Time for Jason Campbell

An Auburn Fan

The way Mark Brunell is playing in Washington, Do you think the days for Jason to be the starting QB is not too far……??? I think coach Gibbs will prefer Jason instead of Todd Collins…….

War Eagle!!! :cheer::au:

One more game like the first 2 and I think the Redskins have a full blown QB controversy on their hands; the fans will want to see the 'future' out there before Brunell ruins their season...

Yeah, I started a thread about this yesterday, but it got buried quickly with the onslaught of 50 new threads about the LSU PI reversal. <_<

I have been a Redskins and Dolphins fan ever since I can remember watching the NFL. I have family that lives in the DC area also and they tell me that the media and fans up there are pushing for JC to start. However, I am a big supporter of Joe Gibbs and I trust he knows what he is doing. He does not want to rush JCs development, because that is the popular thing to do these days with young QBs. Guys like Eli Manning are the exception to the rule, but usually when a young QB becomes the starter too quickly, more times then not, his career is short lived. When the season started, JC was listed as the #2 QB, but he was since moved to the #3 spot. However, Gibbs has been quoted as saying that when it comes time for JC to start, he will jump from #3 to #1, skipping the #2 spot. Gibbs feels like he has a little more to learn, but he will probably be the starter for next year if not before the end of this year.

Here is the link to the thread I started yesterday about the Redskins message board petition to start JC.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28915

Yeah, I started a thread about this yesterday, but it got buried quickly with the onslaught of 50 new threads about the LSU PI reversal. <_<

I have been a Redskins and Dolphins fan ever since I can remember watching the NFL. I have family that lives in the DC area also and they tell me that the media and fans up there are pushing for JC to start. However, I am a big supporter of Joe Gibbs and I trust he knows what he is doing. He does not want to rush JCs development, because that is the popular thing to do these days with young QBs. Guys like Eli Manning are the exception to the rule, but usually when a young QB becomes the starter too quickly, more times then not, his career is short lived. When the season started, JC was listed as the #2 QB, but he was since moved to the #3 spot. However, Gibbs has been quoted as saying that when it comes time for JC to start, he will jump from #3 to #1, skipping the #2 spot. Gibbs feels like he has a little more to learn, but he will probably be the starter for next year if not before the end of this year.

Here is the link to the thread I started yesterday about the Redskins message board petition to start JC.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28915

Question for you ranger not on Washington but on Miami, what do you think of Culpepper coming back from his injury? Buffalo is a fast D but still seems he is a little slow, I think the bills had 5 or 6 sacks in the first half alone and harassed him all game long. I know the fans were screaming for Joey Harrington, which seemed to piss off Nick Saban and Harrington from the post game comments. Which would you give as the better fit for Miami Harrington or Culpepper?

That's a tough question Draven. I was optimistic about Culpepper because I am not realy confident with Harrington. However, Culpepper is really inconsistent right now. Last night he was like 11/12 in the first half, but cooled of some in the second half. He still had decent numbers for the game going 23/32, but his passer rating of 69.2 is killing us. Like you mentioned, the sacks are horrible. He has been sacked 10 times in two games and thrown 3 interceptions. The O-line needs to improve, but Pep's injury is in his head and he is not moving to avoid alot of those sacks. I don't know if Harrington will be any better, but right now I say give him a shot. He can't do much worse then Pep right now.

I don't think Harrington is the future like JC and Leinert is on their respective teams. We have not had a decent QB since Marino. Those are big shoes to fill, but they do need to be filled with somebody better then what we have on the roster right now. I just don't think Pep is ever going to be his old self again, and Harrington or Lemon is not the answer either.

Ronnie Brown is going to get beat up having to be the whole offense and will never be effective until we have a QB that the defense has to worry about also.

Ranger, I can sympathize with QB situation the Bills have J.P Losman, which since our offensive line is improved this year he has looked better but still he makes some bone head moves to cost the game. I wish Buffalo would steal JC away from Washington before they realize how good he can be we need a good one.

I was watching the game, cheering for Ronnie to have a good game just not good enough to win. Ronnie still looks impressive catching the ball out of the back field. Why do they not utilize that more often I think I only seen that run about 2 times the whole game both times it worked very well. Last year when he hit a long run to seal the game for Miami I was glad for him but it was killing me at the same time.

i like jc and he was a good college player, but i don't think he will be all that good in the nfl. sorry fans but that is my opinion; however, i do feel he is more suitable for that offense than brunell. also without portis they can pressure that qb.

i like jc and he was a good college player, but i don't think he will be all that good in the nfl. sorry fans but that is my opinion; however, i do feel he is more suitable for that offense than brunell. also without portis they can pressure that qb.

Heck, Todd Collins was even better then Brunell in the pre-season

JC looked pretty good in the pre-season, for the lack of NFL experience he has and yet again having to learn a brand new offense. He has had the toughest luck of keeping a OC throughout his college and young pro career.

JC has been compared to Warren Moon in the way he has a strong, accurate arm and can be very mobile when needed. Moon was not expected to have a good NFL career either, but he proved his critics wrong. I am hoping the comparisons to JC and Moon are accurate. We will find out next year when he has two years of learning as a pro under his belt.

I'm really rooting for JC to get his shot, but I have a feeling it is not going to happen anytime soon. Gibbs seems to like Brunell, and I think that right now Brunell has an excellent excuse for the terrible offense: Portis is out. If Portis is able to play and the offense still looks horrible, then I think the calls for Jason will increase.

And yes, JC really is snake-bit as far as keeping OCs. I hope he can get in a stable situation where he really has a chance to succeed. I think he has the talent and I know he will put in the effort.

Archived