ATTN: Birmingham Area AUNation Members!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Basketball season is almost done and it is time to get together and have a hot dog and a ice cold Coke.

Ok, anywhere close to 280 is out of the question for this little soiree'.

Answer these questions and I will compile and organize.

1) Lunch or happy hour?

2) What side of town? Trussville, Homewood, Hoover or Mountain Brook?

3) Day of the week? Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

You never know when David will show up and give us all a treat!

Alright, maybe I wil make it to this one...

1) Lunch would be great, or evening - whichever the rest prefer.

2) If it is for lunch, anywhere within 15-20 minutes of downtown would be fine.

Dinner would be better on the Trussville side.

3) Any of those days would also be great.

I say Happy hour.......Hoover area is good to me, outside of that area I have no idea where anything is....Tuesday is better....wait hell i have nothing else going on, any day is good....

I am all for Happy Hour, like last time. I am closing on a house in Hoover in a little over a week, so Hoover would be my preference, but anywhere is fine with me. Monday's or Tuesday's are better, but I am sure I can make it on any day as long as I know a week or so out.

No offense AU Tailgating Rules, but I would rather meet anywhere but Bob Baumhauer's Wings. I have eaten there once, (my :ua::homer: fiance tricked me into it), and I will NEVER go back. As soon as I walked in and saw all of the :ua: memorabilia everywhere I wanted to turn around and walk right back out. Needless to say I made her pay for dinner that night. :D

I am all for Happy Hour, like last time.  I am closing on a house in Hoover in a little over a week, so Hoover would be my preference, but anywhere is fine with me.  Monday's or Tuesday's are better, but I am sure I can make it on any day as long as I know a week or so out. 

No offense AU Tailgating Rules, but I would rather meet anywhere but Bob Baumhauer's Wings.  I have eaten there once, (my  :ua:   :homer: fiance tricked me into it), and I will NEVER go back.  As soon as I walked in and saw all of the  :ua: memorabilia everywhere I wanted to turn around and walk right back out.  Needless to say I made her pay for dinner that night.  :D

221915[/snapback]

Baumhowers nauseates me. I'd just as soon eat at Croyle's.

Baumhowers nauseates me.  I'd just as soon eat at Croyle's.

221972[/snapback]

yeah, but all you could get from Croyle's would be a "sack" lunch...............

Happy hour

Not Trussville

Thursday

open bar

Davids tab

Sammy's

um oh.. sorry guys , got a little carried away

yeah, but all you could get from Croyle's would be a "sack" lunch...............

Im sorry...but that was freaking funny. Croyle's my boy and all...but two points for the clever quip!

I say Happy hour.......Hoover area is good to me, outside of that area  I have no idea where anything is....Tuesday is better....wait  hell i have nothing else going on,  any day is good....

221737[/snapback]

Sorry for the suggestion, but he is one of my very good customers. I like to support the folks that make me the money!!!!!!!!

Sorry, quoted the wrong response.

I would love to make this get together. (IF my lovelly bride will "cover" for me on the home front.) I can be anywhere in the bamaham area in about 1 hour so just let me know where and when. Heck, I may even attempt to drag jaydubb along for the ride. (And make him PAY) :thumbsup:

Davids tab

Sammy's

You are so wrong on both counts.

223028[/snapback]

TM's Tab?

Firehouse?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Davids tab

Sammy's

You are so wrong on both counts.

223028[/snapback]

TM's Tab?

Firehouse?

223100[/snapback]

You're pulling the right string, but the wrong yo-yo.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Here are the details, based on your responses:

Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 6:00 PM

On Tap, Lakeview (near St. Vincent's) Location

Everyone will be responsible for their own tab (sorry, AWK) and their own transportation.

Everyone is invited. Even the resident rival fans from the Birmingham area.

If anyone needs directions, it is fairly easy to get to, just let us know.

You never know if David will be making a surprise appearance, so mark your calendars!

get on 65- north, take the Universty drive exit(8th avenue south), continue straight past UAB, and it is on the corner of 29th street and University, directly across from a Chevron. Same block as Innisfree and the Barking Kudu

Well, it looks like I will have to miss this one. I am getting married on March 18, and I'll be on the honeymoon the 21st, so it's very likely I'll be laying on the beaches of St. Lucia, knocking back a Corona while y'all are meeting. What else is there to do on your honeymoon? :D

Well, it looks like I will have to miss this one.  I am getting married on March 18, and I'll be on the honeymoon the 21st, so it's very likely I'll be laying on the beaches of St. Lucia, knocking back a Corona while y'all are meeting.  What else is there to do on your honeymoon?  :D

223895[/snapback]

I need a vacation like that :P Congratulations By The Way :cheer:

HOw is traffic that way at rush hour? Ill be coming from the Galleria.....

Ew, um traffic going north might take you a bit, I know it takes me on average half an hour get home from downtown(to Homewood), I would give it about half an hour

Here are the details, based on your responses:

Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 6:00 PM

On Tap, Lakeview (near St. Vincent's) Location

Everyone will be responsible for their own tab (sorry, AWK) and their own transportation. 

Everyone is invited.  Even the resident rival fans from the Birmingham area.

If anyone needs directions, it is fairly easy to get to, just let us know. 

You never know if David will be making a surprise appearance, so mark your calendars!

223655[/snapback]

I think I will be there for this one.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bump.

I'll be there a little earlier than 6. Navy pants, orange shirt with a blue and white stripe across the chest.

Find me.

Haven't heard if David will be there or not. We didn't dicuss it on Saturday.

Archived