Question on Democratic

Shug2003

A few days ago someone asked me WHO was trying to reform the Democratic Party to identify more with middle America and American values. Try This!

http://pdamerica.org/policy/plan.php

Secondly, the issue of line item veto was raised. Well, fine and dandy but even Republicans would do well to realize they will not control the White House, House and Senate forever and when the s hoe is on the other foot--how would you like the line item veto? I'll bet I KNOW! :no:

Abolishing the Federal Reserve and the IRS would solve many of the problems that plague our governing body. Printing Treasury Notes instead of Federal Reserve Notes would help. These steps would accomplish constraints on spending with a balance budget (NO MORE PORK). It would not do everything, but it would be a great start.

Secondly, the issue of line item veto was raised. Well, fine and dandy but even Republicans would do well to realize they will not control the White House, House and Senate forever and when the s hoe is on the other foot--how would you like the line item veto? I'll bet I KNOW! :no:

236649[/snapback]

It does not matter which party is in power. If the line item veto is used with the good of the entire country in mind, then fine. If it were used in a partisan way then shame on the president that did it, no matter which party. That is my problem with many politicians, they put their party and their pork above the good of the US as a whole.

A few days ago someone asked me WHO was trying to reform the Democratic Party to identify more with middle America and American values. Try This!

236649[/snapback]

So you think this bunch represents middle America and American values? :no::no:

ASK YOUR CONGRESS MEMBER TO SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY 

ASK YOUR CONGRESS MEMBER TO SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY

John Conyers has introduced a bill to create a select committee to investigate possible crimes and make recommendations regarding grounds for impeachment.

Ask your Congress Member to support these efforts!

There is a lot of main stream America thinking along those lines. :blink::blink:

http://capwiz.com/pdamerica/issues/alert/?...8329176&type=CO

Crisis in Sudan

Stop the Genocide in Darfur 

A year ago, PDA asked our members to contact Congress to stop the genocide in Darfur. Congress acknowledged the genocide and voted to condemn it.

This time we are asking you to ask them to do more, much more, to stop the violence in Sudan.

This crime against humanity must come to an end. Take action now to stop the killing.

So invading Iraq was bad but invading Darfur would be OK? Genocide in Iraq and Afganistan was OK so the US should not have steped in.

Tell Congress: Don't Attack Iran

It is wrong for the United States to attack other countries without provocation. It is criminal to attack other countries based on lies cooked up in the bowels of the White House. It is hypocritical and lacking of all humanity to even think of using a nuclear weapon against Iran in order to prevent that country from developing nuclear weapons.

So you guys have no problem with Iran having nuclear weapons?

The Families Devastated by Katrina Need PDA’s Support NOW!

Stop the ongoing devastation of Katrina’s victims at the hands of President Bush

:roflol: You guys will be lost when Bush is out of office in two years. :roflol:

Nuclear Test Rehearsal in Nevada June 2

Cancel Divine Strake Detonation 

The Department of Defense is planning to detonate a 700-ton bomb at the Nevada Test Site on June 2, 2006 as part of its research into the development of new nuclear weapons.

Under no circumstances should the military develop new weapons! That is what they are really saying isn't it?

Saturday Day: - The focus of the Saturday sessions is to explore specific core liberal values through in-depth lectures and participatory discussions.

Sunday Day: - Trainings and sessions organized by Latinos For America, San Diego for Democracy, and Root Camp include Campaign Training, Precinct Operations, Internet Organizing, and Organizational Fusing

link

The 3rd Annual DemocracyFest event will be bigger and better than ever. Building on the experience of the past, and bringing new energy, San Diego for Democracy's plans for this year promises to be another fabulous event! As usual, DemocracyFest will feature the fantastic training capabilities of Latinos for America, grassroots training and speakers from Root Camp, fantastic guest speakers, panels, entertainment and events provided by the host committee (San Diego for Democracy) and as if that weren't enough, a Saturday night full of great food, great entertainment, and great speakers!

http://www.democracyfest.us/index.php?main_page=about_us

Oh yeah, they will have bowling and volleyball as well.

Will you be attending Shug? If so, when you get back give us a report.

