What rivalry game would you like to see?

AUesquire

If you could choose a college football rivalry other than one Auburn is involved in, who would it be and why? First, give your SEC game and where it is played. Then anyone in the country. For me:

SEC would be UGA/UF in Jacksonville and then UA/UT in Knoxille.

The World's Largest Cocktail Party has always been fun to watch on TV and the hype surrounding the game is unreal. Plus, these are SEC fans, so you know the hype is real. (I've been to several FSU/Miami games :thumbsdown::puke: ) As far as UA/UT, the pure hatred between these two fan bases would make this a cool game to be at as an impartial observer.

Around the country, I would love to see Michigan and Ohio State in Ann Arbor. Say what you want, this is one of the rivalries that symbolizes what college football is about. There are a few that actually do that in my opinion. The Iron Bowl, UM/OSU, USC/UCLA, OU/Texas.

Feel free to pine-o.

gimme the um/osu game at the shoe or the usc/notre dame game in front of touchdown Jesus.

both games have good teams, hype, and great venues. that's all i need to have a good time.

def OSU/UM...I want to see if all the hype is actually true. Is it REALLY a bigger rivalry than ours? I can't possibally see how that could be. They are in two seperate states. They probably don't have to work too much with the opposing team's fans. I am in constant mixed company between AU and UAT fans. I bet its just northern hype and an anti southern sentiment. "Oh no, they're from Alabama they can't possibally like football...don't they have to be farming or something?" just a hunch

def OSU/UM...I want to see if all the hype is actually true. Is it REALLY a bigger rivalry than ours? I can't possibally see how that could be. They are in two seperate states. They probably don't have to work too much with the opposing team's fans. I am in constant mixed company between AU and UAT fans. I bet its just northern hype and an anti southern sentiment. "Oh no, they're from Alabama they can't possibally like football...don't they have to be farming or something?" just a hunch

221434[/snapback]

"Man, and I thought there was bad blood between Michigan/Ohio St.. Watching this would make Palestinians and Israelis shake their heads and go, 'Wow, those folks really hate each other'" -- a Michigan fan after watching an argument between a bama and Auburn fan

Army/Navy hands down. I'd love to see this game in person.

Michigan/Ohio State in the Big House. Although I bet it would be cool to see the "I" get dotted in the Shoe.

Army/Navy hands down.  I'd love to see this game in person.

Michigan/Ohio State in the Big House.  Although I bet it would be cool to see the "I" get dotted in the Shoe.

221483[/snapback]

You took my answer. Definitely Army/Navy with Tx/Ok after that.

OSU/Mich- I would like to see this game but I get tired of the whole media spin of "This Rivarly is the only game that matters". The only reasons why this game gets the love it does is because 80% of the time the winner wins the Big10 cause the rest of the conference sucks.

Army/Navy- nuff said

Texas/Oklahoma- a fair and a football game, sweet.

LSU/Ole Miss- the only stipulation is that both teams are good and there is something on the line, neither fan base likes the other...but I doubt my stipulation will be met while Coach O is roaming the sidelines in Oxford

The Red River Shootout would be #1 a close second would be OSU and Michigan at Michigan. Army vs Navy is always fun to watch! Back in the day the Egg bowl was a good game but not any more

The SEC rivalry I would most like to see would be the :ua: - :ut: game. The 2 biggest redneck clans going at it tooth and nail makes you wish there was a way for both teams to lose.

Outside the SEC, I would love to see Navy - Army. ND - Michigan would be second.

For some reason I have always wanted to go to the UCLA/USC game. Also would love the Red River Shootout.

As far as an SEC team I think I like the UCF vs Alabama game. :big:

Saniflush I agree that UCF/Bama game would be a good un. But you can't beat LaTech vs Bama, the next time they play Bama will try to end a losing streak against the boys from Ruston, talk about big time! I hope CBS gets to air that heated matchup.

Tex/okie in dallas is one I haven't seen that I'd like to see.

For those of you that want mich/osu, don't waste your time. As an undergrad, I got to attend that game in mich, and I was amazed at the difference in the atmosphere there and at an sec game. The intensity there was like having 100k in JH watching Auburn vs western kentucky. The crowd was dead, except for scoring plays and the stadium is horribly rundown (i hope they have renovated since then). We sat about 1/2 of the way up in the corner of the end zone and we were so far away, you could barely read the players' numbers. Pregame atmosphere sucks just as bad. They could learn a thing or 2 about tailgating up there. Just my .02 from my experience up there.

