Herbstreit: "If AU beats Ark. & FL, they're #2"

TitanTiger

Hold on, let me check the date of this post.....yep, it says "2006". Could have swore for a second there that I had somehow traveled back in time to a couple of years ago.

Would be better for our case if we could light up Arky like USC did. The Piggies will be playing on OUR turf. USC put up 70 and 50 pts on and SEC team, both at home and then on the road. Style points aside, all Auburn's done is win vs a so-so schedule. ( No offense meant, WSU folks ) Everyone saw AU 'struggle ' vs Spurrier's Gamecocks, and we didn't exactly blow away Buffalo the week before. ( 10-0 lead, first half )

I don't know if teams are catching up to our schemes, if there's some funky mental anchor w/ the players or they're simply trying to find their personality. What ever the case, AU had better open up a can of whoop a$$ this week, or come Oct 14th, we may have a loss or 2.

Why not #1? AU will have beaten 2 top 10 teams in LSU & UF plus a couple of good teams like WSU & S. Carolina. OSU will have beaten ... Texas & Iowa. Thank God for their 1st game because the rest of the Big 10 won't give them a challenge except maybe Michigan.

Forget Herbie -- I'd say his OSU bias is showing.

Give Herbie a chance... He's just buying time so he can explain why we should be #2 at the end of the season, even if we are the only undefeated team left by then! Last time I checked, we are one of six undefeated teams. Why are we arguing for #2? Honestly, at this point maybe we should be yelling for number 1. If we aren't successful, #2 isn't that bad. All the talk shows are comparing us and Meeshicun instead of us and Ohio State. I know that OS has looked good, but how well would they have done against LSU? I've yet to see a team go an entire year without a little letdown, so I honestly think OS is probably due. Point is, anybody can get beat, as we almost found out last week.

Just a thought, but if we, and that is a big IF, go undefeated, a win in the SEC Chanpionship might really help our cause. The argument being that the winner in the SEC has to go the extra mile to win with the championship gave, which USC would avoid. If you win the game, you will almost always gain points in the poll against an idle team. Just a thought...

OSU killed Texas on the road and then killed Iowa on the road and beat Penn State. They deserve #1 at this point. If we beat Arky and UF, maybe we have a claim. But either Michigan or OSU will lose a game before the end of the season so we shouldn't worry about them. Lets just win our games.

Quote of the Day by mark ( no capitalization is for lack of credibility) may.

"The SEC also doesnt have to play USC every week"

Are you a complete idiot or do you not know any other way than follow the rest of the sheep at ESPN. My thoughts are as follows:

If USC played in a credible conference I could understand the open bias. Fact is they dont, they play in one of the weaker conferences in the nation. And for only one reason has the Pac 1 gotten any credit USC. They are first given a pitty MNC when they beat Michigan and watched the BCS game from home then they got a get out of jail free card and didnt have to play the real #2 (or in mine and Jason Campbells mind the #1 team) Auburn and thrashed a weak OU team. No matter which way you slice it Au would have beaten BOTH of those teams PERIOD!!!! Then they get in a real game with Texas and get what.. BEAT!! But all we got to listen to was how they were going to 3peat. Hmmm only won one BCS title but they are going to 3peat how is this you ask??? Well you see USC would have beaten LSU and should have beaten Texas so lets just give it to em huh they are the only good team in college football!!!

With all of this said I am going to agree with CTT there is no way possible for us to play in or win the BCS title without a playoff. And the real reason I think that this will never happen is because the SEC would have 4-5 teams in the playoff every year. I mean how could you argue against FL, GA,Tenn,AU, LSU to not get in! You would have to make it a 2 losses and you cant play playoff. This would look alot like 8 ACC teams in the BBAll tourny not fair but how can you keep them out.

I am getting... no sorry. I still have the feeling that I had after 2004 SECCG. And that is the SECC is one of a few real championships in College football. I apluad the ACC, Big 12, Mac and of course the SEC. I mean for real play it on the feild dont let these not good enough to coach or play fools decide who gets to the title game.

So we have a real test in front of our boys this weekend and that is BEAT ARKANSAS. And to tell the truth i only want us to destroy them for my own personal dislike for them ( besides you Tracy I just hope you come home once you have the chance!!) and I had to watch Fred Tall.... Damn there he goes again he just ran by my house and is that???? Yup Matt "Big as hell and fast like lightning" Jones. We havent stopped them in years!! so

Fry up the Bacon and forget the polls media and all of them lets win our games!!!!!!!!

