New..different type of football movie coming out

Ranger12

This movie is not going to break any box office records by far and is only going to have a limited release. However, it looks like a good movie to watch with the family. It does have religious theme , but even for those of you that don't get into that, the story still has a good message that all could learn from regardless of your religious beliefs. It actually kind of makes me think of the way CTT is running the program.

Facing the Giants

The day I knew I was at the right place.

1982 :uga: @ :au:

Only team to ever hold Herschel Walker under 100 yards in college.

Our bunch of under talented, underdogs fought like hell but lost 19-14. We were in it almost all the way. The fans were in it. One game in which I thought I had almost worked as hard as the team. We had finished 5-6 the year before. Were 7-2 coming into the game. First winning season in a while.

Well, when the game was over, no one left....NO ONE!

The team went in and CPD was talking to them. Picking them back-up.

Well that was when the whole damn stadium started doing the "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger." I mean maybe 40-50k were still there. The team could easily hear it in the dressing room. Dye heard the fans screaming and I mean SCREAMING that hard after a loss. The players were very emotional. He sent them back out on the field.

The AU family gave them the biggest round of applause and kept right on singing "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger."

Dye wrote in his book that it was that night that he knew we would beat Bama. The players knew it too. They had the fans pooring out that much love on them and they were changed from that day on. Two weeks later Won the Iron Bowl for the first time in 9 years 23-22.

That was the day I knew I was an Auburn Tiger the rest of my life. You dont win at everything in your life. It is best to know that your friends and family will still be with you, no matter what.

This movie is not going to break any box office records by far and is only going to have a limited release. However, it looks like a good movie to watch with the family. It does have religious theme , but even for those of you that don't get into that, the story still has a good message that all could learn from regardless of your religious beliefs. It actually kind of makes me think of the way CTT is running the program.

Facing the Giants

This Movie was filmed right here in Albany, GA

Our bunch of under talented, underdogs fought like hell but lost 19-14. We were in it almost all the way. The fans were in it. One game in which I thought I had almost worked as hard as the team. We had finished 5-6 the year before. Were 7-2 coming into the game. First winning season in a while.

Well that was when the whole damn stadium started doing the "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger." I mean maybe 40-50k were still there. The team could easily hear it in the dressing room. Dye heard the fans screaming and I mean SCREAMING that hard after a loss. The players were very emotional. He sent them back out on the field.

The AU family gave them the biggest round of applause and kept right on singing "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger."

Dye wrote in his book that it was that night that he knew we would beat Bama. The players knew it too. They had the fans pooring out that much love on them and they were changed from that day on. Two weeks later Won the Iron Bowl for the first time in 9 years 23-22.

That was the day I knew I was an Auburn Tiger the rest of my life. You dont win at everything in your life. It is best to know that your friends and family will still be with you, no matter what.

Gosh David, you bring back some great memories. My Dad and I were 2 of the 40-50k that stayed around. That and the post game celebration a couple of weeks later were two of the best sports moments I had as a kid.

Thanks for the great memory David. This reminds me of an article written by the late Alf Van Hoose of the bamaham news. He spoke of a picture that Dye had in his office of an AU kicker (Robert McGintey) being hugged by his holder (Mike Mann) after missing the winning kick vs uat in '84. Dye said we are made stronger by how we conduct ourselves in the "bad times". The Auburn Spirit is a big part of all our lives. We are enjoying the fruits of a lot of good Auburn men's labors. WE should always remember those that came before and laid the foundation. :au:

Great story DKW, thanks for sharing.

If it opens anywhere in my area, this may be the first movie I take my 8 year old son too that is not animated or involves a superhero. I think this would be a good way for him to learn something about sports in a positive way.

Thanks for the great memory David. This reminds me of an article written by the late Alf Van Hoose of the bamaham news. He spoke of a picture that Dye had in his office of an AU kicker (Robert McGintey) being hugged by his holder (Mike Mann) after missing the winning kick vs uat in '84. Dye said we are made stronger by how we conduct ourselves in the "bad times". The Auburn Spirit is a big part of all our lives. We are enjoying the fruits of a lot of good Auburn men's labors. WE should always remember those that came before and laid the foundation. :au:

Does anybody have that picture or one similar to it? looks like a great movie too.

correct me if i'm wrong...

but, outside the football game/practice/action sceens, is there only 1, black actor in the whole movie? the only black actor i saw was sniffing someone's armpit in one clip then sitting in the coaches office in another.

but, outside the football game/practice/action sceens, is there only 1, black actor in the whole movie? the only black actor i saw was sniffing someone's armpit in one clip then sitting in the coaches office in another.

:rolleyes: Are you tring to say the film is racist because you do not see but one black actor? That is silly if you are. Maybe not many auditioned for the movie. I guess some people have to find fault with everything.

BTW...the one black actor you are talking about looks like one fo the coaching staff and he is sniffing the guys heart to see if it stinks, not his armpit. But good job at trying to make something look and sound like what it is not.

please don't put words in my mouth. i don't know the story that the movie is based upon or if there even is one. i was just stating what i saw.

in every sceen not involving practice/game action, the only black person i saw was the guy i said looked like he was sniffing an arm pit(or heart) or sitting in the coaches office(i'm assuming he was a coach if those were the two things he was doing).

i'm sure it's a great, inspirational movie.

please don't put words in my mouth. i don't know the story that the movie is based upon or if there even is one. i was just stating what i saw.

in every sceen not involving practice/game action, the only black person i saw was the guy i said looked like he was sniffing an arm pit(or heart) or sitting in the coaches office(i'm assuming he was a coach if those were the two things he was doing).

i'm sure it's a great, inspirational movie.

I don't think it is based on any real life experience.

Sorry if you think I am putting words in your mouth, but if you will look at your post, it does look like you are trying to find fault with the movie because it only has one black in it. I am guessing you were the only person that has posted that paid attention to something like that. Thus my reason for saying you are trying to find fault.

I for one don't look at anything and wonder why there is an abscence of blacks or whites in a movie or program.

no worries. i'm not trying to find fault or whatnot. like i said, i don't know anything about the story. i guess i am out there for noticing that, but, i noticed it. just seemed very overt to me. if you find my observation as a case to find fault, well, more power to you.

To the story of the 1982 game above..... I was there as a senior as well. Last ever home game as a student. What many don't know is that it was the only game every played with Bo Jackson (Freshman) and Hershel Walker (Junior and in his last year) on the field at the same time. We drove it down the field in the final minutes only to fall short on 4th down. Two weeks later, on 4th down, Bo went over the top.

That day was the beginning of a great 24+ years...

Archived