#1 person @ fault...

OKieAuburnDoug

you really wanted to pelt him?

dude, go away with that type of talk.

as long as he has an AU on his helmet, he's in the Auburn Family.

Yeah, I guess 4 INTs had nothing to do with it either? Or the sacks, or the horrible blocking. It was a team loss - you sink or swim together, today we sunk.

I agree, but shouldn't the interception probem have been corrected since last week when Brandon had problems. Interceptions hadn't been a problem all year, but not we are plagued with them?? The coaches should have gotten him back on track. JMHO

Playing hurt, throwing scared!

...And you guys didn't believe us when we said Saban was the real mastermind behind out great defenses.

Bro Bill oliver is still trying to tell everyone how CWM is a D Genius, all evidence to the contrary.

i think every aspect of the game (minus brad lester running and courtney taylor's running) looked pretty bad.

blame goes to everyone in my opinion.

I don't know the game of football as well as you guys, but why in the world does K. Irons always stop when he sees defensive players, instead of keep on running. He just might break a tackle. He stops and, of course, is a sitting target. A force in motion is much harder to stop than one not in motion.

Like somebody said, INTs were not a problem until this game, so there was no reason to work on that before this game. Cox has been playing hurt all year, so, was Cox's injury worse today and the reason for the INTs or was it mental mistakes by trying to force passes? We all know the OL and WRs not getting open all year is partly to blame also. But, what happened today compared to other games that made Cox play differently today?

you really wanted to pelt him?

dude, go away with that type of talk.

as long as he has an AU on his helmet, he's in the Auburn Family.

he was showing his ass while everyone else was running drills to get ready to play. bad choice of language by myself with the pelt thing, and i'll stick to that.

i think every aspect of the game (minus brad lester running and courtney taylor's running) looked pretty bad.

I don't know the game of football as well as you guys, but why in the world does K. Irons always stop when he sees defensive players, instead of keep on running. He just might break a tackle. He stops and, of course, is a sitting target. A force in motion is much harder to stop than one not in motion.

That hasn't always been a trait of KI. Watch tape from last year, he ran like a bowling ball going down a steep hill.

That hasn't always been a trait of KI. Watch tape from last year, he ran like a bowling ball going down a steep hill.

i've noticed that this year, there's always one more man to beat and it seems like nobody but lester can beat him. i sure do miss that big play offense we used to have.

The D was bad, but they were on the field the whole game. I was screaming to watch out for the QB draw and of course we didn't cover it. All we had to do was play a zone which I'm not even sure if we did the entire game. Also, why not spy after that many times that stafford took off. Dumb on muschamps part. Where was our pass rush?

Borges, when you're only down by 2 touchdowns and your QB is playing hurt, you are still allowed to run the ball. I don't understand why he always abandons the run after we get down. Its not our game to pass like we were. Also, pick up a damn pass rush. They were in the backfield every play.

I love CTT but he has a serious problem at getting the team up and pumped for games when they are supposed to win. I don't know why but this happens almost every time and its getting really annoying.

We didn't play with heart and the leadership was lacking.

WAR EAGLE!!!! BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

We didn't play with heart and the leadership was lacking.

Yep. We had best dig deep and find something resembling pride before next Saturday.

I don't think any one person is at fault. I mean, if it were just the defense or just the offense, we might be able to point blame better. I guess since the team seems lethargic and is just going through the motions (and not well, at that!), we can only place the blame on Tuberville. I know that he's a good head coach, and I know that the assistants are good, but he is paid to take the blame. These are kids (ok, young adults) on the field, and we really can't place too much blame on them. The coaches are supposed to have them ready to play. The entire coaching staff needs to look inward in themselves. I am concerned that Brandon Cox seems like he might be injured. Should he have been playing? He should not be the one to make that call. The coaching staff should. I don't think that the blame should be placed on his shoulders. He was not the only player on the field. I think almost all the team can take part of that blame.

This game is over. We shouldn't let it eat at us. We will still have at least a 9 win season. We will still go to a bowl. I know we expected better, and should have played good enough for better. But we didn't. Let's go on. The season isn't over.

I wasn't going to say anything about this loss until I saw a clip of the last Lumpkin TD again where someone (can't see the number) watches Lumpkin walk into the end zone. He could have popped him. He just watched him!

Another thought...

I like Cox and have always had big hopes for him (still do) but this offensive system does not work with a weak armed QB. We just aren't the same without Cambell. He could basically throw to any where on the field with the flick of a wrist. That opened up everything else. It opened up the crossing routes and the short stuff and the running game.

