OK. For the last time. Bama is Not Back.

quietfan

We will beat UT.

We probably will never beat UF as long as I am alive.

As for AU...err.....I dunno...depends on way too many circumstances before I get to that prediction

Oh geez, I don't know what to say in reply to that.....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama is NOT back until they win the West, imo.

But, with that said, their 10 win season did say something.

Whether their schedule sucked or not, 10 wins is 10 wins even in a 12 game schedule and another bowl game.

But, this is ANOTHER reason why 2006 is so important for Alabama. IMO, it shows how good of a coach Shula is....

I believe Bama will win the West this season. I also believe with UT not being so hot right now, even with Cutcliffe, and UF's monster schedule, Bama and UGA will meet up this December in Atlanta. I also noticed you are a Bulldogs fan. Wear 'em out before you send them our way. Or don't. Either way, we'll beat AU. :poke:

So you guys going to have Darby carry the ball 60 times a game? I understand you have to believe that because it is your team, but c'mon man, the starters and the numbers just don't add up. Anything can happen and to use the old cliche' "that is why they play the games", but it would be a big, big surprise if UAT won the West this year. They don't have the experience or the QB to get by us or LSU.

Whether their schedule sucked or not, 10 wins is 10 wins even in a 12 game schedule and another bowl game.

But, this is ANOTHER reason why 2006 is so important for Alabama. IMO, it shows how good of a coach Shula is....

I believe Bama will win the West this season. I also believe with UT not being so hot right now, even with Cutcliffe, and UF's monster schedule, Bama and UGA will meet up this December in Atlanta. I also noticed you are a Bulldogs fan. Wear 'em out before you send them our way. Or don't. Either way, we'll beat AU. :poke:

So you guys going to have Darby carry the ball 60 times a game?/ I understand you have to believe that because it is your team, but c'mon man, the starters and the numbers just don't add up. Anything can happen and to use the old cliche' "that is why they play the games", but it would be a big, big surprise if UAT won the West this year. They don't have the experience or the QB to get by us or LSU.

I have faith. What more can I have, what more do I need? Numbers work on paper, but don't always translate the same on the field. Brady Quinn was a virtual unknown at the beginning of last year. Now he is the Heisman front runner, and was before spring practice even began. Just one of many examples of why I don't deal in stats and numbers going into the season.

Like you said, it is because Bama is my team. That is why I believe they will win the West. It's not impossible. Quantum Physics says so. ;)

And for the record, the national media is treating Notre Dame as if the are indeed "Back". They had a 9-3 season last year that included a loss to Mich St., one to USC and a bowl loss to OSU. If Bama isn't back, neither are the Irish. And their D isn't exactly stellar.

I think you should sell what you are smoking

Sadly, like most AU fans, PT still doesnt get it. Alabama's season doesnt revolve around beating AU.

And Bama can go 10-2 and it still be a good season. We dont live and die by one game.

Sure you have bragging rights over the game. But that doesnt invalidate an entire season...no matter how bad you want it to.

So it does not bother you that AUBURN is beating Bama on a regular basis? How many consecutive losses to AUBURN will it take for Shula to be on the warm seat?

And for the record, the national media is treating Notre Dame as if the are indeed "Back". They had a 9-3 season last year that included a loss to Mich St., one to USC and a bowl loss to OSU. If Bama isn't back, neither are the Irish. And their D isn't exactly stellar.

Big difference...Notre Dame has a competent coach on their sidelines and they have players that aren't afraid of hitting the weights.

Big difference...Notre Dame has a competent coach on their sidelines and they have players that aren't afraid of hitting the weights.

So Coach Mike Shula is incompetent? Why? Because he isn't Auburn's head coach? Come on, that was weak.

I think you should sell what you are smoking

I smoke Titan Phillies cigars. They are not for resale. I believe that if anyone has the best shot at winning the west, it's LSU. Not Auburn. They are much better than both of our teams. That I will admit.

One rarely sees the entire Notre Dame offensive line facing their own goal line when attempting to block an opponent's defensive rush.

Maybe thats just an Alerbammer thang.

One rarely sees the entire Notre Dame offensive line facing their own goal line when attempting to block an opponent's defensive rush.

Maybe thats just an Alerbammer thang.

Must be. It also must be an NFL thing. I have seen a lot of that this preseason. Those coaches in the NFL must be a bunch of putzes, right?

