Sarandon to portray "Tragedy Pimp" Sheehan

MDM4AU

3/20/2006 - Jim Brogan - The Post Chronicle

Susan Sarandon To Portray 'Peace Mom' Cindy Sheehan In Biopic

by Jim Brogan

Mar 20, 2006

In a move that shouldn't be a shock to anyone, Susan Sarandon has signed on to portray anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan. But the all new Cindy-revue doesn't stop there. A crew will reportedly film Sheehan for a weekly reality series on the Sundance Channel. Her letters to President Bush inspired "Peace Mom," a one-woman monologue show in London. A memoir is due to her publisher April 1.

And according to the San Francisco Chronicle, "she hopes to reschedule a trip to address the European Union, postponed, she says, because of injuries when she was arrested yet again and jailed earlier this month on charges of blocking entrance to the U.S. Mission to the United Nations."

The Vacaville, Calif., mother realizes nothing can bring back her son, but she wanted to talk to President Bush again, and while on the surface that seems benign, it's apparent that she was interested in more than a conversation.  Sheehan, filled with grief and anger - understandably so I might add - more than likely wants the president to feel her pain.  In fact, I would bet she is interested in only guilt-tripping the president for the death of her son.

Sheehan, a Catholic youth minister for eight years, never wanted Casey to join the military.

"I begged him not to go," she said through tears. "I said, 'I'll take you to Canada' ... but he said, 'Mom, I have to go.  It's my duty.  My buddies are going.'"

Sheehan became an icon of the anti-war movement when she camped outside President George W Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas during his August vacation, demanding he meet her for a second time. Sheehan had met the President earlier in the year with a group of families of fallen soldiers and said that she thought he was a man of compassion.

Anti-war demonstrators applauded Sheehan as she gained notoriety and became the 'mother' of their movement. But by the end of her "Camp Casey" protest, polls showed as many Americans viewed her unfavorably as favorably.

As the Chronicle writes, 'Sheehan's public persona rose and fell on her willingness to publicize personal pain. A January Vanity Fair spread featured a photo of Cindy Sheehan, with her eyes closed, lying on her son's grave: National Review columnist Jonah Goldberg suggested it was "the most shameless, exploitative stunt of the decade."

Some people who embraced her "Camp Casey" protest have been recently turned off by what they, too, see as her going to far. She embraced Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and declared Bush a worse terrorist than Osama bin Laden. She contemplated challenging at the polls California's senior senator, Dianne Feinstein.

The real tragedy in this mess is that many believe Sheehan's words are not necessarily her own, but those of the increasingly ruthless anti-war movement. Though it might seem hard to believe anti-war protesters would go out of their way to target grieving families in an attempt to use them as propaganda material, one only needs bring up the name of Michael Moore.  Moore is notorious for using the lives of fallen soldiers and their grieving families in his movies, purely for the purpose of lining his own pockets and spreading his inflammatory rhetoric and outright lies. Moore, the hypocrite, was exposed for what he is recently when his IRS statements indicated that he's a two-faced liar. Moore owns Halliburton and other defense contractor stock.

Cindy Sheehan has been brainwashed by those I like to call the grief pimps.  Sadly, they exist both sides of the political aisle.  It is these creeps that have turned the Cindy Sheehan story, and tragically others as well, into nothing more than a well-publicized, appalling, sensationalistic farce.

The Post Chronicle

sheehanvf.jpg

imageCAR10201291942.jpg

3/20/2006 - Jim Brogan - The Post Chronicle
Susan Sarandon To Portray 'Peace Mom' Cindy Sheehan In Biopic

by Jim Brogan

Mar 20, 2006

In a move that shouldn't be a shock to anyone, Susan Sarandon has signed on to portray anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan. But the all new Cindy-revue doesn't stop there. A crew will reportedly film Sheehan for a weekly reality series on the Sundance Channel. Her letters to President Bush inspired "Peace Mom," a one-woman monologue show in London. A memoir is due to her publisher April 1.

And according to the San Francisco Chronicle, "she hopes to reschedule a trip to address the European Union, postponed, she says, because of injuries when she was arrested yet again and jailed earlier this month on charges of blocking entrance to the U.S. Mission to the United Nations."

The Vacaville, Calif., mother realizes nothing can bring back her son, but she wanted to talk to President Bush again, and while on the surface that seems benign, it's apparent that she was interested in more than a conversation.  Sheehan, filled with grief and anger - understandably so I might add - more than likely wants the president to feel her pain.  In fact, I would bet she is interested in only guilt-tripping the president for the death of her son.

