Jim Dunaway is drunk

GalensGhost

Did he just say "Ed Orgeron, what a coach, what a coach. To get his team in a position to win in a hostile environment against a very good Alabama team. What a great coach."

He then postulated that Ole Miss would be a major problem for AU.

I don't disagree that Ole Miss could present problems just because it's a road game and they have a mobile QB, but all his bobo honking was really unnecessary.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is what he is....just another uat appologist from bamaham.(The armpit of the State)

Ignore him. He is not on the radar.

Jim Dunaway is a major dispenser of Bama kool-aid. What he was really saying is "Oh God I hope Ole Miss will be a major problem for AU!" He was only saying what all Bammers everywhere are thinking. Deep down in their hearts they are thinking, if AUBURN plays against Bama like they did the 2nd half of the Florida game, they will beat us by 24 - 30 points and they may sack JPW more than they did Brodie last year!

Dude must be on crack. We play everybody close. Whether they are good or bad...was this his first bama game to watch in 4 years?

AU beats ole miss by 2 TDs

"EVERYBODY CLOSE"?

Tell ya' what. Get back to me on Sunday morning.

Dude must be on crack. We play everybody close. Whether they are good or bad...was this his first bama game to watch in 4 years?

I don't really disagree with a lot of what he says. I think Alabama is playing pretty well for the most part -- and should be considering that they play more juniors and seniors than just about anybody in the SEC. I don't think Bama is a bad team, but I do think they suffer from some lethargic coaching.

What I disagree with was the honking on Orgeron's stubby bobo. Great coach? He's a babbling loon and not much of a coach at all in my opinion. Could Ole Miss give Auburn problems? Absolutely. The Tigers have yet to put a complete game together and they are vulnerable to any team they play that is willing to stand its ground and be physical. If nothing else, Roidgeron gives the Rebels that bravado. Would not surprise me to see AU struggle in Oxford. Would not surprise me to see AU win like they did last season should they finally get all the pieces in sync.

uat plays "more jrs and srs" than just about anyone else in the SEC? But, all they do is talk about how YOUNG they are!?!

Surely you are mistaken.

BG...sometimes you make so much sense for a Bamar, you scare me. :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

uat plays "more jrs and srs" than just about anyone else in the SEC? But, all they do is talk about how YOUNG they are!?!

Surely you are mistaken.

No, he's not mistaken...and don't call him Shirley. :lol:

:au::homer:

Surely you are mistaken.

I'm sorry, Tim. You didn't get the latest memo? When it was discovered that the "youth" excuse was faulty, the official story was changed.

The word now is that those juniors and seniors are not as good as some other teams may have because of probation. Some of the great players that would obviously have chosen Bama went to other schools because UA didn't have room for them.

This spin will also fail when the weight of logic is applied. See if you can follow:

1) Bama fans say that tradition alone makes every recruit in the country yearn to sign there.

2) If that is the case, then the recruits they get -- even when the number is limited -- should be better recruits than anyone else, because they all pick Bama first.

3) So how can players at other schools be better when Bama had the first pick of the lot? Can't have it both ways.

Once they add up those three, they'll realize the folly and another official memo will be issued. I'll let let you know when the memo comes out.

"Orgeron's stubby bobo"

Damn I didn't need that visual.

Roids side effect. I was just guessing.

QB - First year starter. Soph

WR - Jr

WR - Jr

WR - Soph

RB - SR

Left Tackle - True Frosh

Left Guard - First year starter ...converted from D. Jr

Center - Soph

Left Guard - Soph

Right Tackle - Jr. Worst tackle in the sec. had zero sec offers

LCB - Soph (first year starter)

Nickel - Jr

RCB - Sr

Safety - Soph (first year starter)

Safety - Sr (first year starter juco guy)

WLB - Sr

SLB - Jr (first yr starter)

MLB - Frosh

DL - Jr (first year starter), Sr, Jr

Thats pretty freaking young in the spots that count.

All 5 Olinemen are first year starters at their position. Caldwell, the center started at Right guard last year.

On offense we have 7 first year starters out of 11

On defense we have 6 first year starters out of 11

Thats 13/22 guys who have very limited action.

