Coaching

Spurrier can use S. Newton and play with Auburn. Or he can use B. Mitchell and be in position to win the Florida game. Our coaches are responsible for our players playing hard every snap. When Pat Dye was at Auburn, in practice when a player was tackeled if you were on the ground close by the pile, the coaches would drag you to the pile by your facemask. It was their job to only accept 100% EVERY play. They are kids that are waiting to learn. They will follow the example given to them. When they are still not motivated you "encourage" them. Example: half time Florida game, Result: Motivated, Florida scores no more.

Spurrier can use S. Newton and play with Auburn. Or he can use B. Mitchell and be in position to win the Florida game. Our coaches are responsible for our players playing hard every snap. When Pat Dye was at Auburn, in practice when a player was tackeled if you were on the ground close by the pile, the coaches would drag you to the pile by your facemask. It was their job to only accept 100% EVERY play. They are kids that are waiting to learn. They will follow the example given to them. When they are still not motivated you "encourage" them. Example: half time Florida game, Result: Motivated, Florida scores no more.

So do you want changes in key staff positions? If so see my thread "Looking for a New HC?"

No CTT has proven he can motivate, half time Florida game. And he can hire great coordinators. I have been in supervision for 7 years. I supervise an all male workforce. Some need to be pushed, some need held back, some need you to talk to them, some need to be ignored. They all must respect you. CTT is smart enough to get great effort and execution EVERY play. He has recriuted extremely well. So he can talk anyone into anything. I do not want him to go anywhere. But I know as long as he is there we will drop one or 2 we should not every year. My best friend is habitually late. I can't stand it when he is late but I know he is giong to be late. But he is still my best friend and I am glad to have him.

No CTT has proven he can motivate, half time Florida game. And he can hire great coordinators. I have been in supervision for 7 years. I supervise an all male workforce. Some need to be pushed, some need held back, some need you to talk to them, some need to be ignored. They all must respect you. CTT is smart enough to get great effort and execution EVERY play. He has recriuted extremely well. So he can talk anyone into anything. I do not want him to go anywhere. But I know as long as he is there we will drop one or 2 we should not every year. My best friend is habitually late. I can't stand it when he is late but I know he is giong to be late. But he is still my best friend and I am glad to have him.

I think what you are talking about is expectations. You can expect perfection but in this world you will never get it. I hate losing to Georgia the way we did but that is not going to change the fact that football teams will eventually lose games. My best friend is obsessed about his weight and takes diet pills when he could just exercise and loose weight. He has done it before and could do it again. My point is he wants the easy way out. Like most people they don't want to work to get something worthwhile.

It's a game. We all want perfection. You will seldom attain it.

When you lose ballgames you never want to be blown out. Sometime you will be.

What part of sports do some of you not understand?

I guess it is nice that expectations have been raised so high. I am not even saying they should not be. I am saying more and more people I hear could use a dose of humble pie!

Archived