Arkansas 2008 & 2009 Schedule

RadioWryn

Well, I guess this is better than playing Southern Cal..

Hogs Replace USC with Texas!

Arkansas, Texas to face off in 2008, 2009

May 8, 2006

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Former Southwest Conference rivals Arkansas and Texas will play each other in football again, starting in 2008.

Arkansas announced Monday that the Razorbacks and Longhorns have agreed to a two-year, home-and-home series for 2008 and 2009.

The Razorbacks will travel to Austin to play Sept. 13, 2008. The Longhorns will play in Fayetteville on Sept. 12, 2009.

Arkansas and Texas had a fierce rivalry before the Razorbacks left the Southwest Conference for the Southeastern Conference before the 1992 season. In 1969, No. 1 Texas beat No. 2 Arkansas 15-14 in front of a Fayetteville crowd that included President Nixon.

The teams have played three times since Arkansas left the Southwest Conference, most recently in 2004. The Longhorns, who won the national championship last season, now play in the Big 12.

Texas leads the all-time series 55-21. Texas' win over Arkansas in 2004 snapped a three-game winning streak by the Razorbacks. Arkansas won the last regular season meeting in 1991, 14-13 in Little Rock, the 2000 Cotton Bowl, 27-6, and the 2003 matchup in Austin, 38-28.

As a result of the Texas series, Arkansas' series scheduled with TCU has been pushed back to 2012.

Well, I guess this is better than playing Southern Cal..

Hogs Replace USC with Texas!

Arkansas, Texas to face off in 2008, 2009

May 8, 2006

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Former Southwest Conference rivals Arkansas and Texas will play each other in football again, starting in 2008.

Arkansas announced Monday that the Razorbacks and Longhorns have agreed to a two-year, home-and-home series for 2008 and 2009.

The Razorbacks will travel to Austin to play Sept. 13, 2008. The Longhorns will play in Fayetteville on Sept. 12, 2009.

Arkansas and Texas had a fierce rivalry before the Razorbacks left the Southwest Conference for the Southeastern Conference before the 1992 season. In 1969, No. 1 Texas beat No. 2 Arkansas 15-14 in front of a Fayetteville crowd that included President Nixon.

The teams have played three times since Arkansas left the Southwest Conference, most recently in 2004. The Longhorns, who won the national championship last season, now play in the Big 12.

Texas leads the all-time series 55-21. Texas' win over Arkansas in 2004 snapped a three-game winning streak by the Razorbacks. Arkansas won the last regular season meeting in 1991, 14-13 in Little Rock, the 2000 Cotton Bowl, 27-6, and the 2003 matchup in Austin, 38-28.

As a result of the Texas series, Arkansas' series scheduled with TCU has been pushed back to 2012.

235175[/snapback]

Nutt isn't crazy, just plain stupid. Arkansas fans are already gearing up for these two games. I like to see teams play old rivals again, even if Auburn loses to Tech...twice. Look at Bama, they lost an old rival in Southern Miss but they are picking up another one in Vandy this year. (Note heavy sarcasm in the last sentence.)

I'm sure it can be said that even after 14 years in the SEC, the 'Horns are still a bigger rival to :arky: than any of us (except maybe LSU). Remember Nutt flashing the upside-down horns to the Hog fans in Austin a couple of years ago after winning? Good stuff.

I imagine Nutt will be under some major pressure to have a "good" season this year. Personally, I don't think he'll survive long enough to be there for the Texas series.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I imagine Nutt will be under some major pressure to have a "good" season this year.  Personally, I don't think he'll survive long enough to be there for the Texas series.

235224[/snapback]

Nutt bought himself another season with the hiring of Gus. If he will stay the hell out of the way and do head coach stuff in lieu of what he is doing now, they will be a bowl team this year.

As far as the folks talking about playing JV teams and questioning the sanity of the scheduling, who would you rather see play - the Yankees versus the Red Sox or the Yankees versus the Royals? I understand wanting to win, but these games are matches made in heaven.

Arkansas should have beat Texas in Arkansas 2 years ago. If it wasn't for a fumble by Matt Jones late in the 4th quarter in Texas territory when the hogs were only down by 2. This is a great rivalry.

Not stupid at all in my opinion...I wish Auburn would play at least one game a year like this outside of conference...

I imagine Nutt will be under some major pressure to have a "good" season this year.  Personally, I don't think he'll survive long enough to be there for the Texas series.

235224[/snapback]

Nutt bought himself another season with the hiring of Gus. If he will stay the hell out of the way and do head coach stuff in lieu of what he is doing now, they will be a bowl team this year.

As far as the folks talking about playing JV teams and questioning the sanity of the scheduling, who would you rather see play - the Yankees versus the Red Sox or the Yankees versus the Royals? I understand wanting to win, but these games are matches made in heaven.

235228[/snapback]

Yeah, but Arkansas is say.. the Orioles. If I was the Orioles and could make my schedule, I'd have more games versus the Devil Rays and Royals than the Yanks and Sox.

Archived