Hey, I just might Mike. At least I wouldn't be staying home reading the blogs and searching the papers for Republican propoganda to saturate the web site with while criticising others of a different viewpoint. By the way, you curt answer on the line item veto reaks of a sixth grader and there was nothing in the comment that everyone didn't already feel like or know. Just my 2 cents.

Hey, I just might Mike. At least I wouldn't be staying home reading the blogs and searching the papers for Republican propoganda to saturate the web site with while criticising others of a different viewpoint. By the way, you curt answer on the line item veto reaks of a sixth grader and there was nothing in the comment that everyone didn't already feel like or know. Just my 2 cents.

236787[/snapback]

See Shug there is the hypocrisy seen so often from the left (and saying that, I don't leave out the right). You accuse me of criticizing "others of a different viewpoint". That is not what I was doing. You held that group up as "identify more with middle America and American values." Which was either a grand mistake or an out and out lie, I don't know which. But it could have been you merely spreading leftist propaganda. Only you know the answer. I just went to their web site to see what they had to say. Then when I point out that they don't actually "identify more with middle America and American values.", like you said, you get your panties balled up.

If I had really wanted to be curt and criticizing , I would have pointed out spelling mistakes in your post that a sixth grader would not have made. But I won't do that.

236649[/snapback]

You did say that didn't you? Do you stand by that statement?

Yeah sure MIke, I suppose your comment "they will have bowling and volleyball as well" is not an immature, cutting, and infantile comment? Sure it is. As for my spelling, yes, you did get that low despite the fact that I have a PHD and just overlooked my spelling. Anyhow, I'll try to do better. For now however, I won't get into your name calling and policy cooking game anymore and will try to limit my comments to real issues and facts as I SEE THEM.

As for your earlier challenge that the demos have no better ideas well try this:

1. First Democrats are proposing a "pay as you go" policy in regard to the federal budget. This was in effect during the 1990's and led to budgetary surpluses. In contrast, during the Bush Presidency, the pay-as-you-go rule were suspended by Republicans and our national debt has doubled to a staggering $9 trillion.

2.Democrats vow to bring to the floor a proposal to raise the minimum wage. The wealthiest 10 percent of Americans have become much richer during the Bush years, but the working classes have actually struggled. A higher minimum wage would help those people who need it most.

3. Democrats have promised to reopen the Medicare drug bill and insert provisions that allow the Federal Government to bargain for better prices with the pharmaceutical companies. This measure, which was blocked by republicans, would save hundreds of millions of our tax dollars. The Bush plan is a sellout to the major pharmaceutical companies and benefits seniors and poor people little.

4. Finally, the democratic party is ready to declare America energy independent in the next 10 years.

People are tired of massive deficits, undeclared wars based upon faulty OR deceptive intelligence and a secretive and corrupt Republican Party as shown by new corruptness charges almost daily reaching to the top of the present Administration and historically low ratings for Bush and his policies. Repubics can spin this any way they want but the truth will come out.

Yeah sure MIke, I suppose your comment "they will have bowling and volleyball as well" is not an immature, cutting, and infantile comment? Sure it is. As for my spelling, I'll try to do better. For now however, I won't get into your name calling and policy cooking game anymore and will try to limit my comments to real issues and facts as I SEE THEM.

236877[/snapback]

THEY had bowling and volleyball listed on THEIR website. Maybe if you checked out their site a little better you would know.

As for your earlier challenge that the demos have no better ideas well try this:

236877[/snapback]

That has been a while, when exactly did I make that challenge?

People are tired of massive deficits, undeclared wars based upon faulty OR deceptive intelligence and a secretive and corrupt Republican Party as shown by  new corruptness charges almost daily reaching to the top of the present Administration

236877[/snapback]

Almost daily? Who? When? Provide links please.

How's this for starters MIKE!

