is field that bad?

auwallace

okay brandon got hurt, again, why do we stick with him in a game where he is hurt and can't throw an accurate pass over ten yards. Isn't a healthy blake field better than a hobbled cox?

okay brandon got hurt, again, why do we stick with him in a game where he is hurt and can't throw an accurate pass over ten yards. Isn't a healthy blake field better than a hobbled cox?

Can you even say that on the radio??? :)

I agree...I'd start Field against Bamar...and hand it off.... Brandon's just not healthy.

:au::homer:

I fully believe that CTT was too scared of starting a "QB Controversy." If he benches Cox during the UGA game (which no question should have been done. mod edit.) then we go into the biggest game of the year (maybe not biggest in actuality, but biggest in the sense that its against Bama) with an uncertainty.

Well, getting destroyed by Georgia also causes controversy. I don't think it causes controversy to pull an injured player...and Cox certainly looked (and performed) like he was hurt.

One thing to remember, Field hasn't had much experience at all...that is something that has concerned me all season...I know we haven't been blowing a ton of teams out, but it does seem like there were a few chances to rest Cox and let Field get some reps, and we just never did it...

Well, getting destroyed by Georgia also causes controversy. I don't think it causes controversy to pull an injured player...and Cox certainly looked (and performed) like he was hurt.

One thing to remember, Field hasn't had much experience at all...that is something that has concerned me all season...I know we haven't been blowing a ton of teams out, but it does seem like there were a few chances to rest Cox and let Field get some reps, and we just never did it...

You are absolutely 100% correct. I really liked the classy move w/1:15 left in the game and he gave BF the reins to hand off two times.BF should have started the Buffalo game and the Ark. St. game to rest Brandon and give BF real playing time.

I fully believe that CTT was too scared of starting a "QB Controversy." If he benches Cox during the UGA game (which no question should have been done, mod edit) then we go into the biggest game of the year (maybe not biggest in actuality, but biggest in the sense that its against Bama) with an uncertainty.

CTT scared? The man basically has a guaranteed contract. What does he have to be scared of? :no:

I fully believe that CTT was too scared of starting a "QB Controversy." If he benches Cox during the UGA game (which no question should have been done, mod edit) then we go into the biggest game of the year (maybe not biggest in actuality, but biggest in the sense that its against Bama) with an uncertainty.

Someone finally gets it!

Pulling a QB because he's having a bad game doesn't mean you have to start a controversy. You just tell Cox "look son, it's just not your day today. Let's give someone else a shot and we'll regroup this week". At the college football level a real leader has to know that you put the team first.

name another coach who would keep his QB in after three straight INTs then after the game say,"I never thought about putting Blake in, COx is our man!"???

I'm sorry but that statement from Tuby has to be bull! :no:

name another coach who would keep his QB in after three straight INTs then after the game say,"I never thought about putting Blake in, COx is our man!"???

I'm sorry but that statement from Tuby has to be bull! :no:

Shula. Look at last year with Brodie.

Geez, I hope our players aren't reading WEN this week. As others have noted here before, they do read these boards.

Brandon Cox is the starting QB for the Auburn Tigers. He is a HUGE part of the reason we have lost only THREE SEC games over the past THREE years. He is also a huge part of the fact that we have a 9-2 Team.

He is a leader and a very good qb that had a very bad day Saturday.

Anyone that thinks you put a second stringer, with little to no experience, on the field over Brandon knows very little about football and is just a bit miffed over the fact that UGA handed us our collective hat on Saturday past. THAT game is OVER. Make no mistake, Brandon knows all too well what is at stake THIS Saturday. We will get his best THIS week. HIS best is more than good enough. :thumbsup:

WDE ! ! ! :au:

Archived