Washington State - - Sept. 2, 2006

AUHansel

Had more experience than Shockley right?

235085[/snapback]

Yet Shockley out-performed him on just about every level.

Ball is far from "seasoned"

How many times has GT's fans called for him to be replaced?

After half the games the last 2 years? Is that being too generous?

235086[/snapback]

I figured seasoned meant he had experience as a starter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting a totally new backfield in game 1 against a good GA Tech team with a seasoned QB...

Whoh.....what? Seasoned QB?

235012[/snapback]

Auburn beat the Bulldogs. Tech beat Auburn. And the Hurricanes.

Next question.

Had more experience than Shockley right?

235085[/snapback]

Yet Shockley out-performed him on just about every level.

Ball is far from "seasoned"

How many times has GT's fans called for him to be replaced?

After half the games the last 2 years? Is that being too generous?

235086[/snapback]

I figured seasoned meant he had experience as a starter.

235095[/snapback]

Yeah seasoned meaning he had considerable experience as a starter. I didn't say popular. I didn't say spectacular. I didn't say fantastic. I didn't say future Heisman winner. I just said seasoned because he had a good bit of experience as a starter. :-)

Auburn beat the Bulldogs.  Tech beat Auburn.  And the Hurricanes.

Next question.

235096[/snapback]

Woah, did you forget UGA/Tech or is Tech better because they beat AU who beat UGA?

I'm not 'scared' so much as I am concerned. Being scared of losing to WSU isn't what comes to mind. Concerned that CTT will see this as 'just another pre-season' game and starting off slowly does have me a bit on edge.

I say we don't only have to win, but win big, in order to gain back ANY respect we had after 2004. By winning 'big', I simply mean by more than 10 - 14 pts. There's no point in expecting a 30 pt blow out. WSU won't be a push over ( Remeber a hapless GT back in 2003? 2005? )

We'd better not overlook this game. GT and Wisconsin are all we need to be reminded of what happens when we underestimate teams.

Next question.

235096[/snapback]

Woah, did you forget UGA/Tech or is Tech better because they beat AU who beat UGA?

235116[/snapback]

You seem to be having trouble remembering that the subject is Ball.

235155[/snapback]

Don't see how I have strayed from Ball. He has been the QB of Tech for the last 3 years. Has yet to beat us once and IMO I hope he gets a lifetime pass to stay as Tech's QB for however long he wants.

235155[/snapback]

Don't see how I have strayed from Ball. He has been the QB of Tech for the last 3 years. Has yet to beat us once and IMO I hope he gets a lifetime pass to stay as Tech's QB for however long he wants.

235170[/snapback]

OK, deal. And UAT gets to Keep Croyle forever as well.

the `02 game had a dropped td pass (Mix), and a horrific 4th and 1 spot @ the USC 12...take away those two and it's a whole nother ball game!!

Course it featured Caddy's best ever td run (IMHO)!

Ok, let me rephrase

Washington State is going to kick Auburn's ass. It won't be close

234596[/snapback]

WHEW!!! Thanks Slink! I feel better now. :)

:au::homer:

235155[/snapback]

235170[/snapback]

Gee, you say three years but claim Ball is not seasoned. Let me try again: the dictionary says that "seasoned" is a synonym (do you understand "synonym"? am I going too fast?) for "inured". Inured means "to make used to something by prolonged subjection".

I'd say three years is prolonged. Ball was used to being quarterback.

The clinker that you've spun in your web is to equate "seasoned" with "excellent" or "superior".

The Washington State game is the most important game of the season, simply because it is the NEXT game.........................

The Washington State game is the most important game of the season, simply because it is the NEXT game.........................

235324[/snapback]

Yes sir I do agree..... :au:

The clinker that you've spun in your web is to equate "seasoned" with "excellent" or "superior".

Next question.

You stated that and I simply responded.

One more thing, here is a definition of seasoned

To render competent through trial and experience: a lawyer who had been seasoned by years in the trial courts.

I don't consider Ball competent against us so I still stand by my statements :cheer:

I'll pitch in to deliver a stripper and a gallon of whiskey to Pappy's room the night before the game. *grin*

I'll do my part!

Next question.

You stated that and I simply responded.

One more thing, here is a definition of seasoned

To render competent through trial and experience: a lawyer who had been seasoned by years in the trial courts.

I don't consider Ball competent against us so I still stand by my statements :cheer:

235339[/snapback]

"Competent" means "a state of being adequately or well qualified". "Superiority" is not a requirement. "Adequately" is sufficient. Ball beat Auburn. The "competent" part I also addressed in the "Auburn beat Georgia" note. Stand by your statements. That's a choice, not the truth.

I think our Georgia Tech loss was due to a rare slip in game plan by Al Borges because he wasn't quite sure how our post-Jason/Caddy/Ronnie offense would run. Everbody makes mistakes, but CAB makes very few and he won't do it again.

The Wisconsin loss was an embarrassment that I attribute to our players reading their own press and not coming prepared to play. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't do that again either. I don't expect us to win by any ridiculous margin, but I don't expect us to be seriously threatened by WSU.

Ball beat Auburn. 

Yet also lost to Tech, NCState, UVA, UGA, ext....

Adequate for the purpose

Ask Tech fans if their purpose is to win 7 games and lose to UGA every year and that is adequate for a year. :lol:

Ball beat Auburn. 

Yet also lost to Tech, NCState, UVA, UGA, ext....

Adequate for the purpose

Ask Tech fans if their purpose is to win 7 games and lose to UGA every year and that is adequate for a year. :lol:

235424[/snapback]

Ask UGA fans if their purpose is to win 9 games and lose to UF every year and lose to AU every other year.

Ask UGA fans if their purpose is to win 9 games and lose to UF every year and lose to AU every other year.

235426[/snapback]

If it means winning the East 3 of every 4 years and the SEC 2 of every 4 years and finishing in the AP top 10 four out of every five years...the answer from everyone's mouth would be

"Yes"

Since I am the one that originally used the term "seasoned," I can clarify by saying that I used "seasoned" in it's normal context and not an obscure one.

This whole thread has taken a long and drawn out turn of silliness all because the interpretation of my statements was mistaken.

Reggie Ball was seasoned in game 1 of 2005. Brandon Cox was a greenhorn, and it showed. That was my point.

Carry on.

Archived