Bush Administration Bracket:

1. President George W. Bush: President Bush has spent the past year dodging ethics questions surrounding his party and his Administration. His Interior Department has become mired in the Jack Abramoff investigation, one of his White House aides was arrested for making false statements to an ethics officer, and another is accused of lying in connection to the investigation of the leaking of a CIA agent's name in the time of war. Many of his top fundraisers have either been accused of or plead guilty to corruption charges including Jack Abramoff, Tom Noe, and Ralph Reed. Bush also spent the early part of 2006 denying that he ever knew Abramoff, all the while knowing that he had met with him and his clients on multiple occasions. [Vanity Fair, 4/06; CBS, 10/28/05; Time, 2/11/06; DOJ Release, 9/19/05; Columbus Dispatch, 02/13/06]

2. Vice President Dick Cheney: Referred to by the USA Today as the "Velcro veep" because of his central role in most all of the Administration's problems, Vice President Cheney has been implicated in the leaking of a CIA agent's identity during a time of war. Cheney is also a central figure in the effort to manipulate pre-war intelligence, has triggered great concern because of his ongoing ties to Halliburton, and spearheaded a secret energy task force that recommended huge tax cuts for Cheney's friends in the oil and gas industry. [uSA Today, 12/5/05; New York Times, 1/30/01; New Yorker, 10/27/03; Associated Press, 7/18/02]

3. Former Cheney Chief of Staff Scooter Libby: Former Cheney protege and chief of staff for his White House office, Libby was indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice late last year, in connection with the special counsel's investigation into the West Wing's leaking of the identity of a CIA agent during a time or war for political purposes. [CBS, 10/28/05]

4. Former White House Procurement Chief David Safavian: The Bush Administration's chief contracting and procurement official at OMB, David Safavian, was arrested on charges of making false statements to an ethics official, making false statements to the General Services Agency's Inspector General, and obstruction of a GSA-IG investigation. Safavian's made false statements when asked about a golf trip he took to Scotland with Republican mega-lobbyist Jack Abramoff and Republican Congressman Bob Ney. [DOJ Release, 9/19/05]

House Bracket

1. Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay: DeLay was forced to resign his position as Republican House Majority Leader after being indicted for money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. DeLay was involved in a scheme to launder $190,000 in corporate contributions through an arm of the Republican National Committee in Washington to Republican candidates in Texas, where the use of corporate money in political campaigns is strictly prohibited. DeLay has also come under scrutiny in the Abramoff investigation, traveling to Scotland, Russia, and the Marianas Islands with Abramoff, and helping his clients with various Congressional actions in return. [Washington Post, 10/03/05].

2. Former Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham: After the revelation of an astonishing corruption scheme, Cunningham recently began an eight year prison sentence after he pleaded guilty to taking $2.4 million in bribes in return for political favors on behalf of a defense contractor. [AP, 3/4/06]

3. Ohio Congressman Bob Ney: Ney has the honor of being named in Jack Abramoff's indictment, as "Representative Number 1". Ney has come under scrutiny for accepting a trip for himself to golf in Scotland, trips to Florida and the Pacific for his staff, and donations in his name to the NRCC. In exchange, Ney awarded a contract to an Abramoff client after a questionable process, made floor statements favorable to an Abramoff business deal, and attempted to insert language helping an Abramoff client into a voting rights bill. [Washington Post, 9/28/04; Washington Post, 12/26/04; The Hill, 3/3/05; Washington Post, 11/18/04]

4. Florida Congresswoman Katherine Harris: Harris was recently identified as "Representative B" in the plea agreement of Mitchell Wade CEO of MZM corporation and one of the individuals who bribed Congressman Duke Cunningham. In the plea agreement Harris is said to have met with Wade personally after receiving a large number of illegal donations from him and his employees. Harris then attempted to win federal appropriations for MZM Corp. at the behest of Wade. [sarasota Herald-Tribune, 2/26/06; Justice Department Release, 2/23/06]

Senate Bracket

1. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist: The U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission are both investigating whether or not questionable stock sales by Senator Majority Leader Bill Frist amounted to illegal insider trading. Frist has claimed that he was not involved in managing his vast holdings in the health care company his father founded, since he entered the Senate. But it turns out Frist ordered the sale of his holdings just weeks before the company's stock price plummeted. Frist's brother controlled up to $1.5 million more of Frist's company stock in a previously undisclosed partnership. [New York Times, 9/27/05; AP, 10/12/05]

2. Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum: Besides being the Republican's point man in the Senate on the K street project, the Republican effort to install their allies in key lobbying positions, Santorum has run into personal ethics problems. Santorum received a $500,000 loan for his home in Virginia from the bank of one of his campaign donors. The bank advertises itself as a independent private bank that only loans to its affluent investors; however, Santorum has never had an investment portfolio with the bank. It was also revealed that Santorum's Political Action Committee has spent only 18.1 percent of the money it has raised on candidates, the rest of the money going to unusual charges - mostly to fast food restaurants, Starbucks, and retailers. [phillynews.com, 2/21/06; Roll Call, 3/1/06]

3. Montana Senator Conrad Burns: Conrad Burns was the largest single benefactor of Jack Abramoff's generosity. Burns' most high-profile action for Abramoff was securing funding for a school for an affluent tribal client of Abramoff's, through a grant program that was designed for poor tribes. [AP, 3/1/05; tray.com]

4. Arizona Senator John McCain: A reputed champion of campaign finance reform, John McCain just hired the middleman in Tom DeLay's money laundering scheme. McCain hired Terry Nelson, the deputy chief of staff for the Republican National Committee when DeLay allegedly conspired to launder corporate money to Texas political candidates through the RNC, as a senior advisor to McCain's Straight Talk America PAC. Nelson is alleged to have negotiated the transfer of funds with Texans for a Republican Majority executive director John Colyandro and Jim Ellis, who ran Americans for a Republican Majority. McCain, who launched an investigation into Jack Abramoff's lobbying practices, declared he would not look into the obviously questionable actions of Republican Members of Congress or Senators. [AP, 11/17/05; Roll Call, 3/10/05; Austin American-Statesman, 9/14/05; Travis County District Court Bill of Indictment, Thomas Dale DeLay, 9/28/05; CQ Weekly, 3/20/2004; San Antonio Express-News, 3/15/2004; Austin American-Statesman, 2/26/2004; FEC,4/8/2004; Texas Ethics Commission, 4/8/2004]

Pioneers & Rangers Bracket

1. Jack Abramoff: Bush Pioneer and former Republican mega-lobbyist Jack Abramoff, recently plead guilty to a range of federal and state corruption and fraud charges. Abramoff confessed to contributing to and directing donations to Republican Members of Congress, in exchange for Congressional action on behalf of his clients. Abramoff also used his status as a major Bush fundraiser to gain access to the Bush Administration, including access to the White House and its staff. [Vanity Fair, 4/06]

2. James Tobin: Bush Ranger and former NRSC regional political director James Tobin was convicted of conspiring to illegally jam the phone banks of the Democratic Party and labor organizations on Election Day during the 2002 Senate race between former NH Governor Jean Shaheen (D) and John E. Sununu ®. [Manchester Union Leader, 8/13/05]

3. Tom Noe: Bush pioneer Tom Noe has been indicted on 53 felony counts stemming from his involvement in a scheme that bilked the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation out of $13 million. The charges, including 11 counts of theft, 11 counts of money laundering, 8 counts of tampering with records, and 22 counts of forgery, could carry a maximum sentence of 175 years in prison. [Toledo Blade, 02/13/06]. These follow Noe's indictment last year on federal charges of illegally funneling $45,400 to President Bush's 2004 campaign. [Columbus Dispatch, 02/13/06]

4. Georgia Lt. Gov. Candidate Ralph Reed: Not only has Reed been subpoenaed by the Senate Indian Affairs committee as part of its investigation into Jack Abramoff, federal investigators are also looking into a $4 million payment that Abramoff made to Reed. Reed was a key player in the president's reelection operation and raised more than $300,000 for Bush's two presidential campaigns in 2000 and 2004. [Washington Post, 4/27/05; 4/22/05]

AND YOUR LINKS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, we just might add House Speaker Dennis Hastert sometime soon. Mike, you keep dodging and spinning the fact that public opinion does not reflect your love affair with George Bush or the Republican Party which I think is funnnnnnnnny!

You have to go back to the Nixon Administration (another Repubic) to find corruption and cronyism to equal the present scale.

That's great research SHUG. Now let's go back to the beginning, to your original statement.

236649[/snapback]

You did say that didn't you? Do you stand by that? Is it your contention that this group identifies with middle America and American values?

You have been dodging my question for several days. Attack, lie and mischaracterize all you want, but answer the question.

