Recruiting Question

TigerMom

I taught at the largest high school in South Carolina. Home of the winningest High School Football coach. One of my students is the kicker. He will be a Senior next year. He is INCREDIBLE! Not only is he a wonderful student ( honor roll, AP classes), he is a wonderful upstanding Christian young man who comes from a very nice family. His father coaches at the HS too. He has been the outstanding kicker for the SC All-State team for the last 3 years. I have seen him make a 53 yarder! At the end of school he was filling out applications and I saw an envelope with AU on it. I asked if he was interested and he smiled and said he was interested in any ACC or SEC school who would look at him. He wants to go into Pre-Med. He has family in Tennessee and so they have looked at him and so has Vanderbilt. He wouldn't mind Vandy based on the academics. His father says that FSU and NC State are very impressed with him and both say they will offer a scholarship this Fall. How can I get AU folks to look at this young man? I am not in SC and don't have access to any film. All I can say is he is an incredible young man with a lot of talent. AU would be a wonderful fit for him. He did mention if all the women at AU were as pretty as my daughter he would be here in a second! I would hate for Vandy to get him and then be in the stands when he kicks the winning field goal! Any suggestions as to who I should give his name to? Thanks!

trust me on this one: if he goes to vandy he won't be kicking the winning field goal against us anytime soon!

A few suggestions:

1. have him send in some tape (not scotch, but film footage)

2. have his coach call the au staff, they should have connections

3. have him call the au staff and mention that he is looking to make a visit

4. remember that not many kickers get schollys, plus we signed one this year. au may not be the place for hime, but if it is and he is good enough and does the suggestions mentioned above, the coaches at au will make sure it happens

From the description you provided of him, the AU coaches probably already know him. We have had quite a few good players out of SC, so they do recruit the area.

P.S. Is your daughter single?

239527[/snapback]

Or is there a picture? :big:

239528[/snapback]

Ok guys settle down. Sorry. On a serious note though, How old is she? :roflol:

239527[/snapback]

Or is there a picture? :big:

239528[/snapback]

Ok guys settle down. Sorry. On a serious note though, How old is she? :roflol:

239619[/snapback]

She's going to Auburn right now? does she have a facebook? I live in the Southern edge..let her know

:lol:

Archived