Steroids and Sports

DKW 86

Opinion on Steroid Use  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Steroid Use

• Steroids cause harmful health problems and should be banned, except by prescription.
    • Steroids should be tested for in any sport.
    • Steroids wipeout any credible stats in any sport.
    • Steroids are already part of the game so who cares.
    • Steroids just allow better athletic ability, who cares.
    • Steroids actually benefitted baseball and other sports by raising the level of play.
    • Allowing steroids will very quickly force every player to use them and cause severe health problems.

I voted for the ban simply because of the health issues involved. I straddle the fence when it comes to whether they destroy the credibility of any records set or the integrity of the game. I do have a problem with someone making a team or starting lineup who's using over someone trying to compete clean.

Trust me, they DO WORK and they DO give you a big advantage in some areas.

AUe, and that's partly why they should be banned. It becomes another arms race. Who can take the most steroids to be beneficial before being harmful? Who wants to be the guinea pig to find out? Who doesn't want to take them, and becomes a less competitive player because of it, despite being an amazing athlete to begin with?

I do say apply a common sense approach. The Olympics are doing in an extreme manner. Any trace of these performance enhancing steroids, even if not taken or was part of some other medical intake unrelated to performance enhancement, and you're out. Make it so that enhancements of any kind of controlled substance that aren't outright banned are ok until banned. Once banned, the players have so many weeks to get them out of their system for testing. Prescriptions would be ok, but there better be a good explanation for it, and even reported to the league. Kinda like the IAEA of steroids/etc. in the USA.

i think they should just start an all-steroids league. all steriods olympics. let them shoot for the moon. whatever. the people involved know the risks. personally, i'd like to see someone rum a 5 flat 100 meters, however they do it.

Archived