QB - First year starter. Soph

WR - Jr

WR - Jr

WR - Soph

RB - SR

Left Tackle - True Frosh

Left Guard - First year starter ...converted from D. Jr

Center - Soph

Left Guard - Soph

Right Tackle - Jr. Worst tackle in the sec. had zero sec offers

LCB - Soph (first year starter)

Nickel - Jr

RCB - Sr

Safety - Soph (first year starter)

Safety - Sr (first year starter juco guy)

WLB - Sr

SLB - Jr (first yr starter)

MLB - Frosh

DL - Jr (first year starter), Sr, Jr

Thats pretty freaking young in the spots that count.

All 5 Olinemen are first year starters at their position. Caldwell, the center started at Right guard last year.

On offense we have 7 first year starters out of 11

On defense we have 6 first year starters out of 11

Thats 13/22 guys who have very limited action.

*yawn*

Now you're making up depth charts. Go look at the posted ones. There are no freshmen or sophomores listed as starters on defense.

Make all the excuses and justifications you want. "Alabama's young" rings hollow even with some of the most ardent Bama backers.

I think its funny that a guy makes one comment people disagree with and dismiss him as a fool. Yes he used to coach the Bama coaches show, but he's always been pretty nuetral from what I've heard. Much more so than say someone like Eli Gold.

I do remember coming back from Miss State in 2004 and listening to him and he was the first sports guy i heard compliment Auburn and say they had a chance to run the table. His actual words i remember were "the tigers can start to party like its 1957" because he thought we had a great team that could compete for the national championship. So for those calling him a raving loon, he's been prophetic at times...

In Dunaways defense, he did have a spectacular line after the Iron Bowl last year when he opined that Alabama's line had just done its impersonation of a Mexican border crossing.

I think its funny that a guy makes one comment people disagree with and dismiss him as a fool. Yes he used to coach the Bama coaches show, but he's always been pretty nuetral from what I've heard. Much more so than say someone like Eli Gold.

I do remember coming back from Miss State in 2004 and listening to him and he was the first sports guy i heard compliment Auburn and say they had a chance to run the table. His actual words i remember were "the tigers can start to party like its 1957" because he thought we had a great team that could compete for the national championship. So for those calling him a raving loon, he's been prophetic at times...

Dunaway's nowhere near neutral. Doesn't have an address in that zip code. He doesn't even pretend to be. Half his talk today was about his kid strutting around Chattanooga wearing a Bama shirt during the week they play Tennessee.

He's a bama guy through and through. He's been heard to comment that it would be an end-of-the-world nightmare for him should Auburn win a national title during his lifetime. He also said that given the current state of the program, he's steeling himself for that eventuality.

Dunaway's not a bad guy. Not saying that. But first and foremost he's a Bama fan and that makes him an apologist at this point. I don't think there's any basis whatsoever for saying Roidgeron is a "great coach". I'd tell Dunaway the same thing to his face. And he'd laugh about it. Because he knows what he is, too.

I didn't realize that being partial towards a team made you unable to be a sports guy. I bet Rece Davis's kids never wear Alabama shirts. Just USC, Notre Dame or Ohio State....

I didn't realize that being partial towards a team made you unable to be a sports guy. I bet Rece Davis's kids never wear Alabama shirts. Just USC, Notre Dame or Ohio State....

Are you Dunaway's mom?

Nobody's saying that being partial towards a team renders you incapable of doing a freaking radio show. Only that in hearing what he has to say, you should at least know where he's coming from. I give Dunaway credit for not trying to hide it and pretend he's impartial like that cheese-eating monkey Jay Barker does. He's an absolute JOKE. Dunaway just is what he is. I don't fault him for that.

When he comes on the air wearing his crimson overalls, waving Tide and TP on a stick and declares that Roidgeron is a "great coach" because his Rebels played Bama close he deserves to be mocked. And mocked he was.

So when little Jimmy phones home tonight, Mrs. Dunaway, you can tell him that it was all in fun. Nobody wants to beat him up.

I'm not sure Dunnaway ever stated he was neutral. Everyone comes in with bias. I'm sure they love their team and college football or else they wouldn't do what they do. I'm sure Charlie Trotman or Stan White or Jim Fyffe never made comments that reflected their bias towards their university. I happen to like Dunnaway so I am going to defend him.

I've realized within the last couple of days that if you make a post that disagrees with people on this forum, they quickly resort to name calling.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't think he's ever stated he was neutral, but you did.

As far as the "namecalling", it was a sarcastic joke.

Lighten up a bit. You'll live longer.

*yawn*

Now you're making up depth charts. Go look at the posted ones. There are no freshmen or sophomores listed as starters on defense.

Make all the excuses and justifications you want. "Alabama's young" rings hollow even with some of the most ardent Bama backers.

Dude, I know the freaking depth charts. To say we arent a young team is homerism at is finest. We might play a junior somewhere, but that doesnt mean hes a veteran. Nor does it mean hes a QUALITY junior. So dont make it out to be a situation where we are UNDERPERFORMING because we have all this veteran talent.

You make it sound like we should win the SEC with who we have on board.

Prince Hall is a FRESHMAN starting Middle linebacker. Incase you didnt notice, he was the SEC freshman of the week. He beat out Matt Collins a Jr WALKON. Yeah, thats the same as having someone like Blackmon will be when he's a junior right?

Lionel Mitchell is a SOPH DB. We run a 3-3-5 not a 4-3. But you're telling me what I know because you know more about our depth chart than I do right? Im sure you keep up with all of that when it comes to bama football.

Keith Saunders is a Jr who has seen little to no action over his career. Marcus Carter is, and has been, our starter at SS. He's listed as a Jr, and i made a mistake saying he's a soph...but he's never been a starter at this spot, and has only 4 tackles in his 2 year career. Terrence Jones is listed on the depth chart but plays sparingly due to ongoing injury.

See you look at stuff like "he's a Jr" and thats all you need for your argument. You dont want to consider the GLARINGLY obvious details about the situation, because it weakens your position. Similarly, you say we didnt have an excuse for being bad in 03 and 04...but you cant tell me how good AU would be right now if i took the 25 BEST players off of your roster. How many games would AU win then? Would you have beaten Florida saturday with Blake at QB and Tre at RB?

Here's a breakdown of our depth/talent. Even though, to you, a 1 star guy...if he's a Jr...is better than a 5 star guy whos a soph.

DE - Wallace Gillbery - No stars, only offer was from Alabama a month before signing day

DE - Keith Saunders - 2 stars

DT - Dominic Lee - 4 stars, solid recruit

LB - Demarcus Waldrop - 2 stars

LB - Juwan Simpson - 3/4 stars not sure...good pickup

LB - Prince Hall - 3 stars, good pickup. not ready to start at MLB as redshirt frosh

CB - Lionel Mitchell - 4 Stars, soph two tackles his fresh year. ended short due to injury

CB - Simeon Castille - 3 stars solid guy

CB - Ramzee Robinson - 3 stars but a good DB

S - Jeff Dukes - Juco transfer 3 stars good safety

S - Marcus Carter - Decent player, but still first year starter 3 stars i think

You dont replace 6 starters on a defense, 6 of whom are all playing on nfl teams....with 6 guys who have NEVER EVER EVER started...and not expect some dropoff. The only person who would...would be you...because it fits your shortsighted argument. But hey, a couple of them are Jrs....so i guess that counts for something.

Lets look at the offense shall we?

WR - DJ Hall - 3 stars, good WR

WR - Keith Brown - 3 stars good WR

WR - Will Oakley - 3 stars, good Wr

LT - 5 stars. Great Tackle, true frosh

LG - 4 stars as a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. first year at OL

C - 4 stars but only a soph

LG - 4 stars but only a soph

LT - 2 stars offered by us and UAB i think

QB - 3 stars first year starter

RB - 4 stars solid player

Again...what do you expect from 6 guys who see their first career starts on D and 7 on O to do their first year together?

Im not making excuses either. I said we'd win 8/9 this year and i think we will. But to make it sound like we should be worldbeaters with this team is doing everyone a disservice. You just want a chance to blame shula for something else. He called a HELL of a game saturday...but you probably didnt see it. Just looked at the final score.

I don't think he's ever stated he was neutral, but you did.

As far as the "namecalling", it was a sarcastic joke.

Lighten up a bit. You'll live longer.

Is "Mrs. Dunaway" name-calling? Dangit. I was so trying to break that habit. Glad I didn't go the Dunaway life partner route I first considered. Now that he's admitted his man-crush and gone out on that limb, though... No, I'm going to leave that alone. What's funny is that I like Dunaway, too. Not like Mrs. Dunaway (maybe the mom, maybe something a little more, who knows) apparently does, but I enjoy his show. That doesn't mean I shouldn't laugh and point when he craps his pants like he did today.

I'm sorry that saying things about the boy upsets Mrs. Dunaway.

I'm trying to pretend like I don't know everybody and stop the name dropping. I'm trying to give fleeting consideration to the clearly wrong opinions of others. I'm trying hard to be the shepherd. I'm trying real hard, Ringo.

Archived