I don't give a damn

TexasTiger

about impressing the pollsters right now. When did this become our obsession?

I highly disagree. Like David stated in another post, this is Div 1-a college football, in which there is no playoff. If you dont give a damn about impressing the pollsters, we will consistently sit on our '57 NC forever.

But I will say Auburn has an unfair advantage as far as impressing goes. We play in the SEC... every game has a chance to be close. Not only that, but the media bandwagon doesn't acknowledge close games with USC, etc.

By the way, it became our obsession when an Auburn team in '04 played in the Sugar Bowl.

about impressing the pollsters right now. When did this become our obsession?

I highly disagree. Like David stated in another post, this is Div 1-a college football, in which there is no playoff. If you dont give a damn about impressing the pollsters, we will consistently sit on our '57 NC forever.

But I will say Auburn has an unfair advantage as far as impressing goes. We play in the SEC... every game has a chance to be close. Not only that, but the media bandwagon doesn't acknowledge close games with USC, etc.

By the way, it became our obsession when an Auburn team in '04 played in the Sugar Bowl.

why are you only claiming the 57' nc? Under the bammers guidelines are'nt we allowed to claim more.

A win's a win but here's what I heard here in OKC on WWLS the Sports Animal (the top per capita sports station in the country-ALL DAY RIPS):

(UNTIL I CALLED NOONE MENTIONED THE INJURIES/HOLDOUTS ON DEFENSE! :no: )

"Auburn's D is a joke. I'd put Oklahoma against them EASY!" Craig Humphries

"Tuberville is a great coach but he tends to go into a shell and play like it's the 1950s!"JIM TRABER (in response to my statements on the air) talking about Tuby going conservative in the 4th quarter. I agree 100% with that statement! :blink:

"Auburn is not a National Title Comtender...Sure they are a top ten team but they will not win the NT!" JT

"Auburn will lose to Florida with a defense like that!" CH

"...about impressing the pollsters right now. When did this become our obsession"?

About the time we decided a national championship in football would be nice. One game @ a time, yeah, yeah, we should be happy to walk away w/ a win while playing sloppy football, also correct. But, not caring about what somebody thinks who has your destiny in their hands (e.g. the idiot New England pollsters) is :no: That makes no sense at all. Unless we're happy w/ being the perennial runners-up of college ball forever, we should get SCREAMING mad when another team plays like crap and doesn't get slammed by somebody w/ a vote, while we get hammered in the media by pollsters when the same thing happens to us. And saying that doesn't happen to us regularly is like saying the Holocaust never happened, there's so much evidence it's hard to decide where to begin. I'm not asking for anything we haven't earned and being the ONLY Div. 1 team in college football HISTORY to go 13-0 and not even get a chance to PLAY for the national championship that year is one heck of a lesson on media manipulation. :au:

I think it is pointless to obsess now. We could be beaten next week. Like I said on another thread, if AU goes 13-0 in the SEC and doesn't get to play in the BCSCG two out of three years, I think the BCS falls apart. I think the SEC would not tolerate it and I think more people would see the BCS as fundamentally flawed.

But even if none of that happened, it would certainly be clear to most Auburn people that the BCS is a joke. It is pointless to obsess over that which you cannot control. This Auburn team deserves to have true Auburn people celebrating their accomplishments instead of obsessing over whether they have sufficiently impressed some brainless coach or sportswriter. If the BCS refuses to recognize the accomplishment of going 13-0 in the SEC, it isn't worth obsessing over. It is mythical anyway.

I think something else the pollsters might be thinking about is another common opponent we have with USC: Arkansas. They may want to see how we come out against them before making a big swing in ours or USC's favor. But then again, one might go insane trying to figure out what's going on in the pollster's heads, so forget I said anything.

I've had it with polls, ESPN, and other "sports analysists". I love Auburn University, the people, and I love AU football. Don't we remember the lean years when there was NO talk of national prominence for AU football? I'm happy to be here, experiencing the atmosphere and cheering on the team. WE know what the SEC is like, WE know where we've been and WE know these young men are giving us their best on gameday. I was dissapointed 2 years ago, and I refuse to let it get to me this year. If those idiots don't see what we see or know what we know then to &^%&% with them. I DON"T CARE! I intent to ENJOY the rest of the season and be DAMN glad I'm an Auburn Fan! WAR EAGLE!

Media's

National

Championship

Archived