Bama players talking

AURainman

WOW!!!

I know they're pissed about the FOUR fingers thing, but D***!!!

Read ANY link on tigerland.com. Those guys can't shut their mouth!! They're feeding a LOT of buletin board material. Where's Shula to shut them up?

Darby and McClain are guaranteeing wins and obsessing over a "one finger salute".

Arrogant s**t eaters. <_<

WOW!!!

Read ANY link on tigerland.com. Those guys can't shut their mouth!! They're feeding a LOT of buletin board material. Where's Shula to shut them up?

Darby and McClain are guaranteeing wins and obsessing over a "one finger salute".

You must have missed the memo: we're playing nice with Bama this week.

WOW!!!

I have been saying for a long time that no matter how much they deny it the thumb has gotten to them bad.

Wes...this one needed the sarcasm sign after it. :P

Sorry, I was trying to fall in line and be a good soldier. I thought that was policy this week.

I'll go back to bashing/despising them.

I have been saying for a long time that no matter how much they deny it the thumb has gotten to them bad.

Exactly right! All of this talking proves how much they are thinking about that!

WOW!!!

They were talking the same trash last year...and the results will be the same.... :thumbsup:

:au::homer:

Sorry, I was trying to fall in line and be a good soldier. I thought that was policy this week.

That takes a lot less energy :P

That takes a lot less energy :P

And it makes me happier. :thumbsup:

Exactly right! All of this talking proves how much they are thinking about that!

Talking about the streak is great IMO. As long as you are doing amongst your teammates. What KD and LeRon said to the media proved nothing... We knew the team was ticked off about AU's streak. And rightfully so. I want them to go do something about it on the field, and not over the microphone. That gets us nowhere.

Why wouldn't "the thumb" get to our players? If it didn't, they wouldn't deserve to be playing in this game.

I seem to remember a lot of smack about how their seniors weren't going out winless vs Auburn last year. All that got buried under a pile of sacks and a 28-7 1st Quarter.

Bottom line is, they are the ones that got in a snit about CTT doing the 4 fingers...not at them mind you...but just doing it at all. On our sideline. In front of our students. Had they not acted like big frickin' babies over that innocent gesture, it likely would have been a passing moment. But out of that bitter, whiny temper tantrum came the comments about The Thumb.

They only have their petty whininess to blame.

Seriously.

Had Bama fans not lit up talk radio with their incessant (sp?) whining, Tiger Rags never would've printed the shirt. Tuberville would've let it drop. You can't excuse Tuberville for wearing the shirt. He did it knowing that it would rile up Bama fans. But it never would've existed had Bama fans just taken their medicine.

as an :ua: fan, the whole thumb thing doesn't really bother me. however, when a friend of mine posted the pic of CTT right before the Wisconsin game wearing a "Fear The Thumb!" shirt on my MySpace, i was quick to point out that the day after that pic was taken :au: got it handed to them. i can see where it would bother the players, and rightfully so i guess. i'm sure they would like to have that monkey off their back. if anything, all the talk and the shirts should be motivation to get out there and take care of business. i just don't see where its a big deal to fans though. i'm sure that if we had won 4 in a row there would be something similar. its like wincrimson said, "to the victor go the spolis".

as an :ua: fan, the whole thumb thing doesn't really bother me. however, when a friend of mine posted the pic of CTT right before the Wisconsin game wearing a "Fear The Thumb!" shirt on my MySpace, i was quick to point out that the day after that pic was taken :au: got it handed to them. i can see where it would bother the players, and rightfully so i guess. i'm sure they would like to have that monkey off their back. if anything, all the talk and the shirts should be motivation to get out there and take care of business. i just don't see where its a big deal to fans though. i'm sure that if we had won 4 in a row there would be something similar. its like wincrimson said, "to the victor go the spolis".

That's because you are to young to remember Bryan't famous dig at us when he said "the cow college will never win again" and that slogan was everywhere. It took awhile but The Thumb is payback. it's worked. Just look, you are still talking about it a year later. :poke:

That's because you are to young to remember Bryan't famous dig at us when he said "the cow college will never win again" and that slogan was everywhere. It took awhile but The Thumb is payback. it's worked. Just look, you are still talking about it a year later. :poke:

actually, this is my first time ever really mentioning my feelings towards it one way or another on here. really the only thing that bothers me is the whole "beatdown coming" thing. i mean, the thumb thing is pretty witty and we have have lost 4 years in a row, and its not really being disrespectful. whenever one of my :au: friends says it to me, i just kinda chuckle and shrug. but i just think the beatdown coming deal is kind of classless. i wouldn't support it even if it was an :ua: thing. have seen less and less of that as of late though.

actually, this is my first time ever really mentioning my feelings towards it one way or another on here. really the only thing that bothers me is the whole "beatdown coming" thing. i mean, the thumb thing is pretty witty and we have have lost 4 years in a row, and its not really being disrespectful. whenever one of my :au: friends says it to me, i just kinda chuckle and shrug. but i just think the beatdown coming deal is kind of classless. i wouldn't support it even if it was an :ua: thing. have seen less and less of that as of late though.

You wouldn't support it, huh?? Question then: How loud do you sing Rammer Jammer?? And to say the Beatbown Coming is classless... :roflol::roflol::roflol: Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't support it, huh?? Question then: How loud do you sing Rammer Jammer?? And to say the Beatbown Coming is classless... :roflol::roflol::roflol: Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!

i've posted on here before that i don't even agree with Rammer Jammer. most recently i said something about it after the OT win against ole miss. but thanks for assuming before asking anyways.....

i've posted on here before that i don't even agree with Rammer Jammer. most recently i said something about it after the OT win against ole miss. but thanks for assuming before asking anyways.....

Gotta know the words before you can sing it...You know, like their fight song. :poke:

Coach-Speak:

cow college

tsdtr (or whatever fanny said)

'fear the thumb' shirt.

???

i'm glad the series has some flavor. ray perkins was the perfect coach to take over for the bear at SPUAT

pat dye...'60 minutes'.

shula needs to kick it up a notch...of course, he's stricken w/ 'bill curry'disease...inasmuch as he hasn't beaten auburn. hard to take a dig at a team you haven't beaten yet.

can you aubies imagine shula talking a little smack about auburn?

If you'll notice, the "Beatdown Coming" thread was never intended as self promotion. That's why you haven't seen any Auburn v. Bama beatdown pics. Auburn's opponent has never been threatened w/ the beatdown. At least not with full support from this board. Its simply a weekly jab at Bama. Its a shame if you took it THAT seriously. No one REALLY thought the Beatdown was coming for most of those weeks.

Well, I guess its come true 5/11 times so far, so I can see how it turned sour on you.

Some of you other old guys help me out:

Wasn't that sometime in the middle of his 1970's streak? And didn't he say something along the order of "I'd rather go home and plow than lose to that cow college"? I'm not sure of the his exact words but he definitely said something about going home to plow as a poke at us in addition to the "cow college" label.

I remember, because I was at Legion Field at the Iron Bowl that year. Bryant came out to walk the field pregame with one of his assistants. When they got in front of the Auburn student section, the assistant bent over like a plow mule with his arms out behind him. Bear took his arms and pretented he was plowing. But while the crowd booed, we also laughed...he smiled and waved back and we all took it as a harmless, funny joke.

So CTT waved four fingers back to HIS OWN Fans... ? ?

(..and a bit of trivia that just occurred to me: Both these guys grew up in Arkansas. Hmmm?)

Archived