I expect a totally different attitude from uga and uat

eagle76

With both teams having less than expected years, I would be surprised if both teams don't pull out all the stops when playing us. Neither team has anything to lose. I expect to see both teams going for it on 4th downs, fake punts, onside kicks, trick plays, passes on 4th and 1, etc. Why not..........They need something to get their morale and confidence back. I hope our coaches are also thinking this way.

I'm guessing that they might want to win this one more than we do. It would change both teams season's a ton and help to build for next year.

Right. They are dangerous b/c they are playing the spoiler and a win over Auburn would be the highlight of their seasons. We are definitely the hunted. Our boys need to stay focused and grind them under their heels.

Lesser Georgia and Alabama teams have whizzed in our Cheerios before... :uga: in 1986 and 1994 (a tie), :ua: in 1984 and to a degree, 2001, although both teams ended up 7-5 in '01.

I'm not expecting a cakewalk in either game.

Lesser Georgia and Alabama teams have whizzed in our Cheerios before... :uga: in 1986 and 1994 (a tie), :ua: in 1984 and to a degree, 2001, although both teams ended up 7-5 in '01.

I'm not expecting a cakewalk in either game.

Also Auburn was a Martavious Houston hit and Jared Holmes kick away from a repeat of 1984 in 1997. (Ironically the score would have been identical.)

But don't you guys expect to see both team play "outside of their box" so to speak. It wouyld not surprise me to see all sorts or razzle-dazzle, fake punts, and trys on 4th downs. What do they have to lose??? We just need to be prepared. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but #16 for ASU last weekend always lined up in the slot on the left side on ASU punts. We did not have a man cover him. He was wide open everytime he ran down field. Everyone in my section was shocked that their fake punt went to the opposite side. Just watch out these next two weeks.

Auburn has a history of making average or less players look good. Mainly

the QB. Our secondary is beat up and inexperienced so what would you do?

Like I said in my first post on this topic, I know these are dangerous games, but with your comments on UGA and/or Bama "opening it up" more than usual, you know what would be great? One of those games where we go up early, then they get increasingly desperate and start flinging the ball around into tight covereage trying to make something happen and one of the guys in our secondary just goes crazy on them...like Junior Rosegreen in the 2004 regular season Tennessee game...

"desperation" on the part of the opposition? Sounds GOOD to me!

You can expect it but you won't get any new attitude.

Against Vandy, we were going to pull out our stops on our UT game and plug the holes.

Against MSU, Richt said he wanted to get the running game going again and proceeded to have Stafford throw it all over the field

Against UF, Richt publicly stated he was "going for it all" with the playbook....and didn't. I can't tell you how many people were told from Richt that he was throwing caution to the wind for that game....uh.....ya...ok.

Against UK, we had Lumpkin riding red-hot in the 1st half...Richt lets him touch it once in the 2nd half.

UGA has aleady lost its chance to "throw it all on the field" and "get a new attitutde"

Every game seems to be "the game" that we "finally break out" and it never occurs

I totally expect a new attitude from us. We will play with more intensity than we did against our last three opponents. We have healed alot of players that needed rest. Cope has been getting back into game condition and speed. I think we have as much to gain as to lose and I believe Coach Tubs and our players know this.

Well, neither team has a very good offense. It is kinda hard to pull out all the stops if you don't have the weapons to do it. On the flip side, these two games are obviously not pushovers and we could get beat if we come in with the all too familiar carefree attitude that has been known to bite us.

except for the second half of the UF game, we haven't really played with the intensity that I think we need to. Maybe in the LSU game but not quite as much. I think we get close calls in both the games if we don't lose one of them.

With both teams having less than expected years, I would be surprised if both teams don't pull out all the stops when playing us. Neither team has anything to lose. I expect to see both teams going for it on 4th downs, fake punts, onside kicks, trick plays, passes on 4th and 1, etc. Why not.

Why not? Well, if Bama does that, then Shula has been replaced by his alien pod double. Every fiber of his body plays conservative "keep it close, make no mistakes, take no chances, and hope to pull it out at the end" football. If he hasn't gambled and played aggressively in almost four years, why expect him to change now? Or if he does develop a second personality (or is listening to the Fire Mike Shula crowd) and trys to open up his game, why expect him to be successful at something he's never attempted before?

I do agree, however, that for both the Dogs and the Tide, beating us is now their entire season. They'll definitely be fired up. Hopefully, CTT will have us fired up also. He has shown in the past that he can bring the intensity when it comes to UGA and UAT. Let's hope he does it again.

Archived