I haven't a game since last November where all 5 offensive linemen were standing by watching their QB get meared into the turf.

But hey, it really doesn't matter now does it? After all, we aren't Alerbammers rival anymore according to some of your fellow crimsonites.

I haven't a game since last November where all 5 offensive linemen were standing by watching their QB get meared into the turf.

But hey, it really doesn't matter now does it? After all, we aren't Alerbammers rival anymore according to some of your fellow crimsonites.

I never heard that last part. Maybe not our #1 rival any longer. Some considered UT our #1 rival last season. I still do consider AU our #1 rival, and that is why I hate AU so much.

And yes, our O-Line was bad towards the end of the year. I don't know why. I know it had nothing to do with Coach Mike Shula being or not being incompetent. He's not, and it didn't. Bob Connelly is our O-Line coach. He has taken extra measures this season to make sure our O-Line is up to par. Shula recruited for CBC's line, 1 five star, Andre Smith is good enough that he beat out a senior for a spot on the Line. We also had 4 four star recruits this season for the O-Line and 1 3 star. Not to mention, no one has been able to push around Britt this season. We are looking solid.

Anyway, that bad O-Line was last season. It's in the past. We'll see what happens in front of 92,138 + screaming fans at BDS. This is a rivalry game remember, records don't mean jack.

Hell, Mark May even picked Bama to beat Auburn this season, saying that Darby would have his best game of the season on NOV. 18. I'll take it.

10-2 was a great year. It's better than 9-3. Bama was 13 whole points away from being undefeated going into the post season.

10-2 was a great year.

I agree, but it meant litle top anyone else, 3rd in the SEC West is no big feat. We finished Third with CTT during a very very bad year.

Bama was 13 whole points away from being undefeated going into the post season.

You guys were also:

Oct 1, 2005 Alabama Crimson Tide 31, Florida 3

Blew out :uf::thumbsup: Lost Prothro...

Oct 15, 2005 Alabama Crimson Tide 13, Ole Miss 10 (3-8)

Had to kick a last second fg to beat the worst team in the :sec: West.

Take out a 48 td yard run by Darby on a busted play, :om: and :ua: finish in almost a statistical deadheat and you lose to :om:

Oct 22, 2005 Alabama Crimson Tide 6, Tennessee 3 (5-6)

O totaled only 4 yards better than the WORST :ut: team in 18 years.

D saved the day by forcing two fumbles inside the :ua: 10 yd line.

Nov 5, 2005 Alabama Crimson Tide 17, Mississippi State 0 (3-8)

Offense only scored three points. Defense scored 14.

Nov 12, 2005 LSU 16, Alabama Crimson Tide 13

Lost by three in overtime. Didnt score a point after halftime in regulation.

Only got a fg by being given the 25 yd line by ovt rules.

Nov 19, 2005 Auburn 28, Alabama Crimson Tide 18

Out of the game in 10:59 of the first quarter.

2005 Season:

Jan 2, 2006 Alabama Crimson Tide 13, Texas Tech 10

Won by a late FG

Bama was 13 whole points away from being undefeated going into the post season.

Bama was also 3-4 fgs way from being 7-5 or 6-6. The Ole Miss, MSU, Tennessee and Texas Tech games were all very loseable. Ole Miss, Tenessee, and Tech were all one fg games. MSU, if it werent for two turnover for tds, Bama finishes game 3-0 to a 3-8 MSU. So, 3 fgs could be the differnece between 10-2 and 7-5... Just food for thought.

Crimson323, the facts DKW listed above are often referred to as "Check Mate" in an argument. Of course, no one around here really expects a bammer fan to understand such terms. As much as you tahd'ers like to crow about your 10-2 season and finishing #8 in the country, everyone outside Tuscalooser and a multitude of trailer parks across the great state of Alabama see the '05 season for what it was......pure blind luck. Don't believe me? Look where :ua: is ranked right now. What does that tell you about the real world thinks about it?

Now, slither on back to r***t***.com and have someone think up your rebuttal.

Sadly, like most AU fans, PT still doesnt get it. Alabama's season doesnt revolve around beating AU.

According to interviews on my 2005 Iron Bowl DVD, 'hashmark' broddye and demeccio 'shutout' rians believe that it does.

Like Croyle said, though, Alabama could have gone 1-10, and if they'd have beaten Auburn, it would have been all right.

