Iraq troop levels

Bottomfeeder

Greeted as liberators? I wonder when we'll see some oil money from this little adventure, to pay for all of this ####? :roflol:

Army makes plans to keep current troop levels in Iraq through 2010

By McClatchy Newspapers and Reuters

WASHINGTON — The Army is making plans to keep its current troop levels in Iraq through 2010 if they're needed, the Army's chief of staff said Wednesday.

But Gen. Peter Schoomaker cautioned against putting too much emphasis on the Army's plans, saying that conditions in Iraq would dictate force levels. He said it would be easier to pull troops "off the table" or shorten their tours in Iraq rather than to add more forces later.

"This is the way you'd expect us to operate," Schoomaker told reporters. "This is not a prediction that things are going poorly or better; it's just that I have to have enough ammo in the magazine [so] that I can continue to shoot as long as they want us to shoot."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati...aqtroops12.html

I was in Ft. Sam Houston in 2004 and they kept saying that we were 2 yrs. (at that time) into a 12 year struggle. This while the campaigning administration said they "had no idea" how long we'd be there.

Archived