AU freshman most likely to play

BamaGrad03

Alright...a little diversion from the volleys in the other threads

Of AU's incoming freshmen...which is most likely to see a LOT of playing time this coming season...and why? Ill make it harder too...no juco transfers, no redshirt freshmen.

My vote is either Benjamin Tate or Bryant Miller

Of AU's incoming freshmen...which is most likely to see a LOT of playing time this coming season...and why? Ill make it harder too...no juco transfers, no redshirt freshmen.

242872[/snapback]

Tim Hawthorne.

242872[/snapback]

Tim Hawthorne.

242873[/snapback]

What he said.

They were pretty high on Eddins, also. He supposedly will be our David Pollack before he leaves AU. I don't see him escaping a redshirt year, however, especially since Greg Smith is now eligible.

All indications are that Hawthorne is an impact player, now. He is coming in when the competition for playing time at WR will be at an all time high. Every body will get a look, so if he can come in and impress, he has a good chance of PT this year.

However, we have reach the point of reloading rather than rebuilding. I think you will see it increasingly hard for true freshmen to come in and play right away at AU. Even the highest rated recruits will have to show an unusual amount of maturity and skill to avoid the redshirt year. I think it is a testament to the kind of players that they recruit, that they know it will be hard to contribute the first year, yet they come anyway. Most of the highest ranked recruits want somewhere they can show out the first year so they don't have to hang around college for four (or five) years.

Tim Hawthorne, Mario Fanin, and Benjamin Tate. I expect Fanin to be moved to WR after a few games. Even though he is a tailback, his speed and talent will be needed more in that position. Similar to what they did with Davis to the RB position last year.

Smith, Hawthorne, Tate. I think they want Tate broken in as fast as possible.

242892[/snapback]

Agreed the only one I might add is Eddins, if Greg Smith doesn't show up in football shape he could see some playing time.

Hawthorne has been the one CTT has said will more than likely be playing this year as a true freshman. He hasn't mentioned Eddins, although it seems he might with a need for depth on the DL??

Archived