I haven't spun or dodged anything SHUG. You hijacked your own thread in order to bash Bush and Republicans, that is what is funny. Go back thru this thread SHUG, I have not attacked anyone, not you, not your lib website, not dims. But you have gone out of your way to attack me and mischaracterize what I have said.

What it all boils down to is you want to rant about Republicans, which is fine, you have every right to. I have never said you didn't and couldn't. BUT you also want to make claims that are out and out lies. And you know it. You also seem to get your panties balled up when you are questioned about your statements. If you just want to rant and not discuss anything, just say so and I will not respond to your post, even when you are spreading leftist democrat propaganda.

See I am really easy to get along with.

Well Mike, since you seem hell bent and determined to "validating" my comment I have to tell you that I for one, am determined to reform the democratic party. There are others and given enough time I WILL respond to YOUR CONSTANT RIBBING as a Republican which you claim you are not. (Fairness, yes?) Others are also beginning to see your "constant slant" toward the Repubics and I suppose I have become the "devils advocate" by default which I welcome. I will take issue with those who eagerly embrace the ideology of any party without question when this nation is in such sad state of affairs and welcome the opportuntiy to challenge them on any issue that is crucial to my country's survival.I WILL get back to you Mike you and your Repubic cronies can count on it! Meanwhile"

A letter to your Rebubic friends who MAY support the Immigration reform bill as well as the Democrats to show I am NOT biased like you!

I would like to urge you to oppose certain provisions in the recently approved Senate version of the Immigration Reform Bill. 1. Amnesty OR Temporary Worker Program by any other name. This provision not only rewards illegal behavior but also creates a temporary work program which is neither temporary nor work based. Senator Kennedy's amendment would allow some 200,000 immigrants who cross the border and work just 6 days a year (including self employment) to qualify for a green card. This bill, if passed as approved in the Senate, would result in what some estimate to be an unprecedented wave of immigrants into the country of 66 million over 20 years. Senator Sessions conducted a study which every house member should at least read before voting on this bill. This bill, as written is irresponsible and dangerous to the country. The Senate rejected Senator Ensign's amendment which would have prevented social security benefits from being awarded to immigrants for time they had worked illegally in the United States. If the immigration bill is enacted as approved by the Senate, some 12 million illegal workers would be able to use their past illegal work to qualify for Social Security benefits which Bush and the Republicans already claim is on its way to being BROKE! Is this responsible and what kind of message does this send to our Seniors as well as those voters who are nearing retirement. Hey, they will NOT forget this vote and who voted and how they voted. This bill would increase the already high cost of health care in this country and increase long term federal spending by some 50 billion a year while hurting small businesses. Finally Senator,immigrants SHOULD BE REQUIRED to learn to speak and read English! When is the last time you visited a foreign country and they accomodated you by speaking English. This is not even true in Mexico for crying out loud! This presents huge problems for emergency workers, law enforcement, repair people, telephone workers, etc. that it seems you haven't thought about. In the final analysis, the Republican Party is SUPPOSED to stand for low taxes, restrained spending, and fairness and the Democratic Party is supposed to stand for the working class and the average american, but This bill and this President has failed the American people on all counts and they KNOW IT. Please have the courage to stand up for America for a change and not special interests, cheap labor, and hispanic votes which you may not get anyway. We are watching :angry:

Let the readers of this web site read this and then judge whether or not the Repubics hung the moon or not! ;)

By the way MIKE, since you have seen fit to continue to attack and challenge me on Democratic Reform, I am pointing out that you have evaded the issue of Bush's constant slide on the scale of public approval.......Could it be that the majority of the American Public are misinformed (as you will probably claim) or is it that they just don't like Bush or his policies anymore? (What a concept for you to have to face, but you will in 08) Truth is, the American people are sick and tired of his cronyism, his appointment of incompetent individuals to oversee key departments of Government, and they are sick and tired of his IGNORING the will of the American People on the War, Social Security, Drug Plan, Immigration etc. You have met your match on ideology sport. so keep it up so I can at least put forth another opinion and ideology for the readers to choose from. That would an improvement from your earlier attempt at :poke: Republican brainwashing of young college minds.

