Miss St, shuffles players

TigerOne

I expect Auburn to not take these guys lightly, it will be a very physical game.

Biggest concern are injuries.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../609050349/1079

MSU shuffles OL deck for Auburn

By By Michael Wallace

mwallace@clarionledger.com

STARKVILLE — Unhappy with the hand he played with on the offensive line in last week's season opener, Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom is again reshuffling the deck.

Croom said Monday he will tweak his offensive line for a third time in a month when the Bulldogs (0-1, 0-1 SEC) face Auburn (1-0, 0-0) Saturday afternoon at Scott Field.

The line was not as effective as Croom hoped it would be in MSU's 15-0 loss to South Carolina last Thursday. State quarterbacks Michael Henig and Tray Rutland were sacked a combined five times and knocked to the ground on several other occasions during the loss.

Henig suffered a broken collarbone in the first half and will miss at least six weeks.

The line changes will include Brian Anderson moving from left tackle, where he started last week, to left guard, his more natural position. Junior college transfer J.D. Hamilton, who was the No. 2 right tackle, will start at left tackle. Craig Jenkins will remain at right tackle and Calvin Wilson will become the "swing man" and will likely be the first substitute on either side.

"We had some guys on offense I was disappointed in," Croom said Monday, without mentioning those players by name. "I've got some concerns about a couple of individuals I will address (in Monday's team meetings). We have to have a sense of urgency on every play. We still haven't reached that point in our execution."

Archived