Most Underrated Coach in the SEC

Guest Tigrinum Major

WOW. Judging from that post...we must have won, what, 3 games last year?

226397[/snapback]

How about 3 games against teams with winning records?

226402[/snapback]

ZING!

How about 3 games against teams with winning records?

Noticed that you didn't address the offensive line.

Good luck. Have a War Eagle Day, BG.

May want to doublecheck your math. Bama beat 4 teams with winning records last year: Southern Miss, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas Tech.

I know, I know, bowl games dont matter to you guys...blah blah blah.

Either way, Id say we are in better shape than AU is as they only beat 3 D1 teams with a winning record last year. You should probably check YOUR team before you try and dog out another.

As far as OLine goes...we will have one of the best in the conference. We already have a center. Remember, when we moved Caldwell to center for the Cotton Bowl...we gave up zero sacks. And we signed one of the top OL classes in the nation last year. Guess you forgot about Andre Smith.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ok, BG, I am tired of arguing with a homer and you probably are also.

A few quick questions for you:

1. Should Andre' be redshirted? I have actually heard this discussed. I say no way, he is the starting left tackle at the beginning of fall practice. If he is redshirted, someone has either lost their mind or someone has really stepped up.

2. Who is the back-up to JPW? I have heard that Barnes just doesn't show the requisite poise, footwork or arm strength. So, do you go with Guillon (ack) or the kid from Texas? Or Jimmy Johns (who makes a mean sandwich, by the way)?

3. What do you consider an unacceptable record from this team, considering schedule and potential?

Pretty good questions honestly...

1.) No no no redshirt please. Chris Capps is not good...left tackle is where most of our sacks came from last year. BJ Stabler (right guard), Mark Sanders, and Antoine Caldwell are all very good. Kyle Tatum is average but will be a senior this year so brings experience to the table. The only hole then is that left tackle. Andre Smith was better as a junior in high school. And he's on a seriously heavy training program right now.

2.) I doubt barnes will ever play a down in game action. Guillon has looked good in the spring and hopefully will be a solid backup. They want to redshirt the Texas QB. And Jimmy Johns is currently our #2 RB so he wont be going anywhere. They may line him up more in the option like they did a few times last year. But thats all.

3. I think an 8-4 regular season would be average at best. 9-3 is what I think is a good goal considering we are breaking in a new QB. The sec road schedule is brutal. @Ark, @UF, @UT, @LSU...i couldnt blame him for dropping some of those.

As far as OLine goes...we will have one of the best in the conference. We already have a center. Remember, when we moved Caldwell to center for the Cotton Bowl...we gave up zero sacks.

226424[/snapback]

Umm, lot of teams do that when facing Texas Tech's defense..... not exactly their cup of tea.

Texan,

While you may have a point about Tech...my intramural team from college could have gotten 6 sacks against bama before the adjustment was made.

I look very much forward to AU's DEs running wind sprints AGAIN this season vs uat's very "offensive" o-line. :big:

Poor uaters. That sand they have their collective heads burried in is VERY deep! :lol:

AU may have a weak non-conference schedule but they're going to be playing every week without a bye week. So AU is gonna be playing 12 weeks in a row and won't get rest until after the Iron Bowl. So I think that should make up for a weak non-conference schedule in my opinion.

AU may have a weak non-conference schedule but they're going to be playing every week without a bye week. So AU is gonna be playing 12 weeks in a row and won't get rest until after the Iron Bowl. So I think that should make up for a weak non-conference schedule in my opinion.

226467[/snapback]

Alabama's got the same deal. No bye week.

IMO, that is the worst possible thing the NCAA could have done. I have no problem with the 12 game schedule, but c'mon. Even the NFLers get a week off somewhere in their 16 games.

Hopefully this will be the only year that any team has to do this.

IMO, that is the worst possible thing the NCAA could have done.  I have no problem with the 12 game schedule, but c'mon.  Even the NFLers get a week off somewhere in their 16 games.

Hopefully this will be the only year that any team has to do this.

226473[/snapback]

Maybe the NCAA just didn't have enough time to bilk their television partners for payment for providing another weeks' worth of programming?

Archived