Top salaries for NCAA Football

vatz22au

I am not doubting these numbers, but a link would be nice because:

I know ND is a big program, but to give a new coach that much money? I also didn't realize the state of Iowa even had a budget that size and how does Bobby Petrino make more than his former boss? At Louisville nonetheless. And I thought Bobby Stoops had some clause where he was the highest paid coach by a penny or something. And I didn't think Urban Meyer was that high on the list either... but what do I know - I'm just a student at Auburn

I know ND is a big program, but to give a new coach that much money? I also didn't realize the state of Iowa even had a budget that size and how does Bobby Petrino make more than his former boss? At Louisville nonetheless. And I thought Bobby Stoops had some clause where he was the highest paid coach by a penny or something. And I didn't think Urban Meyer was that high on the list either... but what do I know - I'm just a student at Auburn

After this past season, many an NFL team came calling Weis so Dame decided to up the $$ and thats from the horse's mouth.

Stoops might earn more from the university than any other coach, but his supplementary income might not be as high. I think on the payroll, CTT is around $250K. The rest of the money comes from the athletic dept, alumni, Golden Flakes, etc.

I was surprised Weis' was that low. I thought he had a 10 yr, $40M contract, which would be $4M a year.

Meyer got a rediculous contract at UF. 2M a year before proving anything. The biggest surprise on that list, to me, was Spurrier. SC is getting a DEAL.

Based on those numbers I think that South Carolina and Georgia are getting relative "deals" (hard to call someone being paid over a million bucks a year a deal).

Would be interesting to go through and divide the salary by the number of wins the team has averaged per season since each contract has been in place and see how much each school is paying for each win...

I figured Les Miles would be getting more than that he has done a good job at LSU I mean they beat us last year and gave us a fit this year. 2 losses or not LSU is a STRONG team and a tough win for anybody. So as far as how much each team is paying for each win to this point in the season... Let's do some quick math... Ole Croom is getting paid 450K/win and Orgeron is getting 500K/win and CTT is only gets 275! lol Give the man a raise lol...

Wow! Fran is a BIG waste of $$$$$

the aggies are a one-loss team right now.

granted, they still have some tough games ahead of them, but right now, things are looking good in aggie-land.

i think they are lighter-weight than their record indicates, however.

Note that the source of the info is stated at the bottom of the tables in smaller print......from various news sources. So they may not be up to date and one has to question the accuracy in any event. Vandy's number being N/A is likely due to the fact that they are not only a private school but are also the only SEC school that doesn't have an AD. The HC reports to the president and as such is considered part of the faculty.

If these numbers are accurate, which the source info at the bottom does make you wonder, then I find it a complete joke that Mike Shula makes more then Richt or Spurrier in the SEC.

Here in ATL yesterday, I was listening to Buck & Kincaid and they said that David Cutcliffe was making $1 million a year as an assistant at :ut:

He's a great assistant, but dang, I'm shocked if that's true. Can anyone confirm?

zeebish

Wow! Fran is a BIG waste of $$$$$

the aggies are a one-loss team right now.

granted, they still have some tough games ahead of them, but right now, things are looking good in aggie-land.

i think they are lighter-weight than their record indicates, however.

But look at the opponents they have played.....beating Army by 4 isn't exactly impressive

Announcing a new contract is one thing, but it’s not done until the deal is signed. Looks as if Mark Richt has finally taken care of that last detail. $2 million a year for eight years with some bonus potential. Hopefully he’s here through those eight years and then some.

http://www.dawgsonline.com/?p=224

We need a link for this, or we will lock it. Not that this thread is one that is going to cause a big debate, but we still need a link from the source that compiled these number from "various news sources". :big:

I just got the image off of another board in which they were having a discussion such as this. Lock it if you want.

Archived