I odn't know about Caddel or Burns (of Fields) but we will stall on offense regularly as long as we have a touch/read/ accurate type QB in the mold of Danny Wuerffel. This system is great system -an NFL type system, but you need an NFL type QB to operate it. Cox would be great in a spread type Offense.

Like somebody said, INTs were not a problem until this game, so there was no reason to work on that before this game. Cox has been playing hurt all year, so, was Cox's injury worse today and the reason for the INTs or was it mental mistakes by trying to force passes? We all know the OL and WRs not getting open all year is partly to blame also. But, what happened today compared to other games that made Cox play differently today?

Ranger I think it was that first hit he took. I think that set the tone for the entire game for him. If our OL didn't give up that sack on the first offensive snap of the game I think Cox would have played 10x better. I'm not sure if he was injured on that play or it just got in his head. I think from then on he played scared.

I believe his head was not in the game more then I think it was the injury. He never looked comfortable except for that last TD drive.

Ranger I think it was that first hit he took. I think that set the tone for the entire game for him. If our OL didn't give up that sack on the first offensive snap of the game I think Cox would have played 10x better. I'm not sure if he was injured on that play or it just got in his head. I think from then on he played scared.

to add to what i was saying earlier, my friend (a tiger rep) just told me that a graduate trainer let them know that the coaches had to scold the players, specifically the seniors, during halftime because they were joking around and generally not being serious about the game at all. i think maybe the boys are in need of a week off that they have not been able to advantage of. regardless, supposedly most of halftime was wasted because the kids were being rowdy, and not much was fixed on the field.

I would criticize the D but I dont know where to start. There is so much we are doing wrong etc.

The LB play is THE WORST I have ever seen at :au: EVER! They are good athletes. They are being schemed out of position though.

The qb draw was just idiotic how we never corrected for it.

If you asked our kids on any play where the first down marker was or what down it was, I bet they would not know. it is almost like we wait until after they cross the first down marker before we tackle anyone. Very frustrating year for me.

The same run off of Left Tackle worked FOR A FIRST DOWN, ANO MATTER THE YARDAGE, ALL DAY LONG! Didnt matter who ran it or where on the field nor who was in. It simply worked to perfection all day long.

The QB draw for the last score was saw by everyone that has ever played a down of football. Why cant CWM or the D captains adjust to it?

On O, I could go on and on. We have an O, but for crying out loud, KI and BC are injured. Play the damn backups. Give us a chance to win!

I agree. Why wasn't BT put in earlier against formidable opponents and against UGA! If the Number 1 and 2 RBs are hurt put the damned 3rd stringer in!

Today was the first time this season, IMO, where EVERY element of our game collapsed. So maybe next week will be the first game where EVERY element shows up to play big time. ??

I keep on reading how Cox is supposedly playing hurt... didn't we all agree on last week that Brandon Cox is finally healthy and now he's playing hurt again? How many more excuses are we going to make for the lack of fire in this team?

I was at the game, when I saw them coming out I knew exactly what I could expect. They came out the same way they came out for Arkansas, slow, just barely jogging to the sideline. It was a sad display. I think it's time we stop giving them excuses and make them stand up to what they did.

Losing this game isn't easy, and losing next one will stink even worse, but that's what this team is reduced down to now. Playing with no emotion, no fire, nothing.

I am ashamed to call the team on the field today the Auburn Tigers.

Cox was as healthy as he'd been in a long time last week...but got hit twice in the first quarter where his leg got caught up in the tackle, reaggravating the ankle injury.

That first hit was a problem but they way our lineman attempted to cut down the DL gave evidence to it being a quick throw. If his primary receiver was covered Brandon should have thrown it away. I have said this multiple times that Cox will not throw the ball away. Sorry if I'm "bashing" a player but that 3 second clock must be on daylight savings time with him. And I know Borges would rather have him hold the ball a second longer but why? Risk-reward doesn't seem to favor an unmobile quarterback in that scenario.

Now to defense... many of you remember our late 90's and early aught teams that would have stellar D but our offense couldn't move the ball. Subsequently our D would tire and give up points. Today reminded me of that after a while. I think Muschamp should be in Wilhite's @$$ all week for giving up a huge play on 1st and 15 and then another big play later. Today our entire scheme didn't work but give CWM time to get the size he wants at our front 7.

Let's really take it to the mullets and hope Tubs doesn't call off the dogs. WAR EAGLE and it's GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

but got hit twice in the first quarter where his leg got caught up in the tackle, reaggravating the ankle injury.

this equalls BS.PERIOD. IF that was the case take him out of the game for gods sake give B.Field a chance HE IS ON SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived