New Committment

quietfan

Has this been reported? I couldn't find a previous thread, but maybe I missed it:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha....xml&coll=2

Chapman, rated the state's No.9 prep football prospect on The Birmingham News' list of Super Seniors, told The News Friday night he plans to sign with Auburn in February. He turned down several SEC schools and Miami.

"I had narrowed it down to Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss," said Chapman, who also listed LSU and Mississippi State high on his schools of interest. "Everything just felt right about Auburn.

"I'm firm. Now that I have this (decision) settled, I can go about the business of helping Hoover win another state championship."

Chapman, who reminds recruiting experts of former Auburn defensive tackle DeMarcus McNeil, has started 29 games for the Bucs over the last two seasons. Hoover's record with him in the lineup is 29-0.

Chapman, who can bench 370 pounds, powerclings 325 and deadlifts 560, patterns himself after NFL star Warren Sapp. It could be his strength and his surprising speed for 280 pounds. It could be that he just likes pounding opponents into submission.

Whatever the reason, Chapman has emerged as one of the top defensive linemen in the Southeast.

Chapman said the Bucs have a strong and very close senior class that is committed to keeping the state (6A) championship in Hoover.

"That has always been my first goal this season," he said. "The recruiting decision was my second goal. I think I can go to Auburn next year and play early." Sunday: Super Senior No.8.

Archived