Blackmon grabs some hype

vatz22au

Named to CFN's Redshirt Freshman All-American team:

LB Tray Blackmon, Auburn – Blackmon was arrested last month for underage drinking, an off-field mistake Tiger fans hope is his last.  He’s undersized, but compensates with lightning lateral quickness and ferocious hits.  Blackmon resumes his battle next month with Merrill Johnson for the right to be named starting weakside linebacker on opening day.

link

if he hits half as hard as I hear he does, he may be the next LB we put in the NFL.

Vatz, if you aren't already in it, you need to join the "Tray Blackmon is going to seriously hurt someone" facebook group. its great.

Anyone else find it somewhat annoying that the first thing they mention is his arrest? I realize that it's now part of who he is, but it isn't the "All-Just-got-arrested" team. He was named to the team for reasons that have to do with football, so why not talk about his football skills and not his recent criminal past?

And the love affair continues with Mark "Dirty" Sanchez of USC who "may not start a game in 2006." Glad he's on the team...he should warm the bench nicely.

Anyone else find it somewhat annoying that the first thing they mention is his arrest?  I realize that it's now part of who he is, but it isn't the "All-Just-got-arrested" team.  He was named to the team for reasons that have to do with football, so why not talk about his football skills and not his recent criminal past?

And the love affair continues with Mark "Dirty" Sanchez of USC who "may not start a game in 2006."  Glad he's on the team...he should warm the bench nicely.

249547[/snapback]

Maybe he will learn a bit from it all.

Archived