Carl Stewart?

OKieAuburnDoug

Has Stew bulked up 20 pounds since coming to AUburn or is he getting a lil flab??

If it's muscle he might very well turn into a power back ala RB...although I haven't seen enough of him 2 compare to RB's stuff yet. :cheer::cheer:

Saw him Saturday. I can assure you the extra weight isn't flab.

I really look for the backfield to be much better than it was in '04, especially if the starting tackles stay healthy all year.

It is very, very hard for a RB, or looks like FB in this case, to be flabby at a major Div-1 football program. Even when the football season is not going on, trust me, the coaches are keeping an eye on all the players and the stregth coach is making sure guys are staying in shape. Offseason workouts are mandatory for a reason. A lineman, well they tend to slide a little bit, but a skill position player is not going to be getting flabby unless he does not care anymore and wants to be cut from the team.

I really look for the backfield to be much better than it was in '04, especially if the starting tackles stay healthy all year.

there's more DEPTH but nobody back there right now is close to Caddy or RB...........as of yet.

Pass us all some of what your smoking.

Caddy and RB could both plaster any LB, or secondary player in the SEC(although Caddy got snockered by Thomas Davis!)....the `06 guys,thou good, aren't in the same power class by any stretch!

"What have u done for me lately?" shouldn't override fact.

Just watch

and thenn tell me they are better??(not all are RB plays)

It still amazes me that noone has a clip online of RB breaking 7 tackles jsut to gain 2 yards against LSU... :huh:

Kenny Irons > Carnell Williams, especially towards the end of the '04 season when Williams didn't give it his all, trying instead to get through the season injury-free and secure a high draft pick.

Nobody "is even close to Caddy or RB"

In their junior seasons, in which both split time:

Irons: 256 carries for 1,293 yards, 13 TD's

Williams: 241 carries for 1,307 yards, 17 TD's (6 vs MSU that year)

Williams ran for less than 1,200 his senior season, and I think it's quite foolish to believe Irons will be held that low.

It still amazes me that noone has a clip online of RB breaking 7 tackles jsut to gain 2 yards against LSU... :huh:

I guess if I had a DVR I could post it off the DVD but alas I do not.

I ent through every VHS tape I had and can't find the gametape....

TOTAL yards doesn't mean anything when it comes to comparing Caddy and Irons...Caddy lit up a TON of DBs....Irons isn't big enough to plaster the same guys.....

Irons is a great college RB but he's nowhere near Caddy!

I find that Ronnie, Caddy, & Irons all have different running styles. Ronnie was a very tough, hardhitting RB. Caddy was very flashy and had great quickness... he would also hit the defender before the defender hit him. Irons isn't as fast as Caddy and not as hard hitting as Ronnie, but he seems to possess both qualities at fair levels that makes him sort of a hybrid of both backs.

All three are great backs and after this season... we could be saying all three went in the 1st round.

saniflush,

I meant noone online ANYWHERE..not ripping anyone here.

My jaw dropped on that play! :cheer:

Oh I know....Wasn't taken that way at all. Really more so reasoning to myself that I need to get one.

I find that Ronnie, Caddy, & Irons all have different running styles. Ronnie was a very tough, hardhitting RB. Caddy was very flashy and had great quickness... he would also hit the defender before the defender hit him. Irons isn't as fast as Caddy and not as hard hitting as Ronnie, but he seems to possess both qualities at fair levels that makes him sort of a hybrid of both backs.

All three are great backs and after this season... we could be saying all three went in the 1st round.

You have one of the three backs for one must-win game. All are in their senior season at prime health. Who do you take?

You have one of the three backs for one must-win game. All are in their senior season at prime health. Who do you take?

Caddy because hes my favorite :big: But I wouldn't mind having either of them. All were once, or currently, the best backs in the SEC and the nation.

To ramble further... didn't Kenny get something like 300+ yards against our 2 biggest teams this year? (Georga/LSU) Thats putting up some big time numbers against big time teams.

Tough...but I'll take Ronnie for power runs, speed and receiving skills.

I'll take Kenny Irons - big time back who didn't have as good of an offensive line as we had in 2004 and had a first-year QB, so teams stacked the run more than they did in 2004.

May I make another prediction? You'll soon be talking about Brad Lester in the same light as Carnell Williams.

May I make another prediction? You'll soon be talking about Brad Lester in the same light as Carnell Williams.

I agree... :thumbsup:

i'd take cadillac every day, and twice on gameday. he's the best running back to put on an auburn jersey since bo. i told a friend of mine who's a dolphins fan that ronnie was good, but they missed out on a future hall of famer... and the bears were just silly. they made the ryan leaf pick.

the thing of it is, for all of ronnie's hype and ability, he wasn't the man here. he wasn't the guy coaches HAD TO stop. when he was, for about 6 games in 2002, he did great, but that's not a career. i love ronnie, but i just don't know if could've done what caddy did week in/week out. ronnie is more versatile, but carnell is the better workhorse. so if i gotta take one as a feature back, i'll take carnell (much like i'd take lendale white since bush is a pansy that can't run up the middle... dazzling talent, amazingly versatile, completely incapable of being the man).

as for kenny, he's a man. he takes the licks and hits the homeruns. both ronnie and carnell were a touch faster, but you gotta have props for a guy that calls his own shot against a great defense. kenny's really good possibly even great, but i'd still take the cadillac.

Caddy and RB could both plaster any LB, or secondary player in the SEC(although Caddy got snockered by Thomas Davis!)....the `06 guys,thou good, aren't in the same power class by any stretch!

"What have u done for me lately?" shouldn't override fact.

Just watch

and thenn tell me they are better??(not all are RB plays)

Dang I miss Jim Fyffe!!!

"It is very, very hard for a RB, or looks like FB in this case, to be flabby at a major Div-1 football program."

Relatively speaking, football players ARE a flabby but strong lot (compared to similar built athletes like rowing crew, wrestlers, track sprinters). Not too many flabby WRs or DBs it's true, but for every cut RB, there's 3 Jerome Betis's. We've seen RBs eat their way out of our backfield and a potential career in the NFL over the years, Carl is a keeper and I hope they don't start looking @ him as JUST a blocker, or "3rd string tight-end material".

Archived