Is this what we have to look forward to?

MDM4AU

People care about three things this election season: Illegal immigration; winning in Iraq and -- as much as the media wants to ignore it -- the economy. A PEW Research poll released yesterday shows that 42% of people believe the economy is now the first or second most important issue! Great! The message is actually getting out!

Uh, yea, not so fast. With unemployment at 4.4%, a number that economists have said is, quote "BEYOND FULL EMPLOYMENT"; the Dow hitting record highs; and virtually every other economic indicator off the charts, you'd think people would be pretty happy. But no...54% of

this country says -- ready for this? -- the economy is "ONLY FAIR" or "POOR." You know how many think it's "EXCELLENT"? NINE. Nine percent of people say it's excellent. On the bright side, that's 8 points higher than the wealthiest one percent.

But you know what, that sentiment is perfect because the Real Story is that if Democrats do take control tomorrow, here's what you have to look forward to: Ted Kennedy will chair the Education & Labor committee and Barney Frank will chair the Financial Services committee (I'm not joking). And the number one thing on their agenda will be to screw up this economy. Here's how...First -- they're absolutely right about not voting to raise your taxes. They don't have to! The Republican tax cuts will automatically expire if Congress does nothing, and we all know how good they are at that. And second, the Democrats have said that the first thing they're going to do is raise the minimum wage. I'm no Labor Economist, but I am a Thinker and it sounds like a pretty bad idea to mess with wages considering we have BEYOND FULL EMPLOYMENT right now.

But Democrats say, "no, wait, look at this report where 350 economists, including 5 Nobel prize winners, say it's a good idea."

Great, but what they don't tell you is that a survey of the American Economics Association found that almost 14,000 labor economists -- 77%!! -- believe that raising the minimum wage will result in job LOSSES. 350 vs. 14,000. Ohh, I see how it is...when we like what the minority of experts has to say we use them to make our case, but when we don't like it (i.e., Global Warming) -- we ignore them!

There are a lot of real issues up for debate tomorrow, but the economy is not one of them. The Democrats WILL raise your taxes; they WILL raise the minimum wage; and they WILL end the best economy in decades.

Now if you still believe that their "plan" on Iraq outweighs all of that, then go ahead and put them in charge. But first, would you at least define for me what that "plan" actually is? --Yeah, didn't think so.

PEW Research Report

USA Today article on business and the elections

Almost 14,000 economists think raising minimum wage means job losses

Article, Jobless rate at 5 year low; "Beyond Full Employment"

LINK

The Democrats WILL raise your taxes; they WILL raise the minimum wage; and they WILL end the best economy in decades

Yes they will! Pelosi has already said raising the minimum wage will be one of the first things democrats will do when they seize power.

It's interesting that anyone would ask what the Democrat plan is. It's almost as if they don't realize that Democrats did not win on their "plans" or their "ideas." Democrats won by running against Bush. And that's all there is to it.

The Democrats WILL raise your taxes; they WILL raise the minimum wage; and they WILL end the best economy in decades

Yes they will! Pelosi has already said raising the minimum wage will be one of the first things democrats will do when they seize power.

Correction: TRY to do. They still have to get it through the Senate and past President Bush - IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!! Her House majority is minimal, and even if the Senate goes to the Dems, it will be with a ONE vote margin, and that is just not enough!!! NONE of Pelosi's left wingnut agenda will get passed without severe amendment - that is the point to what I have been saying - without some major compromise, or an outright coup that puts her in sole control of Washington DC, she is but one tiny cog in a vast wheel.

Archived