Sheehan, a Catholic youth minister for eight years, never wanted Casey to join the military.

"I begged him not to go," she said through tears. "I said, 'I'll take you to Canada' ... but he said, 'Mom, I have to go.  It's my duty.  My buddies are going.'"

Sheehan became an icon of the anti-war movement when she camped outside President George W Bush's ranch in Crawford Texas during his August vacation, demanding he meet her for a second time. Sheehan had met the President earlier in the year with a group of families of fallen soldiers and said that she thought he was a man of compassion.

Anti-war demonstrators applauded Sheehan as she gained notoriety and became the 'mother' of their movement. But by the end of her "Camp Casey" protest, polls showed as many Americans viewed her unfavorably as favorably.

As the Chronicle writes, 'Sheehan's public persona rose and fell on her willingness to publicize personal pain. A January Vanity Fair spread featured a photo of Cindy Sheehan, with her eyes closed, lying on her son's grave: National Review columnist Jonah Goldberg suggested it was "the most shameless, exploitative stunt of the decade."

Some people who embraced her "Camp Casey" protest have been recently turned off by what they, too, see as her going to far. She embraced Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and declared Bush a worse terrorist than Osama bin Laden. She contemplated challenging at the polls California's senior senator, Dianne Feinstein.

The real tragedy in this mess is that many believe Sheehan's words are not necessarily her own, but those of the increasingly ruthless anti-war movement. Though it might seem hard to believe anti-war protesters would go out of their way to target grieving families in an attempt to use them as propaganda material, one only needs bring up the name of Michael Moore.  Moore is notorious for using the lives of fallen soldiers and their grieving families in his movies, purely for the purpose of lining his own pockets and spreading his inflammatory rhetoric and outright lies. Moore, the hypocrite, was exposed for what he is recently when his IRS statements indicated that he's a two-faced liar. Moore owns Halliburton and other defense contractor stock.

Cindy Sheehan has been brainwashed by those I like to call the grief pimps.  Sadly, they exist both sides of the political aisle.  It is these creeps that have turned the Cindy Sheehan story, and tragically others as well, into nothing more than a well-publicized, appalling, sensationalistic farce.

The Post Chronicle

sheehanvf.jpg

imageCAR10201291942.jpg

226174[/snapback]

Uh, Canada? Is there a draft?

And this from the guy who's mom advised a shrew to advise a young girl to not clean a semen stained dress?

Jonah Goldberg suggested it was "the most shameless, exploitative stunt of the decade."

Oh yeah, that was the previous decade. But Jonah's still milking it.

Sarandon and Sheehan = a perfect match.

I don't think there is enough latex and makeup in all of Hollywood to turn Susan Sarandon into Cindy Sheehan... Not even on her worse day does Susan Sarandon look that bad.

From THIS:

susan29tp.jpg

TO THIS???

18cindyweathered0mn.jpg

Guest Tigrinum Major

Have you never seen the Theron chick in "Monster"? That was a much bigger leap than Sarandon to Sheehan.

Theron was Sarandon will be playing a psychopath, though.

226261[/snapback]

Fixed that for you.

226262[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Just wanted to chime in here for a second. For those that don't know, Sheehan's son was in the 1st Cavalry Division when KIA, the same division I am in (for a few more days). Anywho, the division had an Iraqi sculpter sculpt a memorial statue in honor of all our troopers that died during OIF II using bronze that was once a statue of Saddam. The unveiling ceremony will be in April and all the Gold Star families are invited, Sheehan included. About two weeks ago a fragmentary order, or FRAGO as we call it, was published detailing the event. Cindy Sheehan got her own paragraph in the order. It didn't call her out by name but who else could the division planners be talking about? I have copy and pasted the paragraph in question below for you. Don't worry, it isn't classified. ;)

3.C.3.C.6. INCIDENT REACTION AND GUIDANCE:

3.C.3.C.6.A. PROTEST: PROTESTING IS NOT PROHIBITED ON FORT HOOD. HOWEVER, PROTESTING OR NOT, ALL PERSONNEL ON POST MUST FOLLOW APPLICABLE RULES AND REGULATIONS. FAILURE TO COMPLY, WHETHER PROTESTING OR OTHERWISE, TRIGGERS THE SAME RESPONSE. THAT IS, WHAT WOULD BE A LEGAL RESPONSE TO AN ACTION IS THE SAME REGARDLESS OF THE ‘PROTEST-STATUS’ OF THE OFFENDER. FOR EXAMPLE, IF A PROTESTOR WERE PROTESTING IN THE STREET THE RESPONSE WOULD BE THAT APPROPRIATE FOR REMOVING SOMEONE BLOCKING TRAFFIC.

