arkansas st.

auwallace

too many freakin bama topics again, i know this is a down weekend playing arkansas st. One thing i noticed is that they are aweful at throwing the ball, lots of int's. I think this may be the blowout that we've all been waiting for.

Last night on ESPN U - Inside the Polls, Todd McShay said the blowout of the week will be Auburn over Arkansas St. by at least 50. I hope this comes true, mainly because it will mean our offense is producing, and that we can play some younger players and give the starters some rest.

I saw when he made that "blow them out by 50" comment. I was a bit surprised...we haven't really lit anyone up all year. I hope he is right. Be nice for the starters to pad their stats and the backups to get some reps.

I would like to see us score a TD everytime and the defense hold everyone to 3 and out, but with our offensive scheme, it doesn't seem we would score 50+ points against anyone....unless we can get a 'big play', were more into the grinding it out, running time off the clock....which helps you win the close games....

Wins=championships....when the season is over and we're 13-1, NO ONE is going to look at the scores, only the W's.....

War Eagle

would really like to see the running game blow up again for 300+ with ben tate having the majority of the carries, i've always respected CTT's method of getting good reps for young players in trash games.

This team beat Florida International (who just competed with Alabama!) and Army and Memphis--

I think our team will win, but I'm not sure a blowout is coming.

Just my two cents, I hope we still play hard.

This team beat Florida International (who just competed with Alabama!) and Army and Memphis--

I think our team will win, but I'm not sure a blowout is coming.

Just my two cents, I hope we still play hard.

they also got stomped 29-0 by florida atlantic,

Passing Statistics

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

Corey Leonard 60 114 794 52.6 6.97 4 7 110.4

we shut down the run early and score and it will get ugly

Not being negative, but a realist, I don't see us scoring 50 points in the rest of the regular season (3games). Maybe we can put together a total game but I'm hoping we save that for uat as long as the arky st and uga games are both "W's".

SERIES/GAME NOTES

Record: First Meeting

Auburn plays its final non-conference game of the season when the Tigers host Arkansas State Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium... Auburn is looking to extend a three-game winning streak and improve to 4-0 in non-conference games this year, while Arkansas State hopes to bounce back from a 29-0 loss to Florida Atlantic that snapped a four-game winning streak... The game will be televised on a pay-per-view basis...Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville coached defensive ends and linebackers at Arkansas State from 1980-84... The Indians advanced to the Division I-AA Playoffs in his final season in 1984...Auburn running backs/special teams coach Eddie Gran was the running backs coach at Southeast Missouri State in 1989 when ASU cornerbacks coach/recruiting coordinator Tony Gilbert was a senior All-Gateway Conference running back at SMSU...Arkansas State is 3-1 in the Sun Belt Conference this season ... The Indians played in the New Orleans Bowl last season, which was their first bowl game since becoming a Division I-A school in 1992 ... ASU needs one more win to match last season's win total with six victories, which would also equal the most wins in school history as a I-A program

SERIES/GAME NOTES

Record: First Meeting

Auburn plays its final non-conference game of the season when the Tigers host Arkansas State Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium... Auburn is looking to extend a three-game winning streak and improve to 4-0 in non-conference games this year, while Arkansas State hopes to bounce back from a 29-0 loss to Florida Atlantic that snapped a four-game winning streak... The game will be televised on a pay-per-view basis...Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville coached defensive ends and linebackers at Arkansas State from 1980-84... The Indians advanced to the Division I-AA Playoffs in his final season in 1984...Auburn running backs/special teams coach Eddie Gran was the running backs coach at Southeast Missouri State in 1989 when ASU cornerbacks coach/recruiting coordinator Tony Gilbert was a senior All-Gateway Conference running back at SMSU...Arkansas State is 3-1 in the Sun Belt Conference this season ... The Indians played in the New Orleans Bowl last season, which was their first bowl game since becoming a Division I-A school in 1992 ... ASU needs one more win to match last season's win total with six victories, which would also equal the most wins in school history as a I-A program

It has to feel a little funny playing a team where you used to work. With this situation it was so long ago that it probably doesn't matter that much, but think about it when kids that you knew and liked and may have helped recruit are at a place then you are out there trying to beat them (like Will Muschamp and the LSU game earlier this season).

Archived