Tiger Preview

WarTiger

From the Sporting News:

Dienhart's SportingBlog       

Auburn is just that good

May 15, 2006

Today's preview is the first in a team-by-team look at the SEC. Coming on Wednesday: Alabama.

Start with a loaded backfield. Add a strong line with a stout defense. Throw in a favorable schedule. What do you have? An Auburn team that might be capable of perfection for the second time in three years. Yeah, it could be that good.

Repeat after me: War DAMN Eagle!

You better believe it, Big Al. You, too, Uga, Mike and Smokey. Aubie will be king of the SEC. In fact, Auburn could win the whole shootin' matching. I'm talking BCS champion.

But that shouldn't come as news to you. This is a program that has won 22 of its last 25 games, including 16 of 17 SEC contests.

War DAMN Eagle!

Check it out: Auburn has the SEC's best collection of running backs. No, wait . . . Auburn has the NATION'S best collection of running backs, augmented by a blossoming quarterback and strong line. The defense overdoses on speed and athletic ability.

And then there's that schedule: LSU, Florida and Georgia all visit the Plains. The biggest hurdle? At Alabama. But Bama knows who its daddy is. Yeah, that's right: It's Aubie, the four-time defending Iron Bowl champs.

War DAMN Eagle!

Are there questions? Are there concerns? Sure. Some receivers need to step up, and the defense is working with its third coordinator in three years. But those aren't things Tommy Tuberville can't smooth out.

You remember Tubs, don't you? He's the coach Auburn wanted to dump a few years ago. Don't try to figure it out, just know this: Tubs is the SEC's best coach.

Yeah, life is sweet on the Plains. Go ahead, grab that roll of Charmin, warm up your arm and mosey down to Toomer's Corner. You're gonna need the practice. It's gonna be a fun fall.

War DAMN Eagle!

Kenny Irons for Heisman!!!

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!! Time for our team to step into the spotlight and do it once again. Let the memories of the Badgers keep our ego's in check and live up to the hype!

Unfortunately you can almost hear the big heads growing on the players after reading that. The kids better remember that games are won one play at a time.

Unfortunately you can almost hear the big heads growing on the players after reading that. The kids better remember that games are won one play at a time.

235354[/snapback]

Yeah, but they need some confidence. Maybe the coaches will "keep them in their place" and keep them humbled.

:au::cheer::au::cheer:

Read all the lovely comments that people left, talk about bammers.....

What objective journalist wrote this? Me? I enjoy the praise..but I vote that the Players aren't allowed to read that....

AUBURN FOOTBALL YOU WON'T WIN A GAME THIS YEAR!!! (just trying to keep everyone humble)

i mean clearly bama is better than us. they would've won with john parker wilson last year, and they dominated us for three quarters. also, no way we get lsu this year, and uga just has better athletes. plus we only beat florida once every four tries so there goes that game. (just doing my part... war DAMN eagle)

235354[/snapback]

Yeah, but they need some confidence. Maybe the coaches will "keep them in their place" and keep them humbled.

235401[/snapback]

Remember 03 is all I need to know.

235354[/snapback]

235401[/snapback]

235490[/snapback]

I agree, the only reading the players should be doing is in the classroom.

235354[/snapback]

235401[/snapback]

235490[/snapback]

'03 had nothing to do with a big head.... it had to do with a miserable offense that had a lackluster approach.

I was hoping most of you had confidence in the players that Tuberville brings to this program. It'd be nice to have the media say great things about our team, and play to that level. Teams such as USC have great things said about them and yet they still play to that level. This is the difference between the media loving you, or not giving you a chance at a BCS title game.

Archived