Game Thread - Ole Miss

Mustain Ranch

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, you can gripe about Mushcamp all you want, but if the players are not going to wrap up, then it does not matter what defensive scheme CWM calls. If a guy does not know how to properly tackle a guy by now, there is nothing else CWM can do for him. I get sick of seeing LBs and CBs trying to lay down big hits instead of wrapping up! :angry:

Muschamp is the Defensive Coordinator. If the players aren't tackling well he can address the problem. The problem has not been addressed.

False start on the Offence #69

Crap. Stoped inside the 10.

Sweep go's to the 16

FIRST DOWN AT THE 29 YARD LINE

Taylor near the 50 yard line. and now inside rebel territory

Guys, you can gripe about Mushcamp all you want, but if the players are not going to wrap up, then it does not matter what defensive scheme CWM calls. If a guy does not know how to properly tackle a guy by now, there is nothing else CWM can do for him. I get sick of seeing LBs and CBs trying to lay down big hits instead of wrapping up! :angry:

Muschamp is the Defensive Coordinator. If the players aren't tackling well he can address the problem. The problem has not been addressed.

Well you please tell me how you know it has not been addressed? Because I can assure you it has. Again, like I said, this is something these guys should already know. What the heck to you expect CWM to show them that they already don't know? Like somebody else said, it is a fundamental thing. If they are not doing it now, what the heck can CWM do besides bench them? Then what? Play the guy with less experience and he gets burnt. Then you are back to blaming CWM. There is a reason for the old saying that "a coach is only as good as his players". I will stress this one more time to make my point...THESE GUYS HAVE PLAYED FOOTBALL LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO TACKLE PROPERLY. ALL CWM CAN DO IS YELL AT THEM, BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING NEW HE CAN SHOW THEM ABOUT TACKLING TECHNIQUES.

Well, so far I think the problem today is execution on both sides of the ball. There have been a few play calls that I did not like, but even then some of those were not executed either. Hopefully CTT will wake these guys up at halftime.

Must be something about this pre-noon games that our guys just have a hard time getting up for.

Back to the coaching complaints. Coaching is like parenting. You can raise your kids up right and teach them the right things, but do they alwasy do what they should? No they don't. Same goes for coaching, you can coach your heart out and call al the right schemes or plays. You can yell at them until you are out of breath. You can discipline them like crazy, but sometimes the players are just going to do it their way. If the players are just not going to perform for you, what more can you do? You can bench them, but what if the player behind them has the heart, but lacks the experience to execute properly? What then?

TWO blown attempts to score - interception and a fumble :angry:

Whatever CTT said last week at half-time - they deserve to hear double this week! WAKE UP AUBURN!

I've already brought out the bourbon!

In addition to terrible defensive play and coaching, this is a poorly called game.... When we went to the pass, our offense clicked, so why did he go b ack to the run? This is why his games are usually close with good teams because he waits about putting points on the board unless he can do it rushing. It has worked well for him in the past but teams seem to be catching on to his methodology. The way Brandon is throwing the ball, and the way Muschamp's D is playing, it's going to be a DAMN SHAME if we lose this ballgame by run run run run. :angry:

Defense gave up 173 yards this half. Ouch. Offense coughed up two turnovers.

I don't like where this is going but I think we're gonna edge out a victory today.

how badly has the D played? the opening drive was disappointing, but that's all they gave up.

i'd like to see SCORES from the offense. i think the D is doing an acceptable job.

Archived