3.C.3.C.6.B. USE OF FORCE LIMITS: AR 190-14 DICTATES THAT THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF FORCE NECESSARY BE USED (I.E. IF WORDS WILL WORK, THEN DON'T TOUCH). METHODS ARE NOT DICTATED BY REGULATION; THEY ARE DISCRETIONARY AND GUIDED BY NON-BINDING FMS.

3.C.3.C.6.C. DRESS CODE: GARMENTS (E.G; T-SHIRTS) WITH PICTURES OR WRITING WHICH ARE GROSSLY OFFENSIVE TO MODESTY, DECENCY, PROPRIETY, OR SHOCK THE MORAL SENSE ARE INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE AND WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. HOWEVER, MERELY WEARING A PROTEST T-SHIRT, EVEN AT AN EVENT TO HONOR THOSE WHO DIED, CANNOT BE REASONABLY INTERPRETED TO BE ‘GROSSLY OFFENSIVE’.

3.C.3.C.6.D. AVOID CONFRONTATION: IN THE EVENT OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, 1CD IS DETERMINED TO NOT PROVIDE AN INAPPROPRIATE RESPONSE; ALL GOLD STAR FAMILIES HAVE EARNED THEIR RIGHT TO THE CEREMONY. ADDITIONALLY, WE AS SOLDIERS HAVE SWORN AN OATH TO DEFEND THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH. IT LOOKS VERY POORLY UPON THE ARMY TO BE PHYSICALLY REMOVING ANY PROTESTER.

Theron was Sarandon will be playing a psychopath, though.

226261[/snapback]

Fixed that for you.

226262[/snapback]

Haha, as soon as I typed that I realized I was setting that one up. Thanks for knocking it down!

HOWEVER, MERELY WEARING A PROTEST T-SHIRT, EVEN AT AN EVENT TO HONOR THOSE WHO DIED, CANNOT BE REASONABLY INTERPRETED TO BE ‘GROSSLY OFFENSIVE’.

Oh God, that line's setting her up to stir up trouble.

I like Susan Sarandan. Or, more accuratly, I enjoy her acting. Sarandon is most notably known by movie fans for her work in White Palace and Bull Durham. . In both movies, she plays a low class whore who strives to rise above her current status w/ the help of more upwardly mobile men.

Susan finds something that works, she sticks w/ it. Good to see she's going back to the basics.

:rolleyes:

31m.jpg

My favorite Susan Sarandon moment was when David Letterman was hosting the Oscars. He introduced she and Tim Robbins like this: Now it's time for Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, and I bet they're probably pissed off about something..." It was perfect.

You know, the Army may choose not to react to Sheehan, but I'll sure bet they don't speak for the rest of the Gold Star families that will be in attendance, as well as for any "Texas Locals" who may be in the crowd... should be VERY interesting if she actually has the guts to show up.

Sheehan and her group of nutjobs were supposed to have a protest at Landstul(sp?) Army hospital in Germany about 3 or 4 weeks ago. That area is home to roughly 15,000 military families. Word got out that she was coming and a massive counterprotest was scheduled. Amazingly, Sheehan found something else to do and backed out of the trip.

You know, the Army may choose not to react to Sheehan, but I'll sure bet they don't speak for the rest of the Gold Star families that will be in attendance, as well as for any "Texas Locals" who may be in the crowd... should be VERY interesting if she actually has the guts to show up.

226668[/snapback]

I kind of wish I could be here for it to see what happens but fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it) I will be Georgia bound next weekend. :cheer:

Sheehan sort of looks like a female Jack Nicklaus.

18cindyweathered0mn.jpg

nicklaus.jpg

226700[/snapback]

How could you do that to Jack? :no:

* comparison coming soon *

Jimmy Durante had a personality and was fairly likeable.  <_<

226914[/snapback]

Yep, you're right. I had doubts about that after I posted, but I was in a hurry and decided to go it. Think I'll reconsider.

Archived