The call was right

AFTiger

They went over the overturned pass interference call. When Brok tipped the ball, there was no interference wo the flag was picked.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the right call by the way I understand pass interference.

I thought we had gotten screwed on the original version before it was overturned.

I was yelling the same thing at the tv. The ball was not catchable! No way was that guy going to catch that ball regardless of whether he was left alone or knocked to the ground.

You wish. There was no interference. Plain and simple. Couldn't care less who agrees with that and who doesn't. He had no play on the ball and the contact was minor and affected the play in no way.

The refs got it correct.

I thought we had gotten screwed on the original version before it was overturned.

I was yelling the same thing at the tv. The ball was not catchable! No way was that guy going to catch that ball regardless of whether he was left alone or knocked to the ground.

totally DISAGREE.... that ball was on the money....Brock made one heck of a play on that, regardless of what happened between the reciever and the DB.... Doesn't take away the hustle from Brock. That pass is caught without Brock tipping it away....

totally DISAGREE.... that ball was on the money....Brock made one heck of a play on that, regardless of what happened between the reciever and the DB.... Doesn't take away the hustle from Brock. That pass is caught without Brock tipping it away....

I think he meant it wasn't catchable b/c Brock tipped it away.

You wish. There was no interference. Plain and simple. Couldn't care less who agrees with that and who doesn't. He had no play on the ball and the contact was minor and affected the play in no way.

The refs got it correct.

MINOR, he was tackled before your safety tipped the ball away. He had no play bc your man was tackling him.

The tip happened after the interference. Should have been PI.

shoudl've been DPI on Auburn's last drive as well......

bad calls went both ways. AT least LSU didn't recover an Auburn onside kick and the refs give possession to Auburn without AU gaining possession of the ball like they gave Oregon today! :no::no::no:

The refs got it correct.

MINOR, he was tackled before your safety tipped the ball away. He had no play bc your man was tackling him.

I think it was a bad call, the refs missed them on both sides. The play where Bowe was wide open down the side was cause he just trucked a DB, don't know if it could be seen on TV or not. Should have been a offensive PI call. I think the one they called on Taylor was lame, cause you could call that amount of contact and pushing on a ton of pass plays, they need to be more consistent with calling that for that amount of contact.

The playfake third down should have been a PI also, LSU guy was drapped on the back of our receiver before the ball got there (that drive continues we might get points, but burn another 2-3 minutes of clock for sure). One late hit that wasn't called could have gone either way, but Auburn got away with one that should have been called. Can anyone tell me if on TV when Simms was on the ground if it looked like Russell threw a punch? Cause it sure did from where we were at.

Also, and I might be wrong on this one, but didn't LSU get the ball where the ball ended up after the Russell fumble? Isn't it suppose to go back to the spot of the fumble? I know it does on 4th down, but I have seen balls fumbled forward during Auburn games on other downs that were moved back to the spot of the fumble. The fumble went for a first down.

I think both teams had a call that was missed that could have resulted in points, but lets be honest with the way both those defenses were playing today noone was garunteed to get into the endzone no matter where they were on the field.

I think it was without doubt PI

But, with that said, AU won the game and deserved the win so more power to them.

Both sides can agree that the refs are without doubt terrible. Not sure a single SEC team has not been affected by an absolutely terrible call

The refs got it correct.

I think it was a bad call, the refs missed them on both sides. The play where Bowe was wide open down the side was cause he just trucked a DB, don't know if it could be seen on TV or not. Should have been a offensive PI call. I think the one they called on Taylor was lame, cause you could call that amount of contact and pushing on a ton of pass plays, they need to be more consistent with calling that for that amount of contact.

The playfake third down should have been a PI also, LSU guy was drapped on the back of our receiver before the ball got there (that drive continues we might get points, but burn another 2-3 minutes of clock for sure). One late hit that wasn't called could have gone either way, but Auburn got away with one that should have been called. Can anyone tell me if on TV when Simms was on the ground if it looked like Russell threw a punch? Cause it sure did from where we were at.

