Where will Auburn be ranked

BustemBigBlue

I was just curious what everyone's thoughts were on where Auburn will be ranked in the preseason polls? My dad, an Alabama fan, has made a bet with one of my Auburn buddies that Auburn will not be ranked in the preseason top 10. We are talking AP and coaches poll here.

Does the bowl loss hurt our chances of being preseason top 10?

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm betting 6-8,  we are getting a ton of off season love.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!

227650[/snapback]

Agreeance.

I don't think I've seen a single spring/early-early-preseason poll or columnist yet that doesn't have us in the top ten, so I expect us to be there in August.

My dad, an Alabama fan, has made a bet with one of my Auburn buddies that Auburn will not be ranked in the preseason top 10. We are talking AP and coaches poll here.

227641[/snapback]

It is tough watching our parents age and become senile. So, which home is he in? (I know some guys that want some action on that wager!)

I'm betting 6-8,  we are getting a ton of off season love.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!

227650[/snapback]

I agree...was going to say SEVEN...so 6-8 sounds good.

:au::homer:

I don't think the bowl loss is going to hurt us. I still think the AP and coaches will vote based on what talent and experience is returning. Thusly, I fully expect a top 10 ranking, probably top 5. Here's to staying there all season!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!

I think that Auburn should be in the top 10 when the first poll comes out. But, I wouldn't be suprised one bit if we were ranked somewhere from 12-15. Auburn has usually started out in this position because of all the pre-season love the voters like to give to the "traditional powerhouses" such as FSU, ND, Ohio State, and many others.

Who knows what may happen, but I am sure excited to find out.

We are going to be ranked 6th, so in a few months when i bump this thread, I can say I told you so :P

I think we will start out somewhere about 6 or 7. Once Lindys and some of the other rags come out in the middle of Summer we will pretty well know. The AP and Coaches polls usually follow suit pretty close.

I figure at least top 15 across the board. Probably half top-10, half not. I for one hope we'll be outside the top 10; 2003 gave me fear of preseason hype.

Top ten..no doubt... :au: has EARNED it. :cheer:

I'd say 7 or 8.

There's going to be a TON of love for osu and nd preseason, as well as the fla, tex and usc myths. Also after what lsu did to miami they'll be up there too.

I figure at least top 15 across the board.  Probably half top-10, half not.  I for one hope we'll be outside the top 10; 2003 gave me fear of preseason hype.

227793[/snapback]

True, but 04 gives me fear of the lack of pre-season hype. THe only reason we didn't play for MNC is because we weren't ranked high enough at the beginning of the season.

no worries this year though.

Top FIVE!!!!

Archived