New Reality...

DKW 86

I see us getting clocked in Tuscaloosa. We are just totally lost on D right now. We have schemed our D into total confusion. Our new LB coach has so far been a major letdown. Other than 4 yr starter Herring, our LB play is just awful. They are constantly out of position.

The saving grace is that bama gets mentally constipated inside the red zone. The only thing stopping them next Saturday will be them. If you rattle JPW, he is the worst qb in the SEC. If you dont, he is one of the best. I bet we dont lay a finger on him all night. Probably run that damn 3 down line man crap most of the night.

Either way, the IB will go something like this: We give up 400+ yards but Bama cant find the endzone. We get maybe 150 yards but still score. TURNOVERS will be THE crux of this game. IF IF IF IF we get a pass rush on JPW, he will throw 2-3 INTs. IF they get a pass rush on us, BC will throw 2-3 INTs. The Pass rush is the key to this game. If we allow JPW all day to throw, we could see another :uga: game.

I say Bama 20 AU 14.

Why do I say this?

1) CWM and CTT are trying to convert our D into a LSU D. Bigger linemen up front and bigger LBS too. We do not have the size to run the D we will have in a year or so. Greg Smith and others will give us that D soon tho. We will need that D to win at the next level. The Speed D is going away fast and credit CTT, he sees it now, a bit ahead of the curve.

2) Our O is going through a simultaneous, finely orchestrated sophomore slump by almost ever skill position player. PR, RS, CT, and BC are all well under performing. KI is very hurt and has been since LSU.

3) Our OL is just average on a good day. They havent put together a good game all year, especially against a good opponent.

4) Our new LB coach apparently was out of the game for too long. We look awful at LB. We actually do better when TB is in because he isnt AS confused as the others are right now. KD is just lost in certain situations. I actually pray for him during the game to not get very embarassed.

Two good things to note. I know this is hard to believe but listen to me. We are ahead of the game on converting our D to a run stopper D. We will need it to compete with :arky: and :lsu: We are also starting very young DBs. So look for the DB play to get much better very soon.

Why did all this happen? After 2004 our recruiting actually went to another level. It had the odd effect that we are now very young on D because we had so much better talent come in after 2004. The newer talent is better than our more senior players.

On O, we are just having a magnificent sophomore slump by BC and the rest. Everybody gets it. That and a few injuries have really stopped us this year. In 2005, Borges actually out produced our 2004 numbers! It is not the scheme, at least I dont think so. We cant use the whole playbook right now because we just cant execute it. It would just cause more confusion.

Problem: 2007 is going to be a rough year for us. We have Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Arkansas ALL on the road. We will have a rough time winning on the road with 4 new OL. Bama will be peaking again and I see Bama, Ark, and LSU leading the West.

Hang on boys and girls, this is when CTT and our staff notoriously do their best coaching is when we are over looked.

I'm still confused. I thought everyone this board said Bama was an easy win? They are 6-5 guys... Auburn is 9-2, did something happen? Do records and previous history all of a sudden not mean anything?

O yea, you guys finally woke up. I've been saying this all year

Bama is not going to be easy, I don't know why everyone thought they would. I also don't know why everyone is just abadoning our chances next week. WE always seem to play inspired football after we have been embarrassed, and that is definitely what happened yesterday. I will be in Ttown expecting a War but as long as we have 11 AU Tigers that are on the field we can Beat BAMA.

War Eagle!

I dont know about AU getting clocked by bama. We have our own problems.

I will say though, your comment about JPW is way off. He hasnt gotten rattled all year. And only three of his INTs this year were really bad passes. A few of them were tips by the WRs.

He played well against UF even though they got to him early. Same for UT. He played his best game of the year against the #1 D in the country last night. 292 yards and 2 TDs. Without his biggest deep threat for the last two quarters.

