Tide player arrested

vatz22au

..uhh...hate to throw water on a serious flame war, but getting back to the original topic:

Any updates on Juwan? This is the last article I saw:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil...3680.xml&coll=1

On the serious side, I hate to see any young person in trouble, particular a young person blessed with great possibilities,

but, on the humorous side, I did sort of like the SPUAT acronym and it was beginning to fade a bit since the last "Scandal(s)"--

The felony has been reduced, but he still faces 3 charges. If he was driving his own car, then I don't see him getting out of the concealed weapons charge or the mj charge.

The felony has been reduced, but he still faces 3 charges.    If he was driving his own car, then I don't see him getting out of the concealed weapons charge or the mj charge.

236633[/snapback]

You’re kidding right?

He has one of the best Lawyers in the state, isn’t this the same guy that got Scruchy (sp?) off?

And he is also the senior leader coming back to the bama D that lost 7 other starters.

You know this will be swept.

But he will know "Every step at bryant denny" personally. ;)

Good for him, since the felony charges were reduced, he should probably only be down to a 2 game suspension. The SEC championship and the Fiesta Bowl will not see Juwuan Simpson on the field.

You guys want to start a pool on whether he starts the first game? I say he will.

236666[/snapback]

Maybe we should make this a sticky.

I say he not only starts but he is also out on the field for the coin toss as a captain.

:lol:

Better yet who knows how to make this a poll?

Good for him, since the felony charges were reduced, he should probably only be down to a 2 game suspension.  The SEC championship and the Fiesta Bowl will not see Juwuan Simpson on the field.

236664[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

All of this reminds me of the joke about the man who approached a woman and offers her $500,000 to sleep with him. She immediately accepted. He then offers her $50 to sleep with him. She slaps the man and exclaims; "What kind of a woman do you think I am?" He replies; "You've proven what kind of woman you are; we're just negotiating the price now!"

$500 gun, not a $500 gun; his car, not his car....does any of that really matter?

:no:

All of this reminds me of the joke about the man who approached a woman and offers her $500,000 to sleep with him.  She immediately accepted.  He then offers her $50 to sleep with him.  She slaps the man and exclaims; "What kind of a woman do you think I am?"  He replies; "You've proven what kind of woman you are; we're just negotiating the price now!"

$500 gun, not a $500 gun; his car, not his car....does any of that really matter?

:no:

236676[/snapback]

What's the odds the girl takes "Ownership" of the pot?

I agree...the price of the gun should have no bearing on the situation as far as his football punishment is concerned.

I agree...the price of the gun should have no bearing on the situation as far as his football punishment is concerned.

236680[/snapback]

But can you honestly say that you think it will not have any bearing?

236680[/snapback]

But can you honestly say that you think it will not have any bearing?

236684[/snapback]

I can see this thing heading in the same direction as so many other incidents that involve college football players. This thing is already starting to be rationalized until, guess what, "the charges will be dropped." How many times have we heard that one. Then everybody goes about their business we forget all about it, and nobody gets in trouble over it.

abrnfanatc, unforunately i think it will have a bearing. People calling into the radio stations down here are already suggesting that if the law doesnt punish Juwan and Shula does...then shula is a racist.

So Mike is now in a really tough situation. If his actions arent going to carry a heavy penalty from the law...what can he do? I honestly think Juwan should still be punished heavily. Either way, Simpson has put Shula in a terrible situation. He's damned if he does or doesnt.

I wonder where the lawyer's fee is coming from. I hear that he is a very good and very high priced lawyer. Probably doing this free gratis. What a crock !!! Does he have ties to uat?? If so, can he represent him for free or is this an example of special benefits given to an athlete???

I wonder where the lawyer's fee is coming from. I hear that he is a very good and very high priced lawyer. Probably doing this free gratis. What a crock !!! Does he have ties to uat?? If so, can he represent him for free or is this an example of special benefits given to an athlete???

236705[/snapback]

All of this should remind everyone that nothing has changed in west vance. Just more of the same old...same old. :moon:

All of this should remind everyone that nothing has changed in west vance. Just more of the same old...same old. :moon:

236713[/snapback]

You are just drawn to :ua: aren't you, don't fight it man :big:

236713[/snapback]

You are just drawn to :ua: aren't you, don't fight it man :big:

236724[/snapback]

The same way that You are drawn to look when you pass a car wreck. You know it'll be ugly, but you just can't help it.

abrnfanatc, unforunately i think it will have a bearing. People calling into the radio stations down here are already suggesting that if the law doesnt punish Juwan and Shula does...then shula is a racist.

So Mike is now in a really tough situation. If his actions arent going to carry a heavy penalty from the law...what can he do? I honestly think Juwan should still be punished heavily. Either way, Simpson has put Shula in a terrible situation. He's damned if he does or doesnt.

236699[/snapback]

It's a shame, but I could see that coming as soon as I heard who he had retained. Sucks to be CMS in this instance.

If I read correctly, the reason he was pulled over was because of his weaving or other problematic driving. Was a bllod/urine/breath test done? Why is there no mention of any trafic violation citations or DUI issues??

Archived