In the SEC.......... bama vs. LSU in Baton Rouge. That's a win-win for me although I would wear my Auburn jacket and yell Geaux Tigahs. In former days, one of my favorite Saturdays was when bama played GT because one would lose and I disliked both equally.

Outside the SEC.......Ohio St. at Michigan because I think it is the 2nd biggest rivalry in the country. I have already been to USC, Oklahoma, Penn St., Purdue, UCLA, Oregon St., Arizona St., Colorado, Stanford, California, Florida St., Louisville, Maryland, Duke, N.C. State, Clemson, UNC, Navy, Air Force, Rice, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virgina and Notre Dame.

SEC: Alabama at Tennessee (100,000+ fans can't be wrong)

Other: Army vs. Navy

Texas vs. Texas A&M

Texas vs. Oklahoma

Clemson vs. South Carolina

Harvard vs. Yale (hardly fb I know, but c'mon)

The Citadel vs. Virginia Military Institute

I've got a good friend who is a big FSU supporter. We'll trade off every year and go to both AU and FSU games and I've been to a number of games at Dope Campbell. As I said earlier, the FSU/Miami game is an absolute joke when it comes to atmosphere. For a game that has had national implications for years now, it's just surprising to be there and realize it's about as raucous as maybe....AU against Miss. St. in JH.

I would imagine when they play Florida, their fans have to rise to the level of their competition. SEC fans are pretty stiff competition. :big:

I'd like to hear from Slink about this. Would UF be the big one or does the GT matchup trump that as far as intensity?

I think I'd like to see Texas-Tamu at Kyle Field. ND-USC would be pretty good in South Bend. Also, I would've liked to go to an old USC-UCLA game when they both wore their home jerseys.

rivalrys I'd like to see

Miami/FSU(hate bobby bowden, but fiance is an FSU grad)

Georgia/UF

LSU/Auburn (something wierd seems to always happen in this matchup)

any game that UAT LOSES. :big:

Games that do nothing for me...

Ohio state/Michigan(Yankee football :puke: )

Army/Navy(terrible football and just boring)

Notre Dame vs. Anybody(unless they are hammering UAT)

Penn State vs. Anybody(hate paterno, and this is also unless they are hammering UAT)

I've got a good friend who is a big FSU supporter.  We'll trade off every year and go to both AU and FSU games and I've been to a number of games at Dope Campbell.  As I said earlier, the FSU/Miami game is an absolute joke when it comes to atmosphere.  For a game that has had national implications for years now, it's just surprising to be there and realize it's about as raucous as maybe....AU against Miss. St. in JH. 

I would imagine when they play Florida, their fans have to rise to the level of their competition.  SEC fans are pretty stiff competition. :big:

I'd like to hear from Slink about this.  Would UF be the big one or does the GT matchup trump that as far as intensity?

221700[/snapback]

I grew up in atlanta and i've been to a couple of UGA-GT games and UGA fans get up more for the UF game. It's more important to their season and they haven't lost to GT in 4 or 5 years now. They've already forgotten when Joe Hamilton and Keith Brooking were there and won 4 straight vs. UGA. They are still pissed about losing to Spurrier all those years.

rivalrys I'd like to see

Miami/FSU(hate bobby bowden, but fiance is an FSU grad)

Georgia/UF

LSU/Auburn (something wierd seems to always happen in this matchup)

any game that UAT LOSES. :big:

Games that do nothing for me...

Ohio state/Michigan(Yankee football :puke: )

Army/Navy(terrible football and just boring)

Notre Dame vs. Anybody(unless they are hammering UAT)

Penn State vs. Anybody(hate paterno, and this is also unless they are hammering UAT)

221708[/snapback]

Army/Navy does nothing for you and you live in the birthplace of Naval Aviation? I have watched this game on TV and the cadets never sit down. The group pushups and all the dress uniforms make this a tradition rich environment. I would be honored to attend this game that many of the US Presidents have attended while in Office.

I would like to see Nebraska vs Oklahoma as long as Nebraska is back to full speed and they Crush the Sooners.

One game I would like to see is Hawaii against Bama in December. What could be better than seeing Bama struggle against a weak wack team while basking in the warm Hawaiian sun in early December? I bet the co-eds on the beach would be pretty cool as well....but I digress.

Archived