My concern is our Oline and run D. Though our Oline showed signs of life against LSU.

to be honest, after last night's showing i feel we might have a chance against yall. i was one of the most pessimistic people about our last two games after getting dropped by MSU. depending what team of ours and what team of yalls shows up, we might actually pull it out lol

but really, i was impressed by last night. the playcalling actually showed some promise, and you could tell they wanted it. i think our redzone performance would be alot better if we could just quit shooting ourselves in the foot down there. we got a pretty good amount of pressure on Russell, but as good as he is i don't think it really mattered. i was also impressed by the OL last night. they stepped up to the challenge of taking on the LSU D. if we can play like we did last night, it's gonna be a pretty good game!

:cheer::ua:

heres hoping for a good clean game!

A couple of keys to the game will be the status of Kieth Brown for Bama and the status of Brock for us. If we are in that situation look for DI to cover DJ Hall and Wilhite to cover either Stover or Oakley. When Kieth Brown is in the game Bama's offense moves the ball well. I think with him out they tend to struggle to find that other go to reciever. Now we must do our part to take up some seats at BD stadium because that place will be loud. I think the Coaches will get the players attention this week so look for a different team to show up ready to play.

I'm still confused. I thought everyone this board said Bama was an easy win? They are 6-5 guys... Auburn is 9-2, did something happen? Do records and previous history all of a sudden not mean anything?

You know, I've tried to be patient with you. I've tried to excuse your stupidity because you're young, you clearly have no friends and people in real life probably spit on you or kick you just for fun. But my patience is gone. You're nothing but a POS nimrod. I'm sick of seeing your garbage on this board. I've never used what I think of as "prick mode" on anybody on this board before, but you're such a polesmoker, I'm putting your nerdy ass on ignore.

It disgusts me that you pretend to be an Auburn fan. Your posts utterly sicken me.

It disgusts me that you pretend to be an Auburn fan. Your posts utterly sicken me.

I've been saying this all year..

Slope. Trend. Curve--as in learning curve.

We are on a downhill slide. The "improvement" slope is negative.

We played perhaps our best game against Washington State. We played well against LSU, but I wouldn't want to play them again.

How we beat Florida, I'll never know.

It will take a Hell of an effort against uat to win. Cox seems to have gone from cool customer to frustrated hot-head. No poise on either side of the ball.

I've never seen a more confused bunch of people than I did Saturday.

I don't understand why this is an "important topic."

I don't understand why we have to act like a bunch of losers prior to losing.

I don't understand how anyone could truly think we should be the underdog against Bammer.

I don't understand why we aren't supporting our team and showing confidence in them.

I don't understand why we can't wait until after the game to whine and moan should we lose.

I don't understand why we aren't reminding the Bammers to "Fear the Thumb," because they certainly do.

WAR EAGLE!

BEATDOWN BAMMER!! :thumbsup:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tubs is saying that Brandon is so banged up that he may not start. OBVIOUSLY his legs are so banged up that he can't get ANYTHING on an out pattern. If Blake starts, we will run the football down Bamar's throat, like we should've done UGA...Irons is PO'd that he didn't get more carries against the Dawgs...especially after gaining 170+ against them last year. So I see us having a HUGE game on the ground against Bamar. My revised prediction is:

:au: 37

:ua: 13

:au::homer:

I've been saying this all year..

Way to go 'Cola :big:

I don't understand how anyone could truly think we should be the underdog against Bammer.

Nor do I.

I don't understand why we aren't reminding the Bammers to "Fear the Thumb," because they certainly do.

Im sure its in the Bama locker room right now. We appreciate the extra motivation.

Win or lose against bama The Thumb has been one of the greatest off season prods we have had in a long time. It's been on the bammer's minds for a year now and that's exactly what we wanted. It was obvious in the preseason SWEC days when Darby said "we ain't worried about no thumb." If it wasn't on his mind why did he feel the need to comment on it?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Out of curiousity, why is this thread a "headliner" rather than a normal FB Forum thread.

David, as owner of the forum, felt a need to impart a little knowledge on everyone.

I wrote it early Sunday morninig and it had fallen almost off the screen and no one had read it.

I changed the topic and pinned it temp.

Archived