ONE at a TIME!!!!!!!!!!

who cares what Kirk ot mark says? I don't. The only game that matters now is the Ark. game.

Let the talking heads say what they want.....because they will. I would be willing to bet that they change their tone by the time they come to the UF game to "play to the crowd." It's what they get paid for...to make people love and hate them.

Here's to the men of the Auburn football team to play a great game this weekend, taking another step to the SEC Championship!

Quote of the Day by mark ( no capitalization is for lack of credibility) may.

"The SEC also doesnt have to play USC every week"

Are you a complete idiot or do you not know any other way than follow the rest of the sheep at ESPN. My thoughts are as follows:

If USC played in a credible conference I could understand the open bias. Fact is they dont, they play in one of the weaker conferences in the nation. And for only one reason has the Pac 1 gotten any credit USC. They are first given a pitty MNC when they beat Michigan and watched the BCS game from home then they got a get out of jail free card and didnt have to play the real #2 (or in mine and Jason Campbells mind the #1 team) Auburn and thrashed a weak OU team. No matter which way you slice it Au would have beaten BOTH of those teams PERIOD!!!! Then they get in a real game with Texas and get what.. BEAT!! But all we got to listen to was how they were going to 3peat. Hmmm only won one BCS title but they are going to 3peat how is this you ask??? Well you see USC would have beaten LSU and should have beaten Texas so lets just give it to em huh they are the only good team in college football!!!

With all of this said I am going to agree with CTT there is no way possible for us to play in or win the BCS title without a playoff. And the real reason I think that this will never happen is because the SEC would have 4-5 teams in the playoff every year. I mean how could you argue against FL, GA,Tenn,AU, LSU to not get in! You would have to make it a 2 losses and you cant play playoff. This would look alot like 8 ACC teams in the BBAll tourny not fair but how can you keep them out.

I am getting... no sorry. I still have the feeling that I had after 2004 SECCG. And that is the SECC is one of a few real championships in College football. I apluad the ACC, Big 12, Mac and of course the SEC. I mean for real play it on the feild dont let these not good enough to coach or play fools decide who gets to the title game.

So we have a real test in front of our boys this weekend and that is BEAT ARKANSAS. And to tell the truth i only want us to destroy them for my own personal dislike for them ( besides you Tracy I just hope you come home once you have the chance!!) and I had to watch Fred Tall.... Damn there he goes again he just ran by my house and is that???? Yup Matt "Big as hell and fast like lightning" Jones. We havent stopped them in years!! so

Fry up the Bacon and forget the polls media and all of them lets win our games!!!!!!!!

ONE at a TIME!!!!!!!!!!

i heard that too and all I could think was "Is this guy serious, the sec doesn't play USC, but they are 4-1 vs. the Pac-10" that is, until I heard Lou try to say "acc" which came out "aye thpee thpee" guy should be a spokesperson for denture adhesive cause those babies should've fallen out on air by now.

there was another one in there, oh yeah Jamaicas Russel.... good man, lou, without you, i wouldnt have anyone on ESPN to laugh at.

While talking polls makes a good conversation we need to worry about getting past the next game. I agree the ESPN bias is getting old but we need to handle our schedule first. We have plenty of time to argue if we take care of business.

I was watching the NC State - FSU game and Kirk said "Tommy Tubberville has been making comments which I sort of agree with about the SEC being tough to get through."

Sorry NO Link

If he really said it, I think it should be tattooed on his A*&*#( so he can remember what he said after it happens!

this is the same lou that couldn't win more than a few sec games a year, what in the world would this asshat know about even smelling trying to get through the sec undefeated??? for him to be able to say that he "thorta agwees with it'th" is such a joke becasue his record agrees 100% that the sec is a tough to get through.

:au: will never be as sexy / TV friendly / whatever the heck ESPN/ABC/the Mouse is looking for; we just have to accept that. So what if USC scored 50 on :arky: ? :au: might, too, if CTT chose to throw the ball downfield with a 3-4 TD lead in the 4th quarter . . .

Just win, baby, and let the chips fall where they may.

Archived