BG, Brodie didn't get the memo.

http://www.clantonadvertiser.com/articles/...ts/c-sports.txt

AU may get 5 in a row, but one loss to them is not as big as a trip to a BCS Bowl for Bama. Sure, I want Bama to embarass AU this season, but I obsess over championships more than I do a rivalry game.

Haven't had much to obsess over lately, have you? Haven't even had much to prepare to obsess about.

YOU may believe this garbage. You and BG, perhaps. But I live all among the bammers and you're lying to yourself and to others if you truly try to cling to the fallacy that Auburn is "just another game" to you people. Over the last decade, trying to measure up to Auburn (and more often than not, failing) has become the be-all, end-all for your program. Anything else you say is just lip service.

GG, I agree. All the bammers I know personally, including my oldest daughter (bama grad) would rather beat Auburn than anything. I think BG, Crimson323 and other bammies here must have penis..........er.........I mean Auburn envy or they wouldn't spend sooooooo much time on an Auburn board doing their crimson spin day after day. You would think sooner or later they would just give it up until bama beats Auburn. When that day comes, I will put up with their rantings because then they will have bragging rights. But I sure as heck won't go on a bama board and make hundreds of posts rationalizing why we lost.

And one thing I can guarantee, if we go into this year's IB 11-0 and lose to bama, I sure won't be running around saying what a great season we had in 2006 with our 11-1 record.

AU may get 5 in a row, but one loss to them is not as big as a trip to a BCS Bowl for Bama. Sure, I want Bama to embarass AU this season, but I obsess over championships more than I do a rivalry game.

Haven't had much to obsess over lately, have you? Haven't even had much to prepare to obsess about.

YOU may believe this garbage. You and BG, perhaps. But I live all among the bammers and you're lying to yourself and to others if you truly try to cling to the fallacy that Auburn is "just another game" to you people. Over the last decade, trying to measure up to Auburn (and more often than not, failing) has become the be-all, end-all for your program. Anything else you say is just lip service.

GG, I agree. All the bammers I know personally, including my oldest daughter (bama grad) would rather beat Auburn than anything. I think BG, Crimson323 and other bammies here must have penis..........er.........I mean Auburn envy or they wouldn't spend sooooooo much time on an Auburn board doing their crimson spin day after day. You would think sooner or later they would just give it up until bama beats Auburn. When that day comes, I will put up with their rantings because then they will have bragging rights. But I sure as heck won't go on a bama board and make hundreds of posts rationalizing why we lost.

And one thing I can guarantee, if we go into this year's IB 11-0 and lose to bama, I sure won't be running around saying what a great season we had in 2006 with our 11-1 record.

Let Shula keep losing to Auburn and see how "important" the game is. Boy denial is a powerful thing.

TigerOne...

Im not saying its not important. It is VERY important. Its the biggest game on our schedule every year.

But losing that one game does not invalidate our entire season.

TigerOne...

Im not saying its not important. It is VERY important. Its the biggest game on our schedule every year.

That's nice. I hope the bama players feel the same way.

TigerOne...

I would have to agree, losing to your rival does not invalidate your season. However, in the case of the IB, losing to your rival generally means that you do not accomplish one of your main goals for the year: getting to, and winning the SEC CG. I would be interested to see how many times the IB loser has made it to the CG, my guess is never.

To sum up:

:thumbsup: to winning 10 games

:thumbsdown: to losing to your rival

:thumbsdown: to not making the SEC CG

To me, anthing less than an SEC crown is a mediocre year. Beating UAT eases the pain, and I'll take 1 less win than my rival so long as I beat them.

Just curious BG, would your rather finished 9-3 with a win over :au: , or keep your 10-win, rival loss season. Not :poke: , just genuinely curious.

WE have finally arrived. uat KNOWS they can't compete and have re-evaluated and reset their sights on UT ! ! !

WE have finally arrived. uat KNOWS they can't compete and have re-evaluated and reset their sights on UT ! ! !

No, you'll lose at BDS this season. 92,138 + screaming fans cannot be wrong. Granted about 5,000 will be barners, but it's not like that will matter anyway. FWIW, you say you have finally arrived. Well it sure took you long enough. How does it feel to catch up with the rest of us?

No, you'll lose at BDS this season. 92,138 + screaming fans cannot be wrong. Granted about 5,000 will be barners, but it's not like that will matter anyway. FWIW, you say you have finally arrived. Well it sure took you long enough. How does it feel to catch up with the rest of us?

Answer....THUMB...Any questions?

:lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

Archived