WE'RE SCREWED!

auburn_eagle34

I can see it now, with Notre Dame's impressive win today(How good is Penn St. really?) they will jump back over us in both polls and the loser of the Texas/OSU game will be seen as a valiant heavy weight who lost a fight neither deserved to lose so they will only fall a few spots to one place ahead of Auburn. Basically, we won't move up as a result of the OSU/Texas loser and will actually slip in the polls because of Notre Dame's win. I know this will happen, we always get screwed. Does anyone see any credibility in my theory?

I can see it now, with Notre Dame's impressive win today(How good is Penn St. really?) they will jump back over us in both polls and the loser of the Texas/OSU game will be seen as a valiant heavy weight who lost a fight neither deserved to lose so they will only fall a few spots to one place ahead of Auburn. Basically, we won't move up as a result of the OSU/Texas loser and will actually slip in the polls because of Notre Dame's win. I know this will happen, we always get screwed. Does anyone see any credibility in my theory?

I see alot of premature whining in your post.

No.

HAH! Reece Davis said that "Notre Dame will obviously move up to #2 in the poll".... What a crock of

she-ite!!! Whine away brothers, we're gonna get jobbed again no matter what!!! :angry:

:au::homer:

USC and ND play, so one of the two should* be below us IF IF IF we win out. However, its smooth sailing for USC from here on out, other than ND. Texas has no one if they somehow pull it out, and OSU only has one, maybe two potential downfalls (not PSU). Then you're looking at USC-OSU in the championship.

All of this is irrelevant now. Save the whining in case it actually happens. The team has to play and beat LSU first.

*Note last year's final poll when a 3 loss ND team was ranked ahead of many 2 loss teams.

I didnt watch the whole game, but neither D was overly impressive to me. OSU looked like they had problems containing the run at times, and UT's secondary was picked on a little. But, not that many points were put up....

USC had several close calls last season. It's a long season. Who knows what will happen. IF AU wins out, they will do it against a tougher schedule than anyone else.

We did in 04 too, according to the NCAA. Now if you look at the obviously flawed Sagrin computer poll, that's a different story. Had LSU not dropped the ball (literally) in their bowl game, AU would have beaten 5 10 win teams (including UT 2x) in a single season. That's never been done in college football to my knowledge.

I see Auburn moving up to a tie with USC at #3 in the polls, Notre Dame at #2, and OSU at #1.

LSU will be at #6, and it will be a Tiger showdown this coming weekend.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!

I would like to apologize for this topic. At the beginning of the night, I was very proud of our tigers but feelining that we would not get the respect we deserved after a strong performance at MSU. Ever since '04, I've felt that winning a national title is more politics than performance so I was paranoid about the whole scenario. All we have to do is win next week against a very strong LSU team and then take it week by week. All we can do is worry about our own schedule and let things take care of themselves. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Another thing. Even when Chizig was at Auburn, I thought his secondaryh was a little scettchy. His schemes relied way to much on pressure and his secondary was very soft in the middle. Other than Carlos Rodgers (great!) we were vulnerable for the underneath dup off if pressure didn't get to the QB. It showed tonight against Troy Smith. OSU is #1 for now.

Well, ASSUMING that we go undfeated (It's a huge assumption on my part), then I think Ohio State's defeat of Texas was the first thing that had to happen for us to go to the Championship game. For nobody was going to challenge Texas in the Big XII. Meanwhile, Notre Dame and OSU will play each other, and USC and Notre Dame play each other. And both ND and OSU play challenging schedules.

Meanwhile, Texas and USC just don't have much on their schedule. USC has Cal (exposed by UT), and USC has Chokelahoma (Exposed by UAB). So with OSU coming out on top tonight, we have a much better statistical chance than if Texas prevailed.

Fellas, please!!! We ALL KNOW we have to take care of LS_WHO first...and then one game at a time...BLAH BLAH BLAH...give it a rest, will ya? We're just speculating. Do you really thing the team will be less focused on that game because we're out here on the boards talking about the MNC, ESPN, Corso's head, etc.???!!! Sheesh....

:au::homer:

How an Auburn fan can claim that "Were screwed" after the first two games just shows how unrealistic some folks are.

We will NEVER get the ND, USC, UTexas, OSU love. Did you hear Brent late in the game when he asked Herbie the question who was #2. When he said something other than USC, Brent slammed him for not pimping next weeks matchup. ABC/ESPN are all about ratings, and the teams above carry more TV Viewers that AU, and we will NEVER play on the new ABC late night game as long as we are in bed with CBS.

But, when we beat down LSU, you'll hear our name more, so you can feel better.

Archived