What concerns you more?

AURainman

Which would you be more worried about?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you be more worried about?

• an NCAA investigation based on these allegations
    • a SACS investigation based on these allegations

Professor Gundlach stated that he is suprised people are more interested in the NCAA vs. SACS. I thought we'd take an iformal poll to find out what people are most concerned with.

GRADUATES or AUBURN STUDENTS ONLY

I voted for the SACS, b/c if that happens then all the other is moot anyway. I don't think either are going to happen though.

I voted for the SACS, b/c if that happens then all the other is moot anyway.  I don't think either are going to happen though.

250234[/snapback]

I second that notion.

I agree.........I will say that BOTH are very important to Auburn University in todays age. But we all know that 1856 brought about the need for higher learning, not athletics.

Neither happens because there is really just not that much their. Petee likely reassigned, resigns, or demoted.

Neither happens because there is really just not that much their. Petee likely reassigned, resigns, or demoted.

250304[/snapback]

I don't even think that will happen. What I think will come around is that notice will be taken on how students feel about him as a instructor (which wasn't good before this started), they will look at the number of professors and class offering in the department vs the demand and find it to be severly lacking (which is it is). Consideration will be taken due to the fact that he has reduced the number of those class by a significant number. Others that have spoken about him have said that he is a excellent instructor and well respected by collegues in his field. He might be scolded for being to liberal with the grading and taking on too much.

What will come out is what is true, that the department is under-staffed and that without the IS classes students ability to graduate in a timely manner would be inhibited. From what I have heard from students that were soc majors in the class I took combined with the fact there are like 3 full time instructors for that major that department needs some help. The university will then make some announcement on changes that they will implent to rectify the situation. They will also probably review and publish a set of rules dealing with IS type classes that they will turn into SAC's for approval. Which could mean a stricter view by universities and SAC's on IS classes.

Looking at other universities printed rules dealing with classes of that nature, one of the other profs saying that it wasn't unusal to do major classes through atlernate means due to class availability, and the fact that noone has any legal right to tell a instructor how to grade or teach or what to assign there isn't a problem.

I think that Wades post addressed the real problem that is behind this entire situation.

The real problem here IMHO was that the Crim and Soc depts were merged.

Maybe Petee stays over Crim. and they split it back up? Give it to Gundlach? Whatever you want to say about him as a Prof, ultimately he was right about the high number of DRs. He could have done without dragging the athletic dept into it but then the NYT would never given a rats patooty if he hadnt.

While SACS probation would look bad, it probably wouldn't affect many departmental/college accredidation standings. ABET certified engineering about 2 years ago just before the SACS mess got fired up, and would probably accredit the program again if SACS comes back after us. Why should the sociology dept affect engineering or other colleges?

Archived