Why the BCS is a sham

CircleDrill

Why is the BCS a sham?

Because nobody in the media cares about anything right now except the MNC Game. It's like that's all that matters.

Opponents of a playoff say it would minimize the importance of regular season games. This is asinine, yet look what the BCS is doing....exactly that. No other thing matters than who should be in that ONE game?

What do you think the national scene would look like right now if we were all playing to get into an 8 team bracket that would be set in 3 weeks? Do you think that would "minimize the importance of regular season games"?

I'm sorry, but give me back my old days of multiple polls and claiming MNC's based on the AP Poll or whatever. Football was much better then because what mattered was winning.

:puke:

the BCS system is a sham because it isn't a playoff system. simple enough.

Well put runswith...well put. You all know who was a part of the people who set up this whole BCS BS mess don't ya! RK ex-SEC Commish! Go figure.

I was thinking about this last night. The media places most emphasis on the bowl season, even before the regular season starts. As Auburn fans, we've been guilty of that too the past year. When all that's thought about is some date in January, the importance of all the dates in September, October, and November is minimized, if not completely lost. This is probably why good (real) analysis has left the college football media... all they talk about is the bowl game when they should be breaking down the past weeks game and discussing the upcoming game.

Archived