I think both teams had a call that was missed that could have resulted in points, but lets be honest with the way both those defenses were playing today noone was garunteed to get into the endzone no matter where they were on the field.

Yep what he said!!!!! :)

img9664903.jpg

thats all lm saying...

Nice blindisde by Bowe to make his last reception.....or shall we talk about the NO call on AU's last possession. :no:

Now you are just making stuff up...

img9664903.jpg

thats all lm saying...

In all fairness, there are alot of teams that could make the same complaint about Webster when he was at LSU. AKA Alabama a couple years ago.

that has absolutely no bearing on the game today... yes that was a bad call... no it wasn't at the very end on a game winning drive. But its meaningless to argue. We got home cooking again this year, so cheerish your win Auburn.

img9664903.jpg

thats all lm saying...

Nice blindisde by Bowe to make his last reception.....or shall we talk about the NO call on AU's last possession. :no:

Actually he isn't, like I said I don't know if it was shown on TV, but I was in the stands watching for them to go right back to Bowe, and they missed the PI on a third down Auburn play (the one with the playfake) that would have kept that drive alive.

I also thought the LSU imcompletion should have been a fumble in the first half, but I couldn't tell well cause the players backs were to me.

Can say I'm making stuff up if you want, but if read I am being fair and pointed out several misses for both teams. And I'll stand by the way the defenses were playing noone was garunteed for Auburn or LSU of getting into the endzone no matter where the ball was spotted.

img9664903.jpg

thats all lm saying...

Actually he isn't, like I said I don't know if it was shown on TV, but I was in the stands watching for them to go right back to Bowe, and they missed the PI on a third down Auburn play (the one with the playfake) that would have kept that drive alive.

I also thought the LSU imcompletion should have been a fumble in the first half, but I couldn't tell well cause the players backs were to me.

Can say I'm making stuff up if you want, but if read I am being fair and pointed out several misses for both teams. And I'll stand by the way the defenses were playing noone was garunteed for Auburn or LSU of getting into the endzone no matter where the ball was spotted.

The big difference as far as penalties, where most of the bad calls against us were drive killers, most of Auburns really had no effect. The Pl call on Francis when we got the lNT was bogus, your WR was falling down and Francis was just on him so close that he tripped also. There was no push or contact that caused it. This game was horribly officiated, just sad that it had to happen like this and take the game out of the players hands on so many occasions. We made alot of mistakes, and should have struck while the lron was hot... but we didn't. So cheerish the win, until next year.

img9664903.jpg

thats all lm saying...

In all fairness, there are alot of teams that could make the same complaint about Webster when he was at LSU. AKA Alabama a couple years ago.

that has absolutely no bearing on the game today... yes that was a bad call... no it wasn't at the very end on a game winning drive. But its meaningless to argue. We got home cooking again this year, so cheerish your win Auburn.

Gimmie a break with that and the 04 stuff. The call was a correct call, seldom called but a correct call.

How many times today have you seen offensive pass interference called today? How often is it called?Rarely, and it came at a spot where Auburn had clear momentum and was in the redzone with where Taylor caught the ball. I could make the exact same claims about that offensive PI call that you will with the jumping rule.

LSU has benefited from those calls, Auburn has benefited from those calls, Georgia, Alabama etc etc etc.

THEY SHOWED THE REPLAY FROM THE ENDZONE cam..BOWE BLINDSIDED GROVES WHO WAS IN PREVENT DEFENSE pass coverage....BOOM! Bowe runs 3 or 4 more striedes and makes the catch...

See what u want to se with purple and pee yellow glasses! :puke:

Bad calls went both ways.....

It definately looked like the refs refused to call Defensive PI on the same corner who ran over CT on AU's last possession later in the same drive when he DID the same thing to McKenzie!!

Both teams were hurt by an inconsistent crew NUFF SAID!

EXPECT BOB STOOPS TO get fined over the Duck game. NOW THATgame HAD HORRIFIC officiating!!

Archived