New Punt Returner at AU?

RadioWryn

My idea of a good punt return man is one that runs FORWARD!(After first CATCHING the ball)

This side to side looking to "juke" someone is driving me insane.

Oh well, the Coaches know what they are doing. I hope Robert Dunn makes me look even more stupid than I already do!

My idea of a good punt return man is one that runs FORWARD!(After first CATCHING the ball)

Oh well, the Coaches know what they are doing. I hope Robert Dunn makes me look even more stupid than I already do!

For some reason Tubs cannot pick a decent punt return guy. TD would prolly NOT be a good punt returner. KI prolly would. Usually a punt returners first and best move is to take a step left or right to dodge a tackler, then head straight up the field. At this point he becomes a running back. But the trick is that first move. We have had noone in the past few years with that great first move. Very few times will you see a punt returned for a lot of yardage around the edge. Up the middle is where the damage is done. That's why Carnell did a good job, he knew how to make that first guy miss. But even he was not great at it. Tubs also goes with the conservative approach on this. The guy s that usually get you the best yardage are a little dangerous handling the ball. Anybody remember R. Hood? Either great return or a fumble.

I agree. My idea of a kick return guy is someone who catches it and takes offf like a bat out of hades.

all the juking and stuff just gives the second wave of the kicking team more time to get down the field.

I agree. My idea of a kick return guy is someone who catches it and takes offf like a bat out of hades.

all the juking and stuff just gives the second wave of the kicking team more time to get down the field.

Ditto ... run towards the goal line NOT the sideline.

Archived