LSU RIVALRY ?????

aubrandon

With SEC WEST riding on this game the past few years the game has become a big rivalry. You need a team like Auburn as a rivalry. Someone you know you are going beat just doesn't cut. Tulane and Ole Miss were great rivalry games, not so much these days.

l don't think Auburn/LSU is a rivalry as much as a blood feud.

With all the great games, and wierd games, and bad blood between our fans... add in SEC and NC implications... and there you have it.

l still enjoy kicking hell outa Ole Miss, and UF, but l think the AU game was the first real SEC team that l hated and wanted to see embarassed on the field.

Besides... its gets old kicking dead dogs like Bama, Ole Miss, et al.

With all the great games, and wierd games, and bad blood between our fans... add in SEC and NC implications... and there you have it.

l still enjoy kicking hell outa Ole Miss, and UF, but l think the AU game was the first real SEC team that l hated and wanted to see embarassed on the field.

Ha, Ha, I agree with that. Look forward to this game. We are big Auburn fans, live in Auburn, but our son is in the Tiger Band at :lsu: . He gets to come home for at least one night. Will enjoy watching him and the :lsu: band perform as well as the huge :au: band. Still hope we beat LSU though! We don't play UF enough any more, but I think we both dislike them and :ua: . I remember my sons freshman year at LSU , I was buying a tiger band decal and told the salesman I never thought I would be buying something LSU , he asked where I was from and I said Auburn , that my son was on a scholarship at :lsu: . He said well at least he didn't go to Bama !!

WAR EAGLE :au::cheer:

. He said well at least he didn't go to Bama !!

WAR EAGLE :au::cheer:

as long as :lsu: beats uat they will always be friends :comfort: but this weekend they are the enemy :chair:

as long as :lsu: beats uat they will always be friends :comfort: but this weekend they are the enemy

And there you have it ladies and gents. LSU may be a rival of sorts but....bama is the enemy :cheer:

Both games are big, but for different reasons. The :lsu: game is always for the division and the :ua: game is simply for state bragging rights.

I have to say that :lsu: is the MONEY game. If you want to get anywhere at :lsu: or :au: you HAVE to win this game.

It is kind of a shame, but really....really the Bama game is only a rivlary game right now because of the state/recruiting thing. Bama really is a secondary rivalry. Wow, I cant believe I, lil ole Dave, just typed that.

This game needs a title, maybe "The Shoot-Out?" or something Western themed due to the :sec: West Title implications.

I don't feel the Bama game means what it used to. Granted, I did not grow up in Alabama, but I feel the LSU game has alot more riding on it than Alabama.

lose to uat and you will feel different.

The reason I want to beat LSU is because that game is critical in going to the SECCG. The reason I want to beat Alabama is because I hate them.

That about sums it up! :big:

:au::homer:

as long as :lsu: beats uat they will always be friends :comfort: but this weekend they are the enemy

And there you have it ladies and gents. LSU may be a rival of sorts but....bama is the enemy :cheer:

I could not have said it better myself, LSU is a big game, but the detestation for bama is something all together different. I really do not care if bama goes on a 120 game losing streak(well that would be funny) I still want to beat them up and down the field mercilessly at every opportunity.

I hate UAT more than anything. I hope we stomp mudholes in their :moon: every year. After saying that though, over the last four years the :au: vs :lsu: game has been more important with more riding on that game than any other game. This game has turned into a huge rivalry. With the earthquake game, the miracle in 94, the barnburner game, the 04 hurricane game, and in 05 the clank game, Something spectactular happens in what I am now dubbing the name to the series

"THE TIGER CLASH"

I thought once :arky: became part of the SEC they would become LSU's biggest rival.

The game just has not become what it could. The Hogs have to pick it up a notch or 2. This game could really be something if the WEST was riding on the outcome more often.

Archived