxille.

The World's Largest Cocktail Party has always been fun to watch on TV and the hype surrounding the game is unreal.  Plus, these are SEC fans, so you know the hype is real.  (I've been to several FSU/Miami games :thumbsdown:   :puke: ) As far as UA/UT, the pure hatred between these two fan bases would make this a cool game to be at as an impartial observer.

Around the country, I would love to see Michigan and Ohio State in Ann Arbor.  Say what you want, this is one of the rivalries that symbolizes what college football is about.  There are a few that actually do that in my opinion.  The Iron Bowl, UM/OSU, USC/UCLA, OU/Texas.

Feel free to pine-o.

221405[/snapback]

Mine would be the Cocktail party. :uga: vs :uf: . I married a UGA grad and have been to 2 of these. 2001 and 2003. We stayed in an RV. The party scene at the Landing is cool as well. It was a wild scene. Nothing like the Iron Bowl, but a lot of fun. It was a bit wierd from the standpoint that I didn't have butterflies and stress over the outcome like I usually do at our games.

i'd say the COCKTAIL PARTY too. i've always enjoyed the UF-FSU game and wouldn't mind going to that one either. i can't say there's one non-SEC game that i really, really, would want to go too, though.

i've been to the UGA-GT game in Athens, the Bama-UT game in Tuscaloosa ('99- a TN win..hehehe) and the Kentucky-Louisville game in Lexington.

my freinds were so pumped for me to go to the UK-UL game, thinking it compared to the iron bowl. i sat on the 50, 20 rows off the field and it felt like our homecoming game. utterly pathetic.

the uga-gt game was more like an au-ole miss game at home. not quite was i was expecting and i was even sitting in the UGA student section in athens. i was a bit disappointed. GT did win, though.

now, the bama-ut game was AUsome. especially since i stood in the corner of the endzone with the UT crowd and sang rocky top till i was horse......or till i passed out. can't remember. :D never have i ever cheered that much for freakin' tennessee.

rivalrys I'd like to see

Miami/FSU(hate bobby bowden, but fiance is an FSU grad)

Georgia/UF

LSU/Auburn (something wierd seems to always happen in this matchup)

any game that UAT LOSES. :big:

Games that do nothing for me...

Ohio state/Michigan(Yankee football :puke: )

Army/Navy(terrible football and just boring)

Notre Dame vs. Anybody(unless they are hammering UAT)

Penn State vs. Anybody(hate paterno, and this is also unless they are hammering UAT)

221708[/snapback]

Army/Navy does nothing for you and you live in the birthplace of Naval Aviation? I have watched this game on TV and the cadets never sit down. The group pushups and all the dress uniforms make this a tradition rich environment. I would be honored to attend this game that many of the US Presidents have attended while in Office.

I would like to see Nebraska vs Oklahoma as long as Nebraska is back to full speed and they Crush the Sooners.

One game I would like to see is Hawaii against Bama in December. What could be better than seeing Bama struggle against a weak wack team while basking in the warm Hawaiian sun in early December? I bet the co-eds on the beach would be pretty cool as well....but I digress.

221837[/snapback]

I knew somebody would get on me for that one...lol.. I've watched the game several times in my 38 years, and its probably the most boring football i've ever seen. If given a choice between army/navy football, golf, or NBA it might win, but i'd likely turn off the tv all together. Just because i live in a military town doesn't mean I should care what they do. And I don't...just my opinion...

Archived