By the way MIKE, since you have seen fit to continue to attack and  challenge me on Democratic Reform,

237130[/snapback]

You need to take a refresher course on reading comprehension, I have not attacked you on dimocratic reform. I asked you a question about a statement YOU MADE. You have since danced around like a peg legged bear to keep from answering the question. You have since gone out of your way to make things personal. You can stop now, I don't go out with men. You can't even tell a damn lie and get it straight can you?

SHUG the mind reader.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!

Could it be that the majority of the American Public are misinformed (as you will probably claim)

237130[/snapback]

Could it be that the majority of the American Public are misinformed (as you will probably claim) or is it that they just don't like Bush or his policies anymore? (What a concept for you to have to face, but you will in 08)

237130[/snapback]

You heard it hear first folks BUSH WILL LOOSE THE 2008 ELECTION!

and they are sick and tired of his IGNORING the will of the American People on the War,

237130[/snapback]

You mean like Cindy Sheehan? Or the socialists and communists organizations who (for the most part) have been leading and organizing the anti war movement? You mean like the hypocrites whose website you linked to who are anti Iraq war but want the US to do something about the genocide in Darfur? How do you expect anything to be done in Darfur without military intervention? A UN resolution? Yeah those murdering pecker heads listen to the UN don't they?

You have met your match on ideology sport. so keep it up so I can at least put forth another opinion and ideology for the readers to choose from. That would an improvement from your earlier attempt at  :poke: Republican brainwashing of young college minds.

237130[/snapback]

Finally the truth, you have identified yourself as a leftist dimocrat ideologue, good for you. ;)

Yes, Mike I do consider myself to be a moderate Democrat who is unhappy with the direction and policy my Party has taken in recent years. But I'll be damn if I'll abandon the Party when I can work with others who are interested in reforming the party and I don't have to accont to you or anyone else who they are. If you were really interested, you would surf the web for those groups rather than cut me. By the way Mike, you have shown that you are a REPUBLICAN too, and like many others, you are totally out of touch with what the people of the U.S. want from this Administration who has seemingly abandoned them, and are too stubborn to admit it. ;) I've made my points of the war, Social Security (which Republicans have always considered to be a give-away program, until they needed it) the prescription drug program (which has seniors all over the country confused and dismayed) corruption on a scale not seen since Nixon, and a national debt such as we have not seen before. Yell all you want Mike, but these are those FACTS you seem to always demand from me, and not opinions, and you have done a pretty fancy dance act around the national poll issue which you will probably CLAIM is controlled by the liberal media. ;) Oh yes, one more FACT! IF the Republicans are so RIGHT, then why is it that after nearly 6 years of total dominance of the White House and both sides of the aisle, things are not as good as they were during the Clinton administration? Yep, just blame it on 9/11, the War (which George started) natural economic cycles, etc.

Republicans can NEVER accept blame for anything.

This is my final post to take issue with you on anything because you are the type who wants the last word, just like King George and his court. I will, however, if permitted, continue to present FACTS from the "other side of the fence" to insure fairness and objectivity which apparently you don't like. ;)

Shug, it appears you need a little more fiber in your diet.

I only asked a question about your statement and never once asked or implied that you should "account to me or anyone else".

You still haven't answered the only question. Since you appear to be stuck in belligerent mode, I will ask the question again.

Do you still contend that those folks "represents middle America and American values?"

You scream and yell about facts, facts, facts, but you fail to acknowledge the FACT that you will not answer the simple question. The FACT is you are and have been on a rant and have actually presented very little fact.

No one cares if you present facts, articles, opinions, rants, jokes or anything else. But don't get so caught up in your jihad against me that you will not answer questions. Just answer the damn question said Tigermike to the peg legged dancing bear.

PS - I could care less about getting in the last word. I just want you to answer the question. If that is too harsh and too mean spirited for your delicate sensibilities, I apologize. So please answer the question, does that make you feel better?

No Mike, I will NOT answer your question, now or later, because you have done no less than dance around the polls issue which says YOUR MAN and YOUR PARTY doesn't represent Middle America anymore either! So there! :no: Make you feel better that you claim you won and take your little ball and run home to mama. ;)

So we should all conclude that when you go on a rant and make wild patently false statements that you are not willing to step to the plate and back them